The Takeover Prediction Thread

Minhosa
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've fancied next Tuesday as 'D Day' for a while, so that's where my money is btw.

Any reason why Tuesday in particular?

No - absolutely no logic behind it whatsoever, just a gut feel.

If the new owners and authorities are worried about the prospect of thousands converging on St James' Park then I think they'd announce the takeover via a tweet from @PIF_en, late in the 1st half of a match.

By announcing during the 1st half of a match they can be assured that NUFC supporters are (almost) all, likely, already inside in front of a television watching the game and that fewer of the supporters will rush to the ground because they have to watch the game first.  This means the police would have time to erect barriers on surrounding roads to keep fans from congregating at the ground.  Whilst NUFC fans will undoubtedly pour into the streets as a result of the announcement, the health authorities will be keen to prevent them from gathering into large groups.  So keeping them away from the ground would be the mission.

Just a theory.

If the new owners and authorities are worried about the prospect of thousands converging on St James' Park then I think they'd announce the takeover via a tweet from @PIF_en, late in the 1st half of a match.

By announcing during the 1st half of a match they can be assured that NUFC supporters are (almost) all, likely, already inside in front of a television watching the game and that fewer of the supporters will rush to the ground because they have to watch the game first.  This means the police would have time to erect barriers on surrounding roads to keep fans from congregating at the ground.  Whilst NUFC fans will undoubtedly pour into the streets as a result of the announcement, the health authorities will be keen to prevent them from gathering into large groups.  So keeping them away from the ground would be the mission.

Just a theory.

I’ve been thinking that too lately it’s the point of minimum impact as police are apparently concerned.

If approved I’d expect Bruce to be told on afternoon of 28th, players told in the Man City teamtalk, and Gary Lineker to be handed a club statement right before kickoff. Shearer will then tell fans not to go to stadium.

No idea in truth but I went NO,good things don’t come our way and it’s taken too long now for this to be a yes.

Think this will drag on months

I hate this 'good things don't happen to us' line, sounds like permanent victim mentality mode....but the thing is, in this case it feels valid. :lol:

Ever since it became clear that this wasn't going to pass without a hitch, it just seems impossible to imagine us as being the richest club in the world. Nah. Nee way, fuck that, it's not happening.

Is the question when will the PL inform the relevant parties if they successfully passed the tests or when it will be publicly announced to us plebs?

Went with the 'something else' option.  Personally think the PL have already 'said aye'.  It's just a timing thing now for press release etc.

No idea in truth but I went NO,good things don’t come our way and it’s taken too long now for this to be a yes.

I hate this 'good things don't happen to us' line, sounds like permanent victim mentality mode....but the thing is, in this case it feels valid. :lol:

Ever since it became clear that this wasn't going to pass without a hitch, it just seems impossible to imagine us as being the richest club in the world. Nah. Nee way, fuck that, it's not happening.

The GOOD thing about how long this has taken is that it obviously means both parties are seeking a way to meet the terms and approve the Takeover.

The longer it has gone on - the better.

If it was going to be NO (which it never could be as the club is sold already) then it would have been a pretty QUICK result !!

Ever since it became clear that this wasn't going to pass without a hitch, it just seems impossible to imagine us as being the richest club in the world. Nah. Nee way, f*** that, it's not happening.

The GOOD thing about how long this has taken is that it obviously means both parties are seeking a way to meet the terms and approve the Takeover.

The longer it has gone on - the better.

If it was going to be NO (which it never could be as the club is sold already) then it would have been a pretty QUICK result !!

It’s been reported already that it’s a consultative process rather than a blanket yes or no. Clearly conversations are happening regarding the piracy and actions are being taken as a result. I can only see one outcome now and that’s a positive one.

The PL will want this to happen because it has potential to increase their revenue significantly. The government won’t want anything to happen that will piss off one of their biggest trading partners, so I imagine they’re getting involved as well.