U23s & Academy

Skirge

Wouldnt surprise me if shola got one of the positions imo folks

Anyone want tonight's lottery numbers? 😎

Fucksake i don’t want this knacker teaching our youngins!  He barely made any improvement to his game past the age of about 23.

“Aye lads so once you’ve made a few 1st team appearances you’ve pretty much made it and all you have to do to

get payed is turn up to training every day.  It’s mint!”

Have been reading Michael Calvin's 'No Hunger in Paradise' (which I'm sure you've read OCK). Seems like youth football has so much good stuff intertwined with the bad. If we go ahead and appoint an ex-player with barely any experience it really is a damning indictment of how we treat our youth process.

If we can keep Ben Dawson, Liam Bramley and Neil Winskill together we'll have a great core of coaches focused on coach development as well as player development. They won't allow standards to drop.

Liam Bramley new U23s Assistant Coach. All is looking good. Just need Neil Winskill to get the Head of Academy Development position now.

Have been reading Michael Calvin's 'No Hunger in Paradise' (which I'm sure you've read OCK). Seems like youth football has so much good stuff intertwined with the bad. If we go ahead and appoint an ex-player with barely any experience it really is a damning indictment of how we treat our youth process.

Youth Development in the UK has a lot of lip service, with little follow through. There are great coaches out there, doing a great job, but that's the issue - they're coaches. They still have people above them making the key decisions that don't have the confidence to give youth a chance. The balance between results and development is still heavily tilted towards results. We all know youth players only get a chance if a player above them is injured or suspended for the most part. If they don't impress above and beyond the expectation then they're dropped as soon as the established player is fit again. You can't just 'play well'.

I haven't read No Hunger in Paradise, I've only just started to gain an interest in football again in all honesty. I totally switched off for 2 years.

• 3 weeks later...

so i went to watch the reserves last night....

Man Utd's number 10  Gomes ran the game from start to finish, amazing player who would walk into most premier league teams imho

the gulf in class between him and most of the other players on the pitch was noticeable.

How the fuck are they below us in the league?

i can only assume that daft haired lad, greenwood and gomes have been in the first team most of the season?

Our lads barely got a kick after the first 30 seconds

Quite a few Leeds first teamers in that side too. Peacock-Farrell, Clarke, Shackleton, Berardi, Phillips. Cracking to win so comfortably.

Hope Cal Roberts can get a half decent football league side to take him.

Quite a few Leeds first teamers in that side too. Peacock-Farrell, Clarke, Shackleton, Berardi, Phillips. Cracking to win so comfortably.

Hope Cal Roberts can get a half decent football league side to take him.

That is embarrassing from Leeds if thats the case.  :lol:

Man Utd's number 10  Gomes ran the game from start to finish, amazing player who would walk into most premier league teams imho

the gulf in class between him and most of the other players on the pitch was noticeable.

i can only assume that daft haired lad, greenwood and gomes have been in the first team most of the season?

Gomes is absolute class. He’ll be in the England squad in the next few years, with Foden.

How the f*** are they below us in the league?

Gomes is absolute class. He’ll be in the England squad in the next few years, with Foden.

There is a gap in the market for Newcastle to fill in if we wanted to. Buy some of these talented young players who will likely have limited opportunities of first team football especially at the big 6 clubs, develop them and show other youngsters that this is the club to be at to have their talent nutured.

There is a gap in the market for Newcastle to fill in if we wanted to. Buy some of these talented young players who will likely have limited opportunities of first team football especially at the big 6 clubs, develop them and show other youngsters that this is the club to be at to have their talent nutured.

you on glue mate?

if i was a young player i would be staying well clear of us

EDIT: Just a couple of young ones who have left and gone on to play regularly elsewhere

Mbabu - Just signed for wolfsburg after languishing in our reserves for years and getting a handful of games

Liam Gibson (everton reserves but won player of the year i think lately for them)

Armstrong (i  know he has dropped down but is playing every week)

the man united reserve goalkeeper Woolston was released by us a while back..

we are not the place to be at all

It's the usual thing with youth/reserves - rarely do teams have a consistent line-up week-in and week-out. Players move up and down the age groups, international call-ups and the U19 cup get in the way, some teams loan everybody out and others regularly play first-teamers in P2 or whatever it's called now.

you on glue mate?

if i was a young player i would be staying well clear of us

EDIT: Just a couple of young ones who have left and gone on to play regularly elsewhere

Mbabu - Just signed for wolfsburg after languishing in our reserves for years and getting a handful of games

Liam Gibson (everton reserves but won player of the year i think lately for them)

Armstrong (i  know he has dropped down but is playing every week)

the man united reserve goalkeeper Woolston was released by us a while back..

we are not the place to be at all

I said if we did things properly this would be the club to be at for young players I didn't say we are now.