Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Premier League refs' performances are going to be judged by some panel from next season.

Good news I say.

http://static.tellymix.co.uk/files/2012/02/Britains-Got-Talent-2012.jpg

• 4 months later...

:lol: I didn't even know he was a cop, but I knew he was a fucking cop.

He's not a proper cop, he's CID I've been told, basically they guy who sits in the office.

Apparently he can't even be called out to scene's because he can't be called up to court for "Other job commitments".

Heard this from police officers.

• 4 weeks later...

Seems to me that refs have been told to clamp down on simulation a lot more; appears to be a lot more bookings for 'dives' this season. I agree with it in principle, but it doesn't appear to be helping and is only adding to the inconsistency throughout the league.

There needs to be some proper clarity over what simulation is. Think it was Reading i saw, this weekend, that got done for what appeared to be legitimate contact in the box. The guy went down and got booked.

I appreciate it's a hard one for refs. The FA could help out here by black-and-white-ing what's currently a huge grey area.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We didn't lose tonight because of the referee but, by christ, he was fucking awful. It's too easy to point the finger at the referee after you've lost and I don't ike doing it but Atkinson was appalling tonight. Absolutely disgraceful at times.

Guest firetotheworks

Atkinson is probably the worst referee going, imo. Including Webb. Every single time that he has been our ref, he has been absolutely atrocious, to the extent that I honestly think he should be reviewed in terms of his bias. He's an attention seeking arse hole.

Having said that, although he massively influenced the game, he wasn't the reason we lost tonight.

We didn't lose tonight because of the referee but, by christ, he was fucking awful. It's too easy to point the finger at the referee after you've lost and I don't ike doing it but Atkinson was appalling tonight. Absolutely disgraceful at times.

He did stop us extorting much pressure on Everton though, by breaking up the game with non free kicks.

Atkinson is probably the worst referee going, imo. Including Webb. Every single time that he has been our ref, he has been absolutely atrocious, to the extent that I honestly think he should be reviewed in terms of his bias. He's an attention seeking arse hole.

Having said that, although he massively influenced the game, he wasn't the reason we lost tonight.

not so sure about. that was a pen for the foul on shola, would've put us 2 up. biggest decision in the game and he got it wrong, good game apart from that.