Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

So that's man city having a goal against chalked off, Liverpool getting a very soft penalty and manure having an offside goal allowed? Arsenal to get something next? Nothing dodgy with Everton or spurs games though at least.

Just hurts more given our great performance. Truly terrible last couple of sets of results for us in the premier league.

Guest bimpy474

There were at least two occasions when the ball went out via a Man City player and the decisions given were Man City throw ins. The crowd went mental on those occasions.

They were so bad it was untrue. And the reason Sissoko got booked in frustration by kicking the ball away.

We're complaining about the disallowed goal(quite rightly) saying the ref cheated, yet Sissoko should have gone with a second yellow for handball, and Cabaye was lucky not to. That's why i dont think it's cheating and corruption or they would have gone off, a sending off would have made sure. Its just plain bad refs that we have in this country, our refs in general are some of the worst i've seen. Just appalling at their jobs.

There's no way he disallows that goal if it goes the other way. "big team bias" or corruption, doesn't matter what it is, we've been robbed by a sack less piece of shit.

Exactly.

The Linesman did not flag him offside and the ref disallowed it purely because Hart moaned his tits off about it.

So that's going to be the headline? I hate journalists. If the ref hadn't made the big mistake we wouldn't have been chasing the game and none of the bookings and tackles would have happened. FFFFS. Is it going to be this on MotD2 tonight too? Goddamnit. Ramifications.

So that's going to be the headline? I hate journalists. If the ref hadn't made the big mistake we wouldn't have been chasing the game and none of the bookings and tackles would have happened. FFFFS. Is it going to be this on MotD2 tonight too? Goddamnit. Ramifications.

Motd2 are normally better at pulling up incidents properly i think. Most pundits talking on it today have all been in agreement that we were done.

Since when do refs tell linesman to raise their flags?

:lol: I don't know. It happened, though, didn't it? My brain doesn't believe my eyes.

Also Toure and Zabaleta were on yellows when they committed second yellow offences.  Yet that seems to have been forgotten.

I think he'd lost the plot by then tbh. There could have been reds all over the place in the second half. I was just wincing at ours. We'd have to be playing the juniors at the weekend. Total horrorshow.

We're complaining about the disallowed goal(quite rightly) saying the ref cheated, yet Sissoko should have gone wiuth a second yellow for handball, and Cabaye was lucky not to. That's why i dont think it's cheating and corruption or they would have gone off, a sending off would have made sure. Its just plain bad ref's that we have in this country, our ref in general are some of the worst i've seen. Just appalling at their jobs.

Fair point.

I think had our equaliser stood then we'd have finished the game with 9 men but we'll never know tbh.

had our equaliser stood then the players wouldn't have been as p*ssed off as they were and might have been more careful in how they tackled opposition. But as you say we'll never know

There's some merit in this, Sissoko's first yellow was for kicking the ball away after not being given a throw in, when it was clearly put out by Man City player and the linesman was right next to them. I was shouting my head off at that. When you get a decision like that it's hard to keep your cool.

Sissoko and Cabaye wouldn't have got the yellows in the first half if the goal was allowed. Just finished watching the game, absolutely fuming.

Since when do refs tell linesman to raise their flags?

:lol: I don't know. It happened, though, didn't it? My brain doesn't believe my eyes.

Also Toure and Zabaleta were on yellows when they committed second yellow offences.  Yet that seems to have been forgotten.

I think he'd lost the plot by then tbh. There could have been reds all over the place in the second half. I was just wincing at ours. We'd have to be playing the juniors at the weekend. Total horrorshow.

I shook my head so much today i think ive strained my neck.

According to the commentators over here David Elleray was there and said it should have stood. Will be interesting to see what happens next.

Imagine he would have been the referee match assessor, nowt to do with him on which referee's get selected for games

Mrs Tisd still can't believe 5 of so hours later that I'm still sighing and s*** over that decision. "It can't be that bad"??? As if she did. I had to go and stand in the f***ing rain for 5 mins...

:lol: :thup:

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

It's weird that the linesman didn't call for offside but the ref did. How sure was he  that the ball didn't deflect off Gouffran? As for the ref he can argue that the " interfering with play" rule isn't clear enough but I remember the OG at Old Trafford which was given in our favour .  OffsideCisse  puts a defender under pressure and the ball comes off his shin. Goal given. The term "interfering with play" needs to be clarified to explore all possibilities

Guest bimpy474

It's weird that the linesman didn't call for offside but the ref did. How sure was he  that the ball didn't deflect off Gouffran? As for the ref he can argue that the " interfering with play" rule isn't clear enough but I remember the OG at Old Trafford which was given in our favour .  OffsideCisse  puts a defender under pressure and the ball comes off his shin. Goal given. The term "interfering with play" needs to be clarified to explore all possibilities

They have clarified it, it's the GK line of sight. 'Preventing the opponent from playing the ball by obstructing the player's sight or intentionally distracting the opponent' - this counts for all players by the way, not just GK's

It's just a very poor decision.

Lead to believe that referee schedules come out weeks in advance. Is this a case of Jones not having a scheduled week rather than being officially dropped? Iirc when they do drop refs, the offender usually has to officiate a lower league match.

Scant consolation anyway. He'll still come up with those terrible calls in future.

Guest Roger Kint

How many consecutive weeks has he reffed prior?

Did the mackems last week and had nowt the weekend of 28th Dec. Did the previous four game weeks to that

So that's man city having a goal against chalked off, Liverpool getting a very soft penalty and manure having an offside goal allowed? Arsenal to get something next? Nothing dodgy with Everton or spurs games though at least.

Just hurts more given our great performance. Truly terrible last couple of sets of results for us in the premier league.

As if us or Everton are at the party. We're the team who had no penalties last year.