Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

The latest news is that the player has given a lengthy interview to L'Equipe newspaper in France.

Here it is (via Google Translate):

Hatem BEN ARFA is willing to end his career if Marseille do not let him join Newcastle.

Hatem Ben Arfa Valenciennes was not last night. The striker has more head to Olympique Marseille, but at Newcastle, where he visited Friday to try to advance his departure. Upon his return, Ben Arfa has granted a long interview to "The Team" to say what was in his heart. OM asked him to honor his contract. The player required to respect the word. Jean-Claude Dassier, President Olympian, is clearly described. For the former Lyon, everything is clear: it is out of question to wear the shirt again under the command of Marseille Didier Deschamps.

"ARE YOU still determined to leave Marseille?

- I never go over to the Commandery. It's over. I'm not ready to play this season. I have my pride, my dignity. I am not a stopgap. I am not a box of washing powder. I'm not s***. It is because my leaders do not care of my mouth today I am announcing that I am ready to put my career on hold if they do not accept the proposal of Newcastle, as originally planned. OM wanted a loan. That OM does not return it! Otherwise, you will go far.

- And the team of France?

- Everybody talks to me. The trip to Norway (1-2, Wednesday) was a breath of oxygen. I found many people that appreciate a nice atmosphere. I was happy. But to be at peace with myself, I'll go through my process. Whatever the consequences. I'm ready for the worst. I organize myself to work physically. There are wounds that last for eight months. At the end of the season, I'm twenty-four years.

- How did you arrive at this end?

- Everything was poorly managed. In a situation like that of the OM, it is important to have a strong president. Pape Diouf (the president who brought it in 2008) would have said "yes" or "no" from the outset. He, at least he knew how to manage his men and those moments. Real men, it is in these moments that we see them, not when everything goes well, after a title.

- What happened on Thursday afternoon, you return to Norway, in the office of Jean-Claude Dassier, the president of OM?

- I tried to meet its responsibilities. It assumes. I think it's hard to take. The tone is mounted. I felt someone close. He asked me to speak with the coach. I told him it was over. We can do things with objects, but not with human beings. I went to the locker room to take my bag. I met the coach. He said: "Hatem, we discuss?" I told him: "Listen, we have talked enough. I do not want to discuss now. "I made him understand that it was over.

- Why?

- The coach can tell me what he wants, it's over. I side three weeks ago, and I am useful now? I am not a puppet. For him to explain this huge gap. I no longer want to work with this coach. It is a trust issue. I do not feel any sincerity in him. The current does not pass. When he speaks to me, I always feel he has an idea behind the head.

- When did you really decided to leave the OM?

- Basically, I do not want to leave. After the first course in Britain (July 9), the coach wanted to talk to me. The discussion took place in his office. He made it clear he did not want me to keep. To my left, he told me that the sooner the better. From that moment in my head, everything was crystal clear: I was leaving. He even advised the UK as a destination. Guy Stephan, his assistant was there. He said that compared to the placement ...

- During this course, you are allowed a night out with some teammates ...

- The coach told me I was not too concerned. An internship, each manages its own way. I gave what was needed.

- Admit that you have returned to training a bit clumsy ...

- Plotkin, awkward ... I was not great anyway! I took two or three kilos, which I lost. During the holidays, unpacks it, you eat a little of what we love. And then the preparation is also catching up.

- What happened then?

- Leaders of the OM, commissioned agents to get me a club. They brought Newcastle. The project is interesting Newcastle. I said that was my priority, given the interest of the coach (Chris Hughton). The leaders wanted to separate from me so they were willing to lend me. Clearly, it meant: "Get out! "

- The OM ensures that the proposal is ridiculous Newcastle ...

- There have been discussions with the OM, but today, Newcastle is committed to respond positively to what OM asked originally. A loan with an option to purchase. Everything should be finalized Tuesday in Newcastle. Jean-Claude Dassier announced after the match against Caen on television. I said goodbye to all the players and staff after the match. I do not come back. My locker was already empty.

