Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Anyone know what Taylor was booked for yesterday? (apart from not having a red shirt on obviously)? Thought you were allowed to walk/stand where you want when the ball is not in play? As long as you don't leave the pitch of course.

Compare and contrast Balotelli obstructing Kruls kick and being cheerfully waved to play on.

Also Noticed MOTD didn't even mention that one, going out of the way to highlight 2 of our fouls (but not Lovrens nasty kick at Cabellas Achilles) instead. Lovely double standards but got to feed the scousers sense of injustice after all.

City players do seem to get away with murder on a weekly basis. f*** is Joe Hart doing being up in the ref's face like that.

Did he actually make contact with the ref? I haven't seen the replay, just pics

This week has been fucking ludicrous.

Attwell in the City cup game - two clear pens

Marriner in the Liverpool match - fucking garbage

Oliver in the Manchester derby today - FOUR legit penalty shouts denied

Swarbrick in the Tottenham/Villa game - horrendously biased towards Spurs

No wonder the players pay no heed to the "Respect" thing, such laughably badly performing referees don't deserve any.

Anyone know what Taylor was booked for yesterday? (apart from not having a red shirt on obviously)? Thought you were allowed to walk/stand where you want when the ball is not in play? As long as you don't leave the pitch of course.

Compare and contrast Balotelli obstructing Kruls kick and being cheerfully waved to play on.

Also Noticed MOTD didn't even mention that one, going out of the way to highlight 2 of our fouls (but not Lovrens nasty kick at Cabellas Achilles) instead. Lovely double standards but got to feed the scousers sense of injustice after all.

Cautionable offences

A player is cautioned and shown the yellow card if he commits any of the

following seven offences:

unsporting behaviour

• dissent by word or action

• persistent infringement of the Laws of the Game

• delaying the restart of play

• failure to respect the required distance when play is restarted with a corner

kick, free kick or throw-in

• entering or re-entering the fi eld of play without the referee’s permission

• deliberately leaving the fi eld of play without the referee’s permission

Serious question, would anyone favor the introduction of perfect cyborg referees if AI ever becomes sufficiently advanced?

If the cyborg delivers an uppercut when a player uses swear words or raises his decibels beyond a limit in front of it, yes. Reckon the FA would program them to recognise club crests (logos if you are Mike) anyway.

Ref in the Swansea - Everton game missed a stone cold penalty when Alcaraz saves the ball with his hand.

Its time for them to add two extra officials next to the goals to monitor the penalty area. I think they do so in the Champions League which is working quite well IMO. Honestly, they should use the FIFA game technology to sort out offsides too.

Benteke deserved to get sent off in our game.

I don't agree with "touch their face and you're off" but that is the way it is interpreted, so I understand it.

The major problem i have is that, prior to that, Mason blatantly stuck his head in Benteke's face, another action which would similarly get a player sent off, but he didn't even get a yellow card.

They should - by the common interpretation of the rules - both have been sent off.

Ref in the Swansea - Everton game missed a stone cold penalty when Alcaraz saves the ball with his hand.

Its time for them to add two extra officials next to the goals to monitor the penalty area. I think they do so in the Champions League which is working quite well IMO. Honestly, they should use the FIFA game technology to sort out offsides too.

Is that a joke?

http://i.imgur.com/Q93TOT0.gif

RF tracking chips in the ball and players boots :thup:

Or in the boot and players balls if you're sadistically minded.

Juts paint a massive line across the pitch like they have in ice hockey.

Benteke deserved to get sent off in our game.

I don't agree with "touch their face and you're off" but that is the way it is interpreted, so I understand it.

The major problem i have is that, prior to that, Mason blatantly stuck his head in Benteke's face, another action which would similarly get a player sent off, but he didn't even get a yellow card.

They should - by the common interpretation of the rules - both have been sent off.

That's how I saw it, either the both go or neither do, anyway.

Newcastle have had a pretty weird set of appointments this season

Man City (h) - Atkinson

Villa (a) - Dean

Palace (h) - Jones

Southampton (a) - Foy

Hull (h) - Swarbrick

Palace (a) - Madley (League Cup)

Stoke (a) - Pawson

Swansea (a) - Mason

Leicester (h) - Atkinson

Tottenham (a) - Taylor

Man City (a) - Attwell (League Cup)

Liverpool (h) - Marriner

West Brom (a) - Pawson

Already had Atkinson & Pawson twice after this weekend but yet to see Dowd, East, Friend or the currently injured Probert.

Newcastle are quite limited as there are 3 referee's who cant take charge of our games, Clattenberg & Oliver (both Tyne & Wear) and Jonathan Moss (Sunderland born now lives in Leeds)

We have a hell of a run of games against Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham (League Cup), Sunderland, Man Utd & Everton coming up and considering there's no Webb and we have had Atkinson twice already it will be interesting to see who we get.

Dowd, Dean, Taylor, Foy & possibly Marriner & Atkinson again will be a probable bet

Newcastle have had a pretty weird set of appointments this season

Man City (h) - Atkinson

Villa (a) - Dean

Palace (h) - Jones

Southampton (a) - Foy

Hull (h) - Swarbrick

Palace (a) - Madley (League Cup)

Stoke (a) - Pawson

Swansea (a) - Mason

Leicester (h) - Atkinson

Tottenham (a) - Taylor

Man City (a) - Attwell (League Cup)

Liverpool (h) - Marriner

West Brom (a) - Pawson

Already had Atkinson & Pawson twice after this weekend but yet to see Dowd, East, Friend or the currently injured Probert.

Newcastle are quite limited as there are 3 referee's who cant take charge of our games, Clattenberg & Oliver (both Tyne & Wear) and Jonathan Moss (Sunderland born now lives in Leeds)

We have a hell of a run of games against Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham (League Cup), Sunderland, Man Utd & Everton coming up and considering there's no Webb and we have had Atkinson twice already it will be interesting to see who we get.

Dowd, Dean, Taylor, Foy & possibly Marriner & Atkinson again will be a probable bet

:milner:

Guest Geordiesned

Terrible decision there by ref in QPR v Man City match. Not for disallowing goal but for allowing Joe Hart to take his kick again. It had to be an indirect free kick to QPR for Joe Hart kicking the ball twice.

Terrible decision there by ref in QPR v Man City match. Not for disallowing goal but for allowing Joe Hart to take his kick again. It had to be an indirect free kick to QPR for Joe Hart kicking the ball twice.

I dont get it, Hart took the free kick, fucked it up, why would that be disallowed, surely  the ref has to let QPR have the advantage before blowing?