Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

From Matt Spiro-

"Heard on UK radio this morning Halsey is 'distraught' & much concern over affect on McManaman's career. Haidara not even pronounced properly"

Wow

you fucking what?

He's a French journo. I'm guessing he's saying that the English media are focusing too much on the wrong things and that Haidara (who's name they can't pronounce) is an after thought in all of it. There have been a few cunts who focused on how distraught McManaman was when he was subbed. Conveniently forgetting he and McCarthy gestured to Halsey that Haidara was faking at the time it happened.

He's 51?! :lol:

Are there any other referees of that age?

I thought you couldn't referee past 45 in the past?  Must had changed the rules.

I thought they only changed the International one to about 47 or something?

45 is the retirement age for FIFA referee's but they can still referee domestic football. IIRC MIke Dean will drop off the FIFA list this year as he is approaching 45

Guest pintofscottsellers

Glad that Poll has slated Halseys performance whereas that twat Wiley has stuck up for him. The handball was just an absolute joke, how have they not seen it man ffs, every Newcastle player in the box appeals straight away, I know you obviously can't give a desicion on an appeal, but when it's that blatent, howay man, the F.A need to have some bollocks and take action over this farce.

4th offical has a tv monitor and reviews the play after goals etc. Simple as fuck to implement and would have little to no effect on the flow of the game. Not that this very simple idea will be used as FA/UEFA/FIFA are fucking dinosaurs who have taken years to use goal line technology.

4th offical has a tv monitor and reviews the play after goals etc. Simple as f*** to implement and would have little to no effect on the flow of the game. Not that this very simple idea will be used as FA/UEFA/FIFA are f***ing dinosaurs who have taken years to use goal line technology.

Remember when managers had a TV in the dugout? Ended up being better informed than the refs, so instead of giving the ref access to a TV, they banned them for the managers. :yao:

Guest bimpy474

Halsey is usually a decent ref imo. Just got things horribly wrong yesterday..

No, he's always been awful.

Guest Slippery Sam

Glad that Poll has slated Halseys performance whereas that t*** Wiley has stuck up for him. The handball was just an absolute joke, how have they not seen it man ffs, every Newcastle player in the box appeals straight away, I know you obviously can't give a desicion on an appeal, but when it's that blatent, howay man, the F.A need to have some bollocks and take action over this farce.

Saw Wiley on SSN.  As he came to the end of his defense of Halsey, his voice tapered off and seemed to be talking to himself as if the presenters etc were not interested at all in what he was saying. I would like to see it again, but it seemed that way.

Go to the video website ( Not allowed to use the name ? Not sure ) Search Justin Whittle elbows shearer. You will see at about 30 seconds the Grimsby player take Shearer out in plain view of Halsey. Shearer gets nothing and asks Halsey why with a mouth full of blood. I still havn`t forgiven the cunt for that.

Guest bimpy474

Go to the video website ( Not allowed to use the name ? Not sure ) Search Justin Whittle elbows shearer. You will see at about 30 seconds the Grimsby player take Shearer out in plain view of Halsey. Shearer gets nothing and asks Halsey why with a mouth full of blood. I still havn`t forgiven the cunt for that.

Yep, tbf to him, he's just one in a number of our ref's who are awful, so he's not alone in being crap.

Guest bimpy474

Glad that Poll has slated Halseys performance whereas that t*** Wiley has stuck up for him. The handball was just an absolute joke, how have they not seen it man ffs, every Newcastle player in the box appeals straight away, I know you obviously can't give a desicion on an appeal, but when it's that blatent, howay man, the F.A need to have some bollocks and take action over this farce.

Saw Wiley on SSN.  As he came to the end of his defense of Halsey, his voice tapered off and seemed to be talking to himself as if the presenters etc were not interested at all in what he was saying. I would like to see it again, but it seemed that way.

Wiley reckons Halsey view was blocked, fwiw.

Holy shit I didn't realise how close he was to that incident. He is looking directly at it from no more than 10 yards away then tells Shearer to go away while his mouth pours with blood. That has convinced me he has some sort of anti-newcastle thing going on. That or he is blind as fuck.

Oh and Alan Wiley was a bumbling idiot on SSN earlier. Trying to make excuses and even went as far as saying Haidara blocked the view of the linesman which is why he didn't give anything. Total utter bollocks and I won't be surprised if we end up getting fuck all out of this, would be typical.

As pissed off as I am about it, I wouldn't go as far as wanting his career ended just on the basis of this one decision. If he's basing it on more than one game and he genuinely thinks he's not up to the task fitness wise, that's another matter entirely. But at least it's a different opinion, rather than the bullshit spouted by Alan Wiley.

Guest firetotheworks

As p*ssed off as I am about it, I wouldn't go as far as wanting his career ended just on the basis of this one decision. If he's basing it on more than one game and he genuinely thinks he's not up to the task fitness wise, that's another matter entirely. But at least it's a different opinion, rather than the bullshit spouted by Alan Wiley.

