Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

If you can't get overly excited about a homegrown wunderkid coming through the ranks of your team, hitting the ground sprinting and being talked up in the media as an England prospect, why are we here?

It's a bit early to claim that he's a "wunder kid". The more people build him up now the further the fall is if he doesn't get to the level so many people are hoping/anticipating. It looks like he will be a solid addition to our squad potentially for years to come, but whether it's as a key player, squad player or back-up player depends on how he improves and how consistent he is going forward. For all we know this could just be a purple patch. It's been 7 games.

Be excited and enjoy the ride but I hope people don't put unnecessary pressure on him.

It's a bit early to claim that he's a "wunder kid". The more people build him up now the further the fall is if he doesn't get to the level so many people are hoping/anticipating. It looks like he will be a solid addition to our squad potentially for years to come, but whether it's as a key player, squad player or back-up player depends on how he improves and how consistent he is going forward. For all we know this could just be a purple patch. It's been 7 games.

Be excited and enjoy the ride but I hope people don't put unnecessary pressure on him.

:thup:

To be honest, he looks like a key player already. He's strengthened the defence and helped to give us a proper counter-attacking game. We're not just hoofing it forward.

Nothing about him reminds me of Carrick. Not that he wasn't an immense player in his own right. He's just a different midfielder with a different style of play. Longstaff is more attack minded and would score/assist many more than Carrick did if he went on and fulfilled his potential.

Longstaff will be the first 100M English player in the next few years.

So we are suggesting Carrick didn’t reach his potential?

The £100m is a mad statement at this point. 7 starts.

His song selection is pretty rubbish like, we need to work on it.

We were short-staffed,

Now we're long-staffed

(To sit down, shut up/play up Pompey)

We trained him at John Spence

To batter your defence

Sean Longstaff

Woooaahhh

Sean Longstaff

Woooaahhh

I need some Longstaff baby this evenin

I want some Longstaff baby tonight

Nothing about him reminds me of Carrick. Not that he wasn't an immense player in his own right. He's just a different midfielder with a different style of play. Longstaff is more attack minded and would score/assist many more than Carrick did if he went on and fulfilled his potential.

Longstaff will be the first 100M English player in the next few years.

So we are suggesting Carrick didn’t reach his potential?

The £100m is a mad statement at this point. 7 starts.

That's not what I meant. I just think he's more attack minded than Carrick was. Not suggesting he's better or even close to him yet. If he were to reach that level though, he would be scoring and assisting more simply because he's a more attack minded player.