The Takeover Prediction Thread

Minhosa
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This cannot drag on forever, my gut feel is that we're on the home stretch and that we may hear something early next week.

What do you predict and why?

I'm opting for a No next week. That may turn into a 'No for now, you need to do x, y and z and then reapply' possibly but I'm torn between thinking of legal reasons for a no coupled with the strength of the Saudi's, not to mention the Reuben Bros influence at governmental levels also but trading that off is the negative vibes, the Qatar influence and the fact that good things don't happen to us.

I'm therefore going for a no next week.

Lots of work still to be done imo. I can see it going for another month or two at least. Those lawyers on youtube were saying the other day the Saudi's and PIF will have to build a case in response to all the unhappy parties in terms of laying out a map of how they plan to deal with it all. Lot's of big players to keep happy so work to be done.

Lots of work still to be done imo. I can see it going for another month or two at least. Those lawyers on youtube were saying the other day the Saudi's and PIF will have to build a case in response to all the unhappy parties in terms of laying out a map of how they plan to deal with it all. Lot's of big players to keep happy so work to be done.

Did you opt for a no or a yes IC?

I spoilt my ballot paper.

(Yes - after that point)

:lol: Interesting that over half of voters feel next week is the week, regardless of whether they think yes or no.

I can't see it personally but I think it's partially because that initial spark of 'any day now' anticipation is well dissipated and I've accepted we're in for the long haul. Still think it will happen though.

Guest godzilla

I spoilt my ballot paper.

(Yes - after that point)

:lol: Interesting that over half of voters feel next week is the week, regardless of whether they think yes or no.

WTO Report out, so nothing really to stop them making the decision. I've gone yes as I was expecting the WTO report to come out stating KSA were directly involved in the transmission and it certainly didn't. Had the report reflected they had been directly involved then I would have said no chance for it passing. There is also the issue besides that in the case of PIF being a total separate legal entity.

Initial (public) rejection by the end of next week and quick (in comparison) successful appeal.

That crossed my mind too, mentioned it in the opening post. I could see that happening too.

No question, the PL need to have a rock solid legal basis whatever they decide because they're gonna face a backlash and subsequent legal appeals either way.