General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest Cheesy Beans

Who's the best passer you've ever seen for Newcastle?

Hate to say it, probably Shelvey for me.  Cabaye, Nobby and Viana are probably up there though. Beardsley was a bit too early for me to appreciate/remember properly.

The problem with Shelvey is he tries about 50 per match and only 1 comes off.

Cabaye and Nobby for me, by some distance.

Who's the best passer you've ever seen for Newcastle?

Beardsley or Nobby.

I'm probably forgetting someone really obvious considering I'm 40.

Beardsley has to be a good shout. The amount of assists he has provided throughout his career must be huge.

I've also been lucky enough to see him more than any other player. Seen him do it for us [twice], Liverpool, Everton and England.

Guest reefatoon

Gazza also. The last season he played for us where we finished 8th, he controlled absolutely everything we did. Short passes, long passes, assists he had it all in his locker and was an absolute joy to watch.

Is it just my imagination after thinking about this, or was David Batty a very under rated passer?

He was one of the first players that came to my mind.

I remember being amazed at how good he was having thought of him as just a basic midfield hardman. He was very good.

Is it just my imagination after thinking about this, or was David Batty a very under rated passer?

Excellent 1 and 2 touch footballer but his passes probably weren’t ambitious enough to be classed as one of our best.

His completion % would’ve been one of the best in the league if they recorded it back then.