Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Guest neesy111

Still a pen for me like. Needless from Krul.

It was rash, but Johnson is a diving c***.

So every challenge in the box is automatically not a pen? :lol:

Referee can only give a Penalty if he is 100% sure it was.  Hence why most are not given when they should be.

To be fair i thought it was a penatly for the Johnson 1 on 1 and Santon probably should have gone off already before the 2nd incident with Duff and that probably should have been a second yellow although it was outside the box.

Yeah decision his outside the box cost us but Santon could have gone earlier so we had some luck. Krul one was stonewall. Annoying and worth a moan based on the fact it changed the complection of the game but certainly not awful decisions.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

It definitely was a penalty for Johnson by the book, but the rule sucks a bit for me. 

When Johnson tries to dribble around Krul, his final touch before the foul is just awful.  He hit it way too hard and Colo would have easily won the ball.  Johnson is a smart player and takes that awful touch but knows he's going to get it from Krul, and then takes the foul.  The ref rightly gives the PK. 

For me, that should be an indirect kick in the box since the scoring opportunity was completely gone when the foul occurred.  That's asking a lot from refs who get these calls wrong way too often, but if we are giving referees the latitude to judge 'scoring opportunities' on other parts of the pitch (even 50 yards away from goal), I don't think it's unreasonable to give them that same discretion in the box.

No chance that will happen though.

Still a pen for me like. Needless from Krul.

It was rash, but Johnson is a diving c***.

:nods: This is true. From when he was a kid at Birmingham he has a ridiculous history of diving in the penalty area. Good player, doesn't need to, but does, the c***. iirc he got Steve Harper sent off with a dive in whatever they called the League Cup in those days in about 2000 and I've never forgiven the diving cheating c***. Or Steve b****** Bennett, also a c***. My house, home of the grudge.  :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
This is your opportunity to listen to Martin Atkinson, a current FA Premier League and FIFA Elite referee, and have the chance to give your opinion on some hot topics regarding refereeing. Questions on the night will also be posed by Janie Frampton, FA National Referee Manager - Education and Training Referees.

This is a unique opportunity not to be missed and is to be held at St James Park, Newcastle on February 7th 2012 meeting at 6.30 for a 7pm start.

Places will be limited so book your place now with Clive Oliver, Referee Development Officer for Northumberland FA by email: [email protected]

http://countyfanews.com/re?l=5unxm1I1p7me1wId