- During the month of July, you reiterated that you were "Marseille at the moment." Why do not announce your intention to leave?

- I know very well that such statement may mangling. I do not want to f*** the s*** be pro to the end. I thought that my departure could happen quietly.

- It missed, and your reputation problem gambler does not work out ...

- I am shielded. Over time, people will see that I was right. I want to be honest with myself. In the locker room, my teammates understood. They tell me to keep my head high. They know the injustice that I suffered. All encourage me.

- But opinion had enough of the vagaries of highly paid players ...

- No player has ever put a gun to the head of his chair to reach as much money. Them, they earn a lot from us. This is not because we are paid we are slaves. Basically, it would be: "We pay you, so shut your mouth"?

- Your image will be associated with that of the mutineers from Knysna ...

- It has nothing to do. Exactly, so I decided to do this because I respect myself. I want everyone is faced with its responsibilities. My managers do not respect themselves. How can I meet them?

- After Gerard Houllier, Paul Le Guen, Alain Perrin and Eric Gerets, you can not charge you with Deschamps. Boring, right?

- Why is this my fault? I have flaws. I for progress in many areas. I am aware. For now, I have constantly changed coach. This lack of stability, I have suffered, not wanted. However, it is true that I feel does not advance. I know I must be more regular. I need confidence for the future.

- You will have at Newcastle?

- If I had a little doubt, I zapped Newcastle input. I know what the coach thinks of me. He understood who I was, which player I was. That is also why I want to join Newcastle.

- In OM, you will not regret one?

- I love Jose Anigo (sporting director). He has values. In good or bad times, he never changed. Is important.

- And Vincent Labrune, Chairman of the Supervisory Board, which will especially appreciate?

- Do not tell me about him.

- Why?

- Now, I know very well the depth of his thought. I'd rather not talk about him. Later perhaps. "

ZOMG:

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/7233/scaledphptn0server638fi.jpg

Encapsulation

13/07/2010

Graciously provided by hindu times, brilliant and local young singer, in association in Newcastle-Online;

Fine, here's a full update:

Ben Arfa has skipped training for the second day running and has also been ommited from Marseille's squad for their game tomorrow (http://www.om.net/fr/Saison/101005/Actualites/48079/VAFC_OM_Le_groupe_Olympien)

His agent (or one of his advisers) has said that: "Hatem will go to Newcastle . The relationship between him and Deschamps reached a point of no return and we just want leaders Marseille do backtrack and let him go . Hatem has always been honest with OM while OM mocks Hatem by suddenly declaring transferable . In early July , Deschamps We had been asked to find a club, what we did." (Source: http://www.rmc.fr/editorial/121956/le-clash-entre-ben-arfa-et-lom-se-poursuit/)

Lots of speculation circulating in France that he may go as far as buying out his contract.

---

http://ww

Part 2 of the Hatem Ben Arfa odyssey can be found here: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,91227.0.html

Guest sicko2ndbest

We're f***ed then, because we won't be able to afford him.

He said he wants the premiership in a recent interview

Who knows?

At least it shows the type of player Hughton is looking at which should be cause for optimism

We're f***ed then, because we won't be able to afford him.

He said he wants the premiership in a recent interview

Who knows?

At least it shows the type of player Hughton is looking at which should be cause for optimism

If it's true... ;)

But yeah, as mentioned I don't watch French football but from what I've seen of him he appears to be a quick, skilful attacking player with flair and pedigree. Promising.

Who would he replace in the team though. I invisage that he would want to move for first-team football, but I honestly can't see Hughton replacing Jonas. :undecided:

Free role between the midfield and carrol?

Who would he replace in the team though. I invisage that he would want to move for first-team football, but I honestly can't see Hughton replacing Jonas. :undecided:

Will play as the second striker, just off Carroll.

I still have literally no hope this will happen. Been here before, Aimar, Mordic, Deco......

i will continue to tell myself this wont happen until i see him in a black and white top.

That's really not working is it. :lol: