Who is the Worst NUFC Manager?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bruce tips it for me at moment for blaming invisible pressure from fans, blaming Rafa tactics, coming up with relentless s*** excuses, and riding on his media pals support. Owh and f*** off saying you're a Geordie. I have hated him even from his Man Utd days right until we pinched him off Wednesday.

I don't count Carver as manager even though he was. For me, he was just a stop gap. And a door knob as well to even be taken seriously as NUFC manager. Schteve was ok but lost his way. Pardew is a slimey cunt but I got enjoyment at his failings. Not with Bruce though.

Added a poll :thup:

Any chance of resetting it to "permanent" manager and removing Carver and Kinnear? I feel those... aberrations are diverting an interesting poll

I have never classed Carver as being a manager.

I think it's probably right that you can't fairly compare the ones in the poll with the likes of certainly Carver, but, wow, the reset makes it an incredibly difficult call. :lol:

I still think McClaren was the worst, yet ironically he's the one I dislike the least as a person - certainly today (I didn't hate Allardyce whilst he was here). In 2015, the whole club was aching for a refresh after the malaise of Pardew turned to an unholy festering under Carver, but McClaren was wildly unqualified to lead any sort of resurgence. He didn't have the malevolence of Pards - he just didn't have a clue. Really was a dreadful appointment.

Pards' greatest ills, managerially speaking, was his inability to blend the talents he had at his disposal into a consistently coherent team with its own identity. The default was to constantly set the team up dependant on the opponent, no matter how inferior, yet typically get it wrong tactically or not drill the side to be able to execute a justified gameplan. His subs/match management was appalling and the coaching was palpably poor, with basically every player regressing under him. That's before you get to the endless excuses and all the facets that made him the great Ashley enabler. Headbutting players. "Fucking old cunt." Pushing linesmen. Ben Arfa. "That one's for Mike." Horrendous individual. But he wasn't the worst manager and somehow managed to galvanise the side into the great runs of form.

I've almost forgotten about Souness' time but the thing that remain strongly in the memory was how he isolated and drove-out the most talented players from Bobby's era. Appointing a disciplinarian perhaps wasn't the most insane idea from Shepherd, but Souness wasn't a 'disciplinarian' - just an angry bloke with a huge ego and little managerial panache. There were some decent moments during his time but Jesus, the rate at which he accelerated the decline was something else. Bad decision after bad decision. We could easily have gone down had we not binned him.

I really see an awful lot of Pardew in Bruce;  there's so many similarities. The way they approach the game tactically, the way they toe the party line, the excuses, the talented squad being misused, the media support.

Then, among all of that utter horror, you've got Rafa Benitez. A man who stood for ambition, excellence, development and unity. A period in which we enjoyed countless great moments (and some shite ones of course, such is footy), saw the improvement of players across the board, witnessed a meticulous and defined plan coming together on the pitch and - most importantly of all - defiance against the beast consuming us, that fucking arsehole Mike Ashley. And people wonder why he was so heralded by so many.

Added a poll :thup:

Any chance of resetting it to "permanent" manager and removing Carver and Kinnear? I feel those... aberrations are diverting an interesting poll

Done and reset :thup:

Cheers :thup:

I’m surprised how much harder it made choosing. Christ, but we’ve had some shite!

Guest neesy111

Out of interest, i'm obviously looking at this from the Premier League era, what where some of the shite we had pre-Keegan? And why where they bad?

Gordon Lee - Sold Supermac and didn't want a team of stars.

Out of interest, i'm obviously looking at this from the Premier League era, what where some of the shite we had pre-Keegan? And why where they bad?

Gordon Lee - Sold Supermac and didn't want a team of stars.

And got us into Europe. His fault is that he buggered off.

McClaren was just shocking.

As slimy as Pardew was, there was the 5th place finish and Europa League run under him. That reason alone I can't pick him. Although his true level of management was revealed to the world not long after he left us and hes been proven to be a dud since. (He was a dud before arriving at us as well anyway)

McClaren had the longest amount of time before being sacked, by then we really hardly stood a chance at staying up - relegated a team that had players more than good enough to not have us flirt with relegation in the first place.

Carver was/is not a manager, a shithouse, but not a manager.

Bruce is lucky there are the likes of Burnley, West Brom, Fulham etc. in the division this year.

The 5th place finish was despite Pardew not down to him. We played some terrible football but had some real quality players.

Never forget.

I hate saying, and i feel dirty even doing so. Under Pardew we also had some good football too, rarely but at least we had a few. Under Bruce.....one maybe.

The 5th place finish was despite Pardew not down to him. We played some terrible football but had some real quality players.

Never forget.

I hate saying, and i feel dirty even doing so. Under Pardew we also had some good football too, rarely but at least we had a few. Under Bruce.....one maybe.

Yeah we did. Sometimes.

But I still maintain that was despite Pardew being manager, not because of him. We had some really good players. Ba was phenomenal for us back then.

Bruce is absolute hoop but Pardew shades it for me because all he had was an ego and a mouth and I hated the lies that came out of his smug Cthulhu-lipped face.

Never forget.

Yeah we did. Sometimes.

But I still maintain that was despite Pardew being manager, not because of him. We had some really good players. Ba was phenomenal for us back then.

Bruce is absolute hoop but Pardew shades it for me because all he had was an ego and a mouth and I hated the lies that came out of his smug Cthulhu-lipped face.

Aye, Bruce is as shite, just not a detestable as a human being. I hated Pardew's soul.

Souness or McClaren, Souness gutted a pretty good team and started the decline which led to relegation. McClaren didn't do that kind of long term damage but he was utterly shocking with a team that should have been nowhere near relegation.

Aye. I reckon those two came with the highest [very limited] expectations, and as such were the worst. Kind of fell sorry for the pathetic specimen that was McClarren whereas Souness was an arrogant cunt.

Fuck man it's like choosing between Trump and Biden.

Aye. I reckon those two came with the highest [very limited] expectations, and as such were the worst. Kind of fell sorry for the pathetic specimen that was McClarren whereas Souness was an arrogant cunt.

Fuck man it's like choosing between Trump and Biden.

So very easy decision then?

Never forget.

Not sure I agree. There were some good goals, but that’s not the same as playing good football. Thought we were fairly conservative. The Swason before under when Pardew took over but didn’t try and change too much, we played the more attacking football.