Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

I absolutely adore KK and think the East Stand should be named after him but we need to go for a progressive coach like Nagelsmann or Poch. Assuming this is all real and if they had any sense, KK would be an advisor.

Keegan should be in the stands sitting in the Director's box watching on and be a lifetime ambassador of the club. He no longer needs to be working day to day football management - he does not need to live and die on results of this club - he needs to have his feet up and finally welcomed back. Name a fucking stand after him as well.

Get a young up and comer like Naggelsmann, our recent legend Rafa, or snag Poch.

This.

He said he hasn’t wanted to write anything till there something substantial. Has that position changed? Up to a point. It’s got to point it’s went on for so long now it feels strange not writing about it. He doesn’t want to get people over excited for no reason but felt after story that PL had been notified about the groups interest it’s got to point it looks like he’s dismissing it as something that shouldn’t be considered so he wrote article. Says it’s categorically not bishop spin for Ashley

The point he was writing was this deal was a year in planning and a year in making . It’s been a painstaking process dealing with Ashley. It’s complicated as staveley, Saudis and Reuben brothers all need to agree to smallest changes so takes time to go round everyone, hmrc has added complexity. It’s not spin, it’s not Ashley covering himself, it’s at a point where it’s gone much further than any other attempt to buy the club  therefor much nearer to happening however they have to get an agreement signed and directors test done which hasn’t happened yet.

The pl has been notified of the potential buyers by the club but directors test hasn’t started. His understanding is the way it works is there would be an agreement, a deposit would be made then PL directors test would start and that would take up to a month. Wouldn’t be a handover process because they couldn’t get in country. Says it’s not #cans yet

That’s about it

Can't get my head around the same people calling Bruce a dinosaur and yet simultaneously hankering for Keegan coming back.

Completely different and its pretty obvious. Dinosaur isn't a reference to age necessarily, but more their characteristics as a coach.

Not that I'm on the Keegan bandwagon, but he's the polar opposite of Bruce in so many ways.

Keegan was out of management for some time before he came back to us under MA and has been out of football since he left again. There’s literally no reason to put a legend through that. He should either become part of the upstairs fabric of this club again or not be involved in anything official - save for a stand named after him and a statue.

Can't get my head around the same people calling Bruce a dinosaur and yet simultaneously hankering for Keegan coming back.

Kev wasn't up to date with tactics or any of that jazz in 1992. He's a motivator. He'd come in and make Joelinton think he's Pele. Sir Bob and that the purple faced Scotsman were the same, which is why they were still doing it into their 70s. It's all done with a Werther's Original and a pat on the back.

Completely different and its pretty obvious. Dinosaur isn't a reference to age necessarily, but more their characteristics as a coach.

Not that I'm on the Keegan bandwagon, but he's the polar opposite of Bruce in so many ways.

If you think Keegan, with his years off before us and ten year off after us, will be a more modern and progressive coach than Bruce then I don't even know what to say to you. You simply can't be that dumb.

If you think Keegan, with his years off before us and ten year off after us, will be a more modern and progressive coach than Bruce then I don't even know what to say to you. You simply can't be that dumb.

Yimentov is right about the motivation aspect but even assuming he's still "got it" you're talking about a club that would need a top down rebuild from playing staff, coaching staff through to youth system and facilities. Ludicrous idea.

I wouldn't say he's a genuinely top manager until he's won more trophies. Also what would be better than us? Big size club in the Premier League with all the money in the world. It'd be the perfect project for a young manager.