Norwich City 3-1 Newcastle United - 17/08/19

Disco

Told you's Shearer would say little. :D

Shearer can fuck off with that - let’s blame the foreign lad who was actually quite good under a proper manager

His points on Almiron were valid though, and I don't think he blamed him specifically.

It's more down to the setup on the whole. He is way too deep.

But he named and shamed Almiron, who has himself said he is not a striker, but stayed very quiet on the man responsible for the set up - The Head Coach. 

Telling Almiron to get in the box for a cross, bit strange from Al.

He hardly said that. He said he should be gambling? I'd rather a forward gamble than think ah f*** it I'm to small to go for that cross.....

But surely, the tactics should not be let's see if Almiron can get on the end of a cross :lol:

Is Almiron even a forward? Not gonna pretend like I knew anything about him before he came here

No, attacking midfielder.

Sorry like but Shearer had a mare there and he can fuck off if he is going to give Broocy an easy ride because they are mates.

Is Almiron even a forward? Not gonna pretend like I knew anything about him before he came here

No, attacking midfielder.

Sorry like but Shearer had a mare there and he can f*** off if he is going to give Broocy an easy ride because they are mates.

He hardly said that. He said he should be gambling? I'd rather a forward gamble than think ah f*** it I'm to small to go for that cross.....

But surely, the tactics should not be let's see if Almiron can get on the end of a cross :lol:

No they're probably not, but is there any difference in the goal Sterling scored being similar height and build to Almiron, and Shearer highlighted that Both Aguero and Sterling both know to move when they see De Bruyn cross, they had seconds on spurs defenders because they gambled.

He literally said he where awful in defence and attack, and there was nothing redeeming from the game, and was rightly critical of the distance between our front two. He may have went a bit overboard singling out Almiron. But he hardly "had a mare".

No they're probably not, but is there any difference in the goal Sterling scored being similar height and build to Almiron, and Shearer highlighted that Both Aguero and Sterling both know to move when they see De Bruyn cross, they had seconds on spurs defenders because they gambled.

I can see what you are saying.

But i'd say there is, City pretty much always build attacks so they are overloading the oppositions defence, most of Sterlings goals from "crosses" are tap ins at the back post from low driven crosses, not aerial ones, that was a one off.

The one Shearer highlighted with us was Ritchie putting a hopefull cross in from deep with next to no chance of Almiron getting there, it was hardly a structured attack.

Just a guess but I would reckon the net spend since Man City's owners took over would be a big difference.

Just a guess but I would reckon the net spend since Man City's owners took over would be a big difference.

Which is what i was trying to say, City's "crosses" are more like passes across the box, ours are a hopefull punt in from deep, and expecting a 5 foot 7 player who isn't good in the air to "gamble" is f***ing ridiculous tbh.

I don't think Al will make a manager  :lol:

But i'd say there is, City pretty much always build attacks so they are overloading the oppositions defence, most of Sterlings goals from "crosses" are tap ins at the back post from low driven crosses, not aerial ones, that was a one off.

The one Shearer highlighted with us was Ritchie putting a hopefull cross in from deep with next to no chance of Almiron getting there, it was hardly a structured attack.

Its not what I'm saying, but im saying I can see Shearers point.

He'd expect players to gamble, anything could have happened in the box where possible it did fall to feet? I mean rewind to the earlier cross and miss from Krafth, the ball goes over everyone and lands with the full back who's got forward (gambled) a bit of composure from him and that was one nil, but he gave himself no time at all.

By the way, none of this is in defence of Bruce,  I'm just saying Shearer highlighting players should be gambling particularly forwards, is not really looking out for his pal Bruce. I reckon he would say that of any player in any side not being hungry when the balls coming into the box, you know what he's like, he's obsessed when he thinks of a player not hungry for a goal, it's all he knows, the reason he loves the Harry Kanes of this world, desire to get in the box and sniff around for anything.

So many players look to have given up already. Joelinton doesn't look like he's got any heart. Ki walked around, watch him do nothing for their second then his head drop when it goes in, same with Lascelles and Schar for the third. Same with most of them tbh. Dubs just looks pissed with all around him. Lots of players making gestures blaming others, mainly for the benefit of showing the 'fans' that it's not their fault. The collective spirit has gone already. The tactical discipline has gone already. The belief has gone already. Bruce's excuse culture has spread to his players instantly it seems.

He'd expect players to gamble, anything could have happened in the box where possible it did fall to feet? I mean rewind to the earlier cross and miss from Krafth, the ball goes over everyone and lands with the full back who's got forward (gambled) a bit of composure from him and that was one nil, but he gave himself no time at all.

