West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did well today I thought, looked very energetic and commited. Puts himself about more than Viduka does, anyway.

Do people think he should start against Liverpool (assuming Oba and Viduka - and maybe even Owen) aren't fit?

Today was the only time he has ever looked remotely good enough. TBF looks like hes been given the same type of coaching Shola has and looks stronger and more aggressive with closing down. Could be a good player in there as he has obvious strengths

Guest neesy111

caused more problems for wigan's defence than our whole team put together

won 1 penalty and should of had another

well done andy

Guest firetotheworks

Christ, he was on for 10 minutes. If anyone it should be Ranger getting a chance, yet noone seems to be mentioning him. :shifty:

As I've said before I'm wondering what Xisco is doing (or more to the point, not doing) in training. There must be a reason that Carroll is preferred.

Maybe he's still being nursed back to fitness from the injury.

Not likely, but it's the best explanation other than "JFK just hates him"

As I've said before I'm wondering what Xisco is doing (or more to the point, not doing) in training. There must be a reason that Carroll is preferred.

That's crossed my mind, but he has been back for a couple of weeks at least now hasn't he? I've not heard of him even featuring for the reserves in that time.

And I don't see where this "never did look good enough" crap is coming from either.

He looked our best player when Keegan gave him half an hour in the 5-1 loss to Man United. Won a corner, set up the goal from it, caused Rio a few problems.

Against Juventus in that friendly he was very good too, not to mention the friendly away at Hull when he also looked very good in the air.

He deserves a start against Liverpool in my opinion, unless Oba is fit of course.

And firetotheworks he was on the field for 25 minutes if you include stoppages.

That's crossed my mind, but he has been back for a couple of weeks at least now hasn't he? I've not heard of him even featuring for the reserves in that time.

Your guess is as good as mine. Really should be getting matches for the reserves if nothing else.

And I don't see where this "never did look good enough" crap is coming from either.

He looked our best player when Keegan gave him half an hour in the 5-1 loss to Man United. Won a corner, set up the goal from it, caused Rio a few problems.

Against Juventus in that friendly he was very good too, not to mention the friendly away at Hull when he also looked very good in the air.

He deserves a start against Liverpool in my opinion, unless Oba is fit of course.

I can't say I've ever seen anything from him to say that he is good enough to be a centre forward at the top level for Newcastle United.

I can't say I've ever seen anything from him to say that he is good enough to be a centre forward at the top level for Newcastle United.

Well you must have missed those three examples I've just given you then. :lol:

He's been good for the reserves too. I don't think reserve and friendly appearances is indicative of too much in terms of being a first team quality player, but yes if he was decent enough today when he played then fair play to him, hopefully he'll keep that up and build on it. I still wouldn't give him a first team spot unless we're forced to.

He didn't do himself many favours when he cameoed against City earlier in the season. Was only on for the last few minutes as well.

He's been good for the reserves too. I don't think reserve and friendly appearances is indicative of too much in terms of being a first team quality player, but yes if he was decent enough today when he played then fair play to him, hopefully he'll keep that up and build on it. I still wouldn't give him a first team spot unless we're forced to.

We may well be forced to. Questions over the fitness of Owen, Ameobi, Viduka and Martins for the Liverpool game, leaving him and Xisco. Although I'd assume we'd have one of those four available at very very worst.