The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

timing surprises me, thought they'd just wait until the end of the season since they had him as caretaker til then anyway

They want to start buying players I guess. Harder to sell a project if they don't know who the manager will be.

how much are Molde getting out of this anyway?

£11m total, £3m for the loan and £8m for the buy-out.

Wow, that's massive in Norwegian football terms I'd imagine

Yep. Biggest transfer fee between clubs in Norway is £2.3m for John Carew when he went from Vålerenga to Rosenborg, biggest transfer fee for a player to transfer out of Norway is also John Carew, when he was sold to Valencia for £7.5m in 1999.

OGS was the best paid person in Norwegian football out of all players/managers though, and he'd just signed a new deal before Man Utd came knocking.

This was why they shouldn't have appointed him the first place. He was always going to do well and they would have no choice but to appoint him long term.

I don't think many expected him to do as well as he has done.  Can't stand him but he definitely deserves the job full time based on the last few months

This was why they shouldn't have appointed him the first place. He was always going to do well and they would have no choice but to appoint him long term.

I don't think many expected him to do as well as he has done.  Can't stand him but he definitely deserves the job full time based on the last few months

Agreed. They couldn't not give it to him really. If Poch had of been appointed and had a ropey start, all the Mancs would've been harping back to OGS at the wheel.

At least this way, he's been given the rope to hang himself.

The amount of money that's been spoken about as his budget this summer is extreme given the dross they've got to get rid of btw.

Who's going to take Sanchez? Surely, wherever he goes, Man U will have to fund the bulk of his wages?

I wonder what his wage was at Molde as he's apparently on £7 million a year at Man Utd - just a slight increase I reckon!

In fairness to the heinous little Rob Lee fouling cunt, he's got miles more expectation and pressure in this job than his last one so worth a huge payrise.

Hope gets pumped down the road next season though. Without lube.

So he drew or won against teams you'd expect Man U to beat or at least draw against. He beat an under strength PSG after a last minute pen, and lost the two games that were any real challenge or had any real significance to them. Fair enough.

So he drew or won against teams you'd expect Man U to beat or at least draw against. He beat an under strength PSG after a last minute pen, and lost the two games that were any real challenge or had any real significance to them. Fair enough.

thing is before if Jose had still been there would they have won as many matchs as they have? doubt it personally and he set a man utd record for consecutive away wins. Maybe he might not work out long term but he's got the players and fans on board and deserves a chance at least.

thing is before if Jose had still been there would they have won as many matchs as they have? doubt it personally and he set a man utd record for consecutive away wins. Maybe he might not work out long term but he's got the players and fans on board and deserves a chance at least.

I guess.

He's honestly a perfect fit for Man Utd. He'll stay for a decade.

:lol: David Moyes was under-qualified for the job, OGS is beyond that.

Pep Guardiola had a year for Barcelona B before taking over Barcelona, but also had 13 years experience as a player at the club. OGS has 11 years experience as a Man Utd player, and managed their reserves for three years. Management wise he's very inexperienced for such a big club, but taking his career as whole into consideration, him as a fit for the club itself is perfect. Hence why I think it'll work out great at Man Utd, but that he'd fail spectacularly at any other current Prem club.