Tbf, it was 2 massive decisions and he should have seen/did see both of them. Along with the other 3 officials and everyone else with eyes.

All Premiership referee's are shit, and most of them I suspect of being corrupt. I think the best referee in the Premiership is actually Clattenburg, which says it all really.

The new lad who we had the other week was ok, he will soon turn into a corrupt dick though.

It's shocking though, we have a system where if referee's do or don't give a card or the correct card it can't be rectified later on as the referee has seen and acted on the incident. If a referee takes no action then if it is in his match report the FA again can't rectify it because by not acting on an incident the referee has acted. If he doesn't take any action and doesn't mention it in his match report then again it can't be rectified because the referee has as a result decided that the incident was so small in terms of the game that it wasn't worth mentioning.

We need to go back to a system where cards can be upgraded or downgraded after a match, we need to have a points system for referee's where every decision is looked at and points added or points taken away if a decision is right or wrong.

He's proved that the players aren't safe on the pitch with him refereeing the match. He should walk.

Pretty much. I'm sorry but this whole player blocking his view is bollocks, two players colliding can't be hidden behind one player, he would have seen the build from both players and the aftermath of the challenge even if he didn't see the incident itself. Also the linesman on that side of the pitch has no reason not to see it and the 4th official potentially has no reason not to see it or have access to see it.

Graham Poll has urged referee Mark Halsey to seriously consider hanging up his whistle after his performance in Wigan’s win over Newcastle.

Halsey has come in for criticism for his failure to punish Wigan’s Callum McManaman for a horror challenge on Massadio Haidara during Sunday’s game at the DW Stadium.

The 51-year-old, who returned to officiating in March 2010 after a successful battle with cancer, did not even award the Magpies a free-kick for the knee-high tackle, which put Haidara in hospital.

And former Premier League official Poll, speaking on the Sports Breakfast, said: “The modern footballer is fitter than ever and you have to question whether a 50-year-old can keep up with play sufficiently and have the mental sharpness to make decisions under that intense scrutiny.

“I watch games and I see some referees who try their very hardest to run around as best as they possibly can and I get very disappointed when I see someone who doesn’t do that. That’s my opinion and I refereed a lot of Premier League games and I worked very hard

“Mark used to be one of the fittest referees in the Premier League. He was incredible. I did fitness tests with him again and again. He used to run around like a mad thing. He was a very, very good referee.

“People asked me why I stopped when I was 42. I’d rather stop refereeing and people say you should have done another couple of years than go on too long. That’s why I’m fearing for Mark.

“He’s been through a tough time in his life and no one wishes that on anyone. I just hope Mark looks at it and thinks, 'is it time? Is this a signal to go? Let’s bow out with some grace and dignity and go. It’s time for me to call it a day.'”

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130318/exclusive-mark-halsey-urged-quit-premier-league-referee-after-missing-ho-1938?#ixzz2NxKQMSri

My lasting memory of Halsey is comforting Carver during the tribute to Speed. Always seemed like a decent guy to me, but far too often makes an absolute mess of games and Sunday was the ultimate. Time to call it quits.

Not sure if posted

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4848443/Mark-Halsey-ponders-ref-future-after-horror-tackle-death-threat.html

Death threat stuns Halsey

Ref ponders future after Twitter abuse & Poll rant

Exclusive

By NEIL CUSTIS

Last Updated: 19th March 2013

MARK HALSEY is considering his refereeing future after being the subject of a death threat.

He was in charge of Wigan’s clash with Newcastle on Sunday and missed Callum McManaman’s horror challenge on Massadio Haidara after his view was blocked.

That led to him being attacked on Twitter and one threat left him shaken and unable to sleep on Sunday night.

Halsey was then ‘disgusted’ after former ref Graham Poll laid into him on radio yesterday morning.

A pal of Halsey said: “Mark was made aware of one particularly vile message asking for his address and claiming he deserved a death threat.

“Mark loves refereeing and is consistently one of the best in the game but after something like this he is left wondering whether it is all worth it.

“He didn’t even sleep on Sunday. Everyone can see that his view of the incident was blocked.

“Now he has had to hear about Graham Poll laying into him.”

Halsey, 51, is one of the most respected officials in the game and has battled back from cancer to return to refereeing.

Poll said: “I see some referees who try their very hardest to run around and I get very disappointed when I see someone who doesn’t do that.

“Mark used to be one of the fittest referees in the Premier League.

“He’s been through a tough time in his life. I just hope Mark looks at it and thinks ‘is it time? Is this a signal to go?’”

Referees are unable to publicly defend themselves but the pal said: “Mark has been left disgusted by the comments from Poll.

“This from a man who issued three yellow cards to the same player in the World Cup.”

It is not the first time Halsey has received a death threat.

Last season Newcastle’s Steven Taylor revealed how Halsey had told him about other such threats

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4848443/Mark-Halsey-ponders-ref-future-after-horror-tackle-death-threat.html#ixzz2NyWCeaR0