Has anyone got the stats for Rafas last 6 months in charge?

Lazarus

It will be good see them because I was fuming earlier on when Redknapp said that the Newcastle fans were blinded by Rafa and the football we played during his tenure. Granted there were times when a load of rubbish was served up, but I remember those last six months being a marked sign of progression

Couldnt find all the xG type stats but found this

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB1?saison_id=2018&min=30&max=38&fbclid=IwAR0JiSOw4a60sgU0Jy74XNYLF86qc7azJWsVnBkf0evVYvjQnKG0pfAfKqo

Basically states:

20th in the form table for the 1st quarter of season.

9th in the 2nd quarter

11th in the 3rd

6th in the final quarter.

If it wasnt for that awful start..........

Joined 3rd for goals scored from January-May 2019 I believe.

I remember Rafa wanting to sign Almiron that summer but we haggled over the price from what I read. Shame we couldn't get him in to at least cover for the early absence of Rondon. Could have been another top half finish.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB1?saison_id=2018&min=30&max=38&fbclid=IwAR0JiSOw4a60sgU0Jy74XNYLF86qc7azJWsVnBkf0evVYvjQnKG0pfAfKqo

Basically states:

9th in the 2nd quarter

11th in the 3rd

That looks like progress to me.

There's a bloke on twitter PB or something. Constantly arguing with everyone how Bruce is no better than Rafa. Pulls out screenshot of the league table and match results to back up his claims. He was still backing Bruce after last night.

Some absolute bellends out there.

There's a bloke on twitter PB or something. Constantly arguing with everyone how Bruce is no better than Rafa. Pulls out screenshot of the league table and match results to back up his claims. He was still backing Bruce after last night.

Some absolute bellends out there.

I'm pretty sure there were people that backed Souness. You'll always get a handful of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have it with me right now but it looked like Rafa had some good performances in the past few months of his stint with Newcastle. There are a lot of problems in the the tracking because football is not a simple sport to track stats. However, people need to realize that he was so much better than what Steve Bruce is doing right now because they were at least competing for a good spot in the league and he was the one who stuck with Newcastle during the season they were relegated. It is tough for that to happen with the current lineup but there are sill some potentail to grow from any other player.

Steve Bruce is doing the reverse, taking Rafa's good team and starting well, then gradually turning to shit over a similar time period.

Then the idiots in the press just look at the 2 points totals, see they're about the same and shout "But Bruce is as good as Rafa".

Enough to make your head explode.

Basically states:

9th in the 2nd quarter

11th in the 3rd

You should continue this with Bruces stats until today. Would be an interesting reading.

Basically states:

9th in the 2nd quarter

11th in the 3rd

You should continue this with Bruces stats until today. Would be an interesting reading.

Should be in the link youve quoted.....

Joined 3rd for goals scored from January-May 2019 I believe.

I remember Rafa wanting to sign Almiron that summer but we haggled over the price from what I read. Shame we couldn't get him in to at least cover for the early absence of Rondon. Could have been another top half finish.

Looks like joint 6th for goals scored and also for goal difference over that period.  Still far better than anything we've managed since under Bruce.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB1?saison_id=2018&min=21&max=38