By the way, none of this is in defence of Bruce,  I'm just saying Shearer highlighting players should be gambling particularly forwards, is not really looking out for his pal Bruce. I reckon he would say that of any player in any side not being hungry when the balls coming into the box, you know what he's like, he's obsessed when he thinks of a player not hungry for a goal, it's all he knows, the reason he loves the Harry Kanes of this world, desire to get in the box and sniff around for anything.

You're completely right.

Every cross into the box doesn't have to end with a towering header.

It was a valid point from Shearer.

Which is what i was trying to say, City's "crosses" are more like passes across the box, ours are a hopefull punt in from deep, and expecting a 5 foot 7 player who isn't good in the air to "gamble" is f***ing ridiculous tbh.

You might as well say stick Almiron on the half way line every time we have a corner if he's no chance of scoring from aerial balls. Like I said anything can happen in the box.

Fucking ridiculous man :lol:

It isn't Almiron's game though, he wants the ball at his feet running at defenders, not gambling on a f***ing (aerial) punt into the box from Ritchie.

But that's Brooce for ya, dem tactics.

But Shearer was having a go at Almiron ignoring that it's the useless c*** in the dugout supposed to be telling him how to play.

It isn't Almiron's game though, he wants the ball at his feet running at defenders, not gambling on a fucking (aerial) punt into the box from Ritchie.

But tjat's Bruce for ya.

It's possible for him to do both you know.

When a cross is about to come in, you want your attacking players trying to find space in the box for a chance to score.

It isn't Almiron's game though, he wants the ball at his feet running at defenders, not gambling on a fucking (aerial) punt into the box from Ritchie.

But tjat's Bruce for ya.

You're the only one who thinks it must be his game though?

Shearer and anyone who can see his point is basically saying, get in the box pal, see what comes of it.

You keep thinking it's about Miggy emulating Kevin Davies if you like.  :lol:

You might as well say stick Almiron on the half way line every time we have a corner if he's no chance of scoring from aerial balls. Like I said anything can happen in the box.

f***ing ridiculous man :lol:

Well you don't really want him on the keeper, on the edge of the box maybe, why is it ridiculous?

It isn't Almiron's game though, he wants the ball at his feet running at defenders, not gambling on a f***ing (aerial) punt into the box from Ritchie.

But tjat's Bruce for ya.

When a cross is about to come in, you want your attacking players trying to find space in the box for a chance to score.

But the one Shearer highlighted, Almiron was never going to get on the end of it, Ritchie would have been better just cutting back and passsing, to have a go at Almiron in that situation is mad for me like.

It's not Almiron's fault Ritchie just crosses it from anywhere, he isn't a striker.

f***ing ridiculous man :lol:

Well you don't really want him on the keeper, on the edge of the box maybe, why is it ridiculous?

Mate I cant help you anymore with this one. And you keep creating scenarios to suit your agenda. I agree with Shearers sentiment.

:lol: I'm finding it comical you cant grasp hes just saying get in the box,  not get in the box and score a header week in week out.

But tjat's Bruce for ya.

But the one Shearer highlighted, Almiron was never going to get on the end of it, Ritchie would have been better just cutting back and passsing, to have a go at Almiron in that situation is mad for me like.

I will agree with you in that it seems we were crossing far too early from way too deep.

A very obvious "get the ball int he box lads" instruction from the manager.

These crosses are certainly not ideal for more diminutive players, however, he still should be in there because the ball could still drop to him.

I think I get what you're saying though. The whole approach is just wrong.

So many players look to have given up already. Joelinton doesn't look like he's got any heart. Ki walked around, watch him do nothing for their second then his head drop when it goes in, same with Lascelles and Schar for the third. Same with most of them tbh. Dubs just looks p*ssed with all around him. Lots of players making gestures blaming others, mainly for the benefit of showing the 'fans' that it's not their fault. The collective spirit has gone already. The tactical discipline has gone already. The belief has gone already. Bruce's excuse culture has spread to his players instantly it seems.

Best post the neet by a long long way  O0

To be fair i'm not very good at explaining myself sometimes but to simplify it, if Ritchie is cutting the ball back from the byline, then yes, i'd expect Almiron to be there, but when he just randomly crosses it in from deep, how the fuck is Almiron supposed to read Ritchie's mind and then also run into the box in time to be there? That's ridiculous.

Yeah cause, but I also dont think Al was on about just that scenario with Ritchie, I took it as players particularly forwards should be getting in the box. Header,tap in,scramble or whatever.

I think also he used Almiron as the only link between Joelinton and the midfield three,  as the scapegoat for the huge gap between attacking and creativity evident today and vs Arsenal last week. Probably more so calling him a forward because Bruce named him in a front two.

We need to go 433 for me, using ASM and Miggy as inside forwards around Joelinton.