Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Talk of a £20 million bid now.

This is so weird and annoying from Man United man. Lazy gits.

I know he's hardly even played, but I find that price unaaceptable.

When you consider he is English, and actually from Newcastle the guy should not be allowed to leave for anything less than £35 million if at all! Idiots.

£40m plus a hefty sell-on fee/additional clauses based on apps, trophies, international caps, etc. Personally wouldn’t sell him but could see that sort of offer being difficult to refuse.

I just do not believe Man U would be willing to spunk £20 million+ on a kid who is, let’s face it, pretty unproven and who is also not yet back from injury. I just think it’s bullshit and pure speculation.

Solskjaer will be taking advice from someone, he's not been back in the game long and they are interested in future prospects,  Longstaff, James etc. Wouldn't Surprise me if its Fergie. I still think theres a lot more to this.

I just do not believe Man U would be willing to spunk £20 million+ on a kid who is, let’s face it, pretty unproven and who is also not yet back from injury. I just think it’s bullshit and pure speculation.

:lol: We absolutely would spend this.

Big Mike lining up the chasers as we speak

Although he's looked great for the most part, it's his first season in the top-flight and he'll be 22 soon. Romanticism aside (local lad etc.), for anything close to 30 million we'd be stupid not to sell him; for our current situation we could find a better player for that kind of money relatively easily.

If it's so easy to find better why don't Man United do it themselves?

Plus he's exactly the sort a team should do everything to hold onto. A player that is local and has come through the your development team.

Would be shame IMO.

If he starts and he has a good season he’ll be worth 60m in the space of 12 months.

Daft to even consider selling at this point.

Between Gayle, Hayden, Perez, Shelvey and potentially Longstaff as well there’s about 100m+ in sales there this summer if Rafa wanted.

But potentially all of those would cost significantly more to replace..

Although he's looked great for the most part, it's his first season in the top-flight and he'll be 22 soon. Romanticism aside (local lad etc.), for anything close to 30 million we'd be stupid not to sell him; for our current situation we could find a better player for that kind of money relatively easily.

Could we? Without wanting to sound a bit 'Ashley', Longstaff will be on buttons in PL wage terms, any 30m replacement would demand at least 50Kp/w, probably more, so you have to take that into account.

Here's at list of some of the midfielders that joined PL clubs last season for between (roughly) 15 - 25m:

Torreira

Traore

Shaqiri

Lerma

Maddison

Jota

Seri

I wouldn't swap him for many of them.

It is weird to think Man Utd would want to pay a lot for an almost 22-year old with 9 top flight appearances, but then you realize they have no footballing leadership at the club right now. Just another example of how far astray they are from 8-10 years ago

Would be mad to sell him and a real statement of how shit we really are.

aye be fucking madness to sell him

At any price? How much is the minimum you'd sell him for? Not trying to be obstinate here but the guy has had, what, 10 games of top-flight football?

Fwiw I really like him as a player, I just think we'd be mad to not consider selling him for over 30 million.

At any price? How much is the minimum you'd sell him for? Not trying to be obstinate here but the guy has had, what, 10 games of top-flight football?

Fwiw I really like him as a player, I just think we'd be mad to not consider selling him for over 30 million.

didn't maddison go for £24m or something having never played top flight football?

i'd want between £30-40m to even consider it personally, and if rafa doesn't want it then it shouldn't happen anyways whatever the price

It's not about raw numbers but the abdication of hope that such a move represents. Being unable or unwilling to hold on to the rare good talent that comes from an Academy like ours - whether or not it should be a rare thing is another conversation - is perfectly in line with the Ashley protocol.

Guest covmag

He's played 9 games.  Talking about 30-50m is nonsense.  Howay lads, get real.

It’s a nuts market and we don’t want to sell, why not?

Really Froggy?