Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

I would guess we'll go to around £25m and I'd be shocked if you didn't accept that.

If he was some kid we'd previously bought from France I'd probably agree.

The fact he is a local kid and has come through the youth setup makes that fee a complete non starter.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Manure are in terminal decline. Think them going for players like longstaff and the lads from Swansea show how far they've fallen. Must be quite tragic for their customers.

If anything they should be breaking the bank for Rice and Sessengon.

:lol: It's absolutely hilarious that these are the standard of players Man United are going for/would look to transform their fortunes.

Longstaff, James, Rice, Sessegnon while good players are only good British players and as much as you can rate them, they're hardly going to help improve their current plight IMO. Signing those types of players (British, potential - see Zaha, Young, Smalling, Jones) has hardly worked for them in the past.

I think Longstaff would revolutionise their system tbqh. He'd sit and find people all day long. Completely freeing up Pogba.

He's played 9 premier League games...

Players like Longstaff are often under-rated in terms of their value. He can play that defensive role in CM, but can also get the ball moving forward quickly and accurately. I always think that players in his position see a lot of the ball, and if they can use the ball as well as win it, that makes a big difference to how the rest of the team functions.

To be honest, whenever I don my anorak and try to think up my all-time Newcastle XI, I get a bit stuck trying to think of an anchor man in midfield who can also pass well. I don't think we've ever had a player with Longstaff's skill set. And I'm reluctant to talk about 'potential' because I think he's already arrived.

Players like Longstaff are often under-rated in terms of their value. He can play that defensive role in CM, but can also get the ball moving forward quickly and accurately. I always think that players in his position see a lot of the ball, and if they can use the ball as well as win it, that makes a big difference to how the rest of the team functions.

To be honest, whenever I don my anorak and try to think up my all-time Newcastle XI, I get a bit stuck trying to think of an anchor man in midfield who can also pass well. I don't think we've ever had a player with Longstaff's skill set. And I'm reluctant to talk about 'potential' because I think he's already arrived.

Hamann was the best in my memory, before he spouted 'oohh i'm homesick', before moving to fucking Liverpool.

True but he was arguably the best player on the pitch for several of those games.

McTominay was arguably the best player on the pitch against Barcelona (first game) and definitely the best player on the pitch against PSG yet people on here are suggesting Longstaff is better.

True but he was arguably the best player on the pitch for several of those games.

McTominay was arguably the best player on the pitch against Barcelona (first game) and definitely the best player on the pitch against PSG yet people on here realize Longstaff is better.

McTominay was arguably the best player on the pitch against Barcelona (first game) and definitely the best player on the pitch against PSG yet people on here are suggesting Longstaff is better.

Too early to compare Longstaff to other youngsters because he hasn't played enough games and they play at opposite ends of the table, but he deserves the praise he's getting. Made his first competitive games in a struggling side that had won only 1 of its last 6 (against Huddersfield) and faced a tough run including Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Spurs, Wolves. During what should have been the toughest part of our season, he played a major part in turning the season around.

Big season for him next year. Hope he comes back stronger from his injury.

I'll sell you Longstaff for £25m, Shelvey for £18m and Gayle for £15m as long as I can buy Rondon for £16.5m and you give me Trafalgar Square plus Fleet Street for £300. Oh, and while we're dreaming........

Mackems have already won Trafalgar Square I'm afraid.

Would fucking hate to lose Longstaff now like. Would need to be ridiculous money (£40-50m) for it to even feel remotely fine.

Who cares what we sell him for, the money won't get reinvested either way.

Would fucking hate to lose Longstaff now like. Would need to be ridiculous money (£40-50m) for it to even feel remotely fine.

I increasingly get the feeling that nothing matters. Sell 'em all, for what impact it will have. Crash and burn approaches?

How many times does this have to be said before it sinks in?  I’d rather we lost him because of a £2m release clause than sell him for £40m and Ashley trouser the lot.

This reminds me of when Hayden was the best player on the pitch against Man City.

This reminds me of when Hayden was the best player on the pitch against Man City.

I know this is to make a point but I still want to argue Longstaff was better :lol: