Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Another solid performance. Hopefully learns from the mistakes. His reaction time and awareness is sometimes a bit slow but a big bonus and promising promotion.

Also dont begrudge him when he was fouled not fully playing to the whistle. One of many wank decisions by the ref. Clear as day that one.

Another solid performance. Hopefully learns from the mistakes. His reaction time and awareness is sometimes a bit slow but a big bonus and promising promotion.

Good to hear. Reaction time and awareness is (fingers crossed) most likely something he can improve on as he gets more experience with the tempo in this league compared to what he's used to.

Amazing composure. Knows when to take a touch and when to play it first time and rarely loses the ball.

Chuffed to see him take advantage of his run in the team and justifying the longer contract with some early promise. :thup:

Love seeing a young guy come through and deliver. This guy is a cool customer.

Such a nice story. The thought of Diame or Shelvey coming back in is actually a bit of a downer.

Hope he keeps his place unless he struggles a bit.

Him and Ki in midfield for me when everyone's fit I think. Diame might run a bit more than Longstaff but Longstaff doesn't give it away as much so doesn't need to run as much.

Can't see Rafa going without a midfield enforcer, Hayden or Diame are always going to be in there. Longstaff will be competing with Shelvey and Ki for the shirt IMO.

Good to hear. Reaction time and awareness is (fingers crossed) most likely something he can improve on as he gets more experience with the tempo in this league compared to what he's used to.

Yep. In both cases he will adjust and learn with more experience. Definitely encouraging.

Him and Ki in midfield for me when everyone's fit I think. Diame might run a bit more than Longstaff but Longstaff doesn't give it away as much so doesn't need to run as much.

Can't see Rafa going without a midfield enforcer, Hayden or Diame are always going to be in there. Longstaff will be competing with Shelvey and Ki for the shirt IMO.

Yep spot on.

Nah, I see Michael Carrick. More calm and cerebral than Hendo.

Good shout.

Nah, don’t see that at all.

Unlucky pal! Rafa knows what I'm saying!

And, of the 21-year-old, Benitez said: 'I've heard the Michael Carrick comparison and I can see that.

'Carrick, later on, became a holding-midfielder, but at this stage Sean has more mobility and plenty of stamina, he can cover a lot of ground.

'But certainly (like Carrick) he has the technique and can use both feet well. He is also a quiet type and is not someone who loses his head.'

In the right spot at the right time to win the pen, was champion throughout the night everywhere.

He must be over the moon. Must be an amazing feeling for a local lad and happy for him.

Was very impressed with him tonight. Perhaps he’s invisible, and that’s why he got clobbered for the pen :lol: