Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Looks like there is another one to review that will get ignored, with Mikel kicking out now.

Don't understand. Ever-reliable Clive pointed out that it was something that wasn't going to damage Parker, didn't catch anymore as I was attempting to tune him out as much as possible. Was he defending it being a yellow? Surely if it was seen by the referee to deserve a card, it has to be a red considering it was a needless kick out?

So he got a yellow for the kick?  And there's no chance of a review? Sorry, I too had completely zoned out by that point.

The thing is he couldn't even see if it crossed the line neither did the assistant, and if there is any doubt it should go to the team defending not the team attacking, disgraceful.

There should be no doubt. Even with all those players, it's clear as day not over the line, not even on the line.

If a referee can't tell that, even with bodies there, he shouldn't be refereeing.

Looks like there is another one to review that will get ignored, with Mikel kicking out now.

Don't understand. Ever-reliable Clive pointed out that it was something that wasn't going to damage Parker, didn't catch anymore as I was attempting to tune him out as much as possible. Was he defending it being a yellow? Surely if it was seen by the referee to deserve a card, it has to be a red considering it was a needless kick out?

So he got a yellow for the kick?  And there's no chance of a review? Sorry, I too had completely zoned out by that point.

Well I can't understand what else the yellow would've been for. Was only half paying attention though. Did he retaliate to Parker's following reaction to the kick? If so it could be that. But I don't recall seeing anything.

As it's a London club, Spurs have been the victims, maybe the rags will be demanding something is done.

Well it benefited another London club, so they cancel each other out. Expect a 50/50 split of Chelsea praise and Spurs daylight robbery where both clubs were a credit to themselves and the game for their professionalism during unthinkable circumstances.

I actually think the Young dive is a worse decision than Chelseas goal. It's such blatant cheating, and especially the week after his other dive, how can the ref buy that?

FA should charge Young (3 game ban) and give MUFC a five point suspended penalty for failing to control their players. It would end diving overnight.

I actually think the Young dive is a worse decision than Chelseas goal. It's such blatant cheating, and especially the week after his other dive, how can the ref buy that?

FA should charge Young (3 game ban) and give MUFC a five point suspended penalty for failing to control their players. It would end diving overnight.

:thup: Agree it's a worse decison, just everything about it was an absolute shambles.

Seriously, why nothing is done about diving really does my head in. At least with players kicking out and things like Ivanovic punch there's an attempt to control it, the FA seems to be content with letting these cheaters go on with it.

The number of abysmal decisions that have gone Chelsea's way in the last 3 games is unreal.  I still don't get why Cech wasn't sent off today, just because the ref played on and Spurs scored I don't see why the ref didn't either book him or send him off after the goal went in.  He still committed the offence.

The number of abysmal decisions that have gone Chelsea's way in the last 3 games is unreal.  I still don't get why Cech wasn't sent off today, just because the ref played on and Spurs scored I don't see why the ref didn't either book him or send him off after the goal went in.  He still committed the offence.

I think Southgate (?)'s explanation fits.  It wasn't violent conduct, and technically he didn't preven a goalscoring opportunity because Bale was there to tap in.

If there had been a player coming in to tackle Bale I think he'd have gone.

Still questionable though.

In this instance the referee was right (although it doesn't quite feel right).

Czech was in danger of being sent off for DOGSO - Denying an Obvious Goal Scoring Opportunity. A soon as the ball rolled to Bale and he scored, the goal scoring opportunity was not denied because they scored. So no Red card can be given for DOGSO.

Next question...was the Czech challenge worth a Yellow card.  The referee will ask himself was the challenge Careless, Reckless or Violent.  Careless means its a foul, reckless means a yellow and violent is red.  The challenge was cqareless but not reckless or violent so hence no card.

Strange situation to be so close to a Red card and yet no cards applied.

Strange that it would clearly have benefited Tottenham to not have a player in that position to tap it in. That was a good call tbf, but when you've made such a disgraceful call minutes earlier, that doesn't really matter too much.

Guest bimpy474

Czech was in danger of being sent off for DOGSO - Denying an Obvious Goal Scoring Opportunity. A soon as the ball rolled to Bale and he scored, the goal scoring opportunity was not denied because they scored. So no Red card can be given for DOGSO.

Next question...was the Czech challenge worth a Yellow card.  The referee will ask himself was the challenge Careless, Reckless or Violent.  Careless means its a foul, reckless means a yellow and violent is red.  The challenge was cqareless but not reckless or violent so hence no card.

He did deny a DOGSO, he stopped Adebayor from scoring, the ball rolling to Bale was advantage being played.

The issue is whether Cech should get a yellow or red card for the intial foul, for me as a goal was scored from the advantage, it should be Yellow.

Agree....you wonder if Spurs wish that they could have said no thanks, I'll take the Red card/penalty and take my chance. But then again, you would look really stupid if your did and then had the new keeper save the Penalty.

As the the goal line goal.....the AR was completely blocked off by the defender on the post (and the mass of humanity on the goal line) so it was down to the referee. He "thought" he had seen enough to give the goal....he though wrong. Guaranteed that he was wishing he could have called the video replay judge for a second opinion.

He did deny a DOGSO, he stopped Adebayor from scoring, the ball rolling to Bale was advantage being played.

The issue is whether Cech should get a yellow or red card for the intial foul, for me as a goal was scored from the advantage, it should be Yellow.

The law is denying a team the opportunity, not the player though.

Would have been interesting if Bale had accidentally missed it!

Goal scored....so no denial of the opportunity. Those are the laws of the game.

Now, I do agree with you on giving Czech a yellow, but the Laws don't allow for it unless you are saying that Czechs challenge was reckless.