Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Swansea could well get relegated for this.

clean through on goal, 1 vs. 1 with Szcezney, and the ref blew the full time whistle. Absolutely baffling.

Not sure TBH, it was well after 94 minutes. Is there anything that says the final whistle can't stop a chance on goal?

Swansea could well get relegated for this.

clean through on goal, 1 vs. 1 with Szcezney, and the ref blew the full time whistle. Absolutely baffling.

Not sure TBH, it was well after 94 minutes. Is there anything that says the final whistle can't stop a chance on goal?

Jesus Ian, always wanting the debate, how can you think it's fair to blow the whistle there? He waited until he was clean on goal to blow ffs.

Come at me bro.

Think it's a valid point, would it have been better if he'd blown it 10 seconds earlier, or if the break had started from deeper? Doesn't make sense as an objection, except for the fact that it doesn't happen very often.

Come at me bro.

Think it's a valid point, would it have been better if he'd blown it 10 seconds earlier, or if the break had started from deeper? Doesn't make sense as an objection, except for the fact that it doesn't happen very often.

Yeah, if it's about time why let Arsenal attack? If he wants to be consistent blow when time is over then, don't wait until De Guzman receives the pass to blow. Could've easily blown 4-5 seconds earlier without problem.

Come at me bro.

Yeah, if it's about time why let Arsenal attack? If he wants to be consistent blow when time is over then, don't wait until De Guzman receives the pass to blow. Could've easily blown 4-5 seconds earlier without problem.

I didn't know he let Arsenal attack, I only saw the highlight of the counter. Who knows, maybe he decided to add another 30 seconds for some reason, but not 50. I don't believe it was a deliberate attempt to stop Swansea winning.

Come at me bro.

I didn't know he let Arsenal attack, I only saw the highlight of the counter. Who knows, maybe he decided to add another 30 seconds for some reason, but not 50. I don't believe it was a deliberate attempt to stop Swansea winning.

Haven't seen it at all, but it wouldn't be that shocking, would it?

Btw we are nailed on to get Mike Dean for the Man Utd game in a few weeks, he's the only ref we haven't had in 2014 so far

Cardiff (H) FAC - Taylor

Man City (h) - Jones

West Ham (a) - Marriner

Norwich (a) - Foy

Sunderland (h) - Dowd

Chelsea (a) - Webb

Spurs (h) - Swarbrick

Villa (h) - Atkinson

Hull (a) - Friend

Fulham (a) - Webb

Palace (h) - Probert

Everton (h)- Mason (replaced Jones)

Southampton (a) - Marriner

Man Utd (h)

Stoke (a)

Swansea (h)

Arsenal (a)

Cardiff (h)

Liverpool (a)

Guest Roger Kint

Come at me bro.

Monk was saying there was 30 seconds left of the minimum when i saw it on SSN this morning.

Come at me bro.

Monk was saying there was 30 seconds left of the minimum when i saw it on SSN this morning.

In fairness, Monk was applying the sort of 'white van man' logic that always pisses me off with 'there should be a full minute added onto extra time because we scored during it' which as far as I know is horseshit. Whichever way you look at it though it is dodgy as owt, wouldn't have happened the other way round and Swansea have been denied the chance of a crucial win by a referee who has in the past displayed shall we say a pro-Sunderland outlook on matters.

Did anyone else think Osman was lucky to stay on after a bit of a two-footed lunge last night? Don't get the best view of that part of the pitch from my seat but looked a lot like what the same referee correctly sent Debuchy off for at West Brom.

The argument for the referee blowing like that is, that when time is up....... is it fair on the defending team to have to keep defending after the game should have been over.

Personally, I would rather see the game time be kept on a stadium score clock (heresy I know), with the referee stopping the clock for goals/injuries etc.  That way everyone knows that there are only 50 seconds or 10 seconds left etc

The argument for the referee blowing like that is, that when time is up....... is it fair on the defending team to have to keep defending after the game should have been over.

Personally, I would rather see the game time be kept on a stadium score clock (heresy I know), with the referee stopping the clock for goals/injuries etc.  That way everyone knows that there are only 50 seconds or 10 seconds left etc

Euw, that's soccer in college, not football in the rest of the world. We need controversies.

Btw we are nailed on to get Mike Dean for the Man Utd game in a few weeks, he's the only ref we haven't had in 2014 so far

Cardiff (H) FAC - Taylor

Man City (h) - Jones

West Ham (a) - Marriner

Norwich (a) - Foy

Sunderland (h) - Dowd

Chelsea (a) - Webb

Spurs (h) - Swarbrick

Villa (h) - Atkinson

Hull (a) - Friend

Fulham (a) - Webb

Palace (h) - Probert

Everton (h)- Mason (replaced Jones)

Southampton (a) - Marriner

Man Utd (h)

Stoke (a)

Swansea (h)

Arsenal (a)

Cardiff (h)

Liverpool (a)

Saturday 5th April

Newcastle United v Manchester United

Referee: Kevin Friend (Leicestershire)

Assistant Referees: John Flynn & Richard West

4th Official: Carl Boyeson

Ah well I was wrong  :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

Not Premier League, but Scottish Premiership. Can't believe what I've just seen:

Firstly, giving a foul is a joke anyway, but then to say the offence happened outside the area? Jesus :lol:

Assistant was on that side as well, could only have been 15 yards away.

Guest neesy111

Not Premier League, but Scottish Premiership. Can't believe what I've just seen:

Firstly, giving a foul is a joke anyway, but then to say the offence happened outside the area? Jesus :lol:

Assistant was on that side as well, could only have been 15 yards away.

Thats awful.