Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

3000 pages later...

Previous thread: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,93975.0.html

Alan Pardew's Unwanted Records

• First NUFC manager to lose 6 consecutive PL games.
  • Before Pardew arrived, since 1993, NUFC had lost 35 Premier League games by 3 goals or more. Pardew has lost by 3 goals or more 20 times on his own since December 2010. [28/04/14]
  • Most NUFC Premier League losses in one season
  • Alan Pardew has lost 14 of the last 19 matches, including an FA Cup defeat at home against Cardiff City. [28/04/14]
  • Alan Pardew has managed NUFC for seven derbies.  Chris Hughton for one. Both have scored 5 goals against Sunderland.
  • Pardew has conceded as many goals against Sunderland as Newcastle Manager as Keegan, Dalglish, Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, Kinnear and Hughton combined (11).
  • Man Utd (4), Tottenham (4), Everton (3) and Sunderland (3) have all scored the same or more goals at SJP than Newcastle in 2014. [28/04/14]
  • First manager to lose three consecutive derbies since 1924
  • Worst home defeat to Liverpool for 87 years
  • Lowest home goals tally in one PL season [28/04/14]
  • In every season as Newcastle manager, Pardew has gone on a run of games that lasted at least ONE THIRD of the season where his win ratio was between 14% and 29% [10/11 - 14 games 2 wins (14%), 11/12 - 17 games 5 wins (29%), 12/13 - 14 games 2 wins (14%), 13/14 - 20 games 4 wins (20%)]

Funnily enough the disgraceful lack of ambition from the top seems quite prevalent amongst the fans these days. Every opponent is very difficult, we can't expect to dominate matches, we can't afford this player or those wages etc etc. Every other word is can't, won't, shouldn't. Where's the hope? Why can't we strive to be better? Isn't that the whole point of sport?

Fuck Ashley and all of his horrible cronies past and present, including Pardew. This regime stinks.

Funnily enough the disgraceful lack of ambition from the top seems quite prevalent amongst the fans these days. Every opponent is very difficult, we can't expect to dominate matches, we can't afford this player or those wages etc etc. Every other word is can't, won't, shouldn't. Where's the hope? Why can't we strive to be better? Isn't that the whole point of sport?

Fuck Ashley and all of his horrible cronies past and present, including Pardew. This regime stinks.

Giggs

Touché. :lol:

Considering the club has no ambition to win anything or even play on the only European stage we can realistically qualify for, it would be nice to just win some matches in relative comfort. Particularly at home, against the worst teams in the league, when we've already established our superiority. We simply don't do it under Pardew.

Some people seem incapable of reading the above without seeing 'WE MUST DOMINATE EVERY TEAM FOR 90MINS AND WIN 5-0 EVERY TIME OR PARDEW IS WORSER THAN IAN WATKINS.' It's weird.

Wigan last year?  Southampton?  Blackburn the year before, Bolton?  Stoke? man U?

Don't worry about putting me right on those being slim pickings.  I didn't take it literally when you said the bold bit  :D

Guest Haris Vuckic

Considering the club has no ambition to win anything or even play on the only European stage we can realistically qualify for, it would be nice to just win some matches in relative comfort. Particularly at home, against the worst teams in the league, when we've already established our superiority. We simply don't do it under Pardew.

Some people seem incapable of reading the above without seeing 'WE MUST DOMINATE EVERY TEAM FOR 90MINS AND WIN 5-0 EVERY TIME OR PARDEW IS WORSER THAN IAN WATKINS.' It's weird.

Wigan last year?  Southampton?  Blackburn the year before, Bolton?  Stoke? man U?

Don't worry about putting me right on those being slim pickings.  I didn't take it literally when you said the bold bit  :D

Put 5 past West Ham when Ranger missed a sitter that was easier to score :lol:

Guest reefatoon

I wasn't calling Pardew a cunt for that article.  I just hadn't posted any resentment towards the fucker for a while and I needed to let it out . . . .

Back again by page 5.

Guest reefatoon

Pardew apologists and haters, lets enjoy another thousand pages of love and unity  :smitten:

If you are an apologist, you can fuck off you crazy twat.  If you are a hater then welcome aboard brother.

f*** Ashley and all of his horrible cronies past and present, including Pardew. This regime stinks.

I think we are tbh. Now that said, we're not doing it by throwing the owners cash at it (he just won't) but we are a big club and our means (even if only marginally exploited) are better than most but it will be a long process.

There isn't a magic bullet solution, Spurs just spent £90 Million and they're below us, now they may very well end up above us but they fucking should do given the spend.

As for the regime, couldn't care less who owns us or what they do/say, so long as we get better on the pitch and this season we are appearing to do just that.

The current league table would suggest our "average" manager, which he is along with most others, is doing OK (or above average) enjoy it while it lasts. It could be a step in the right direction (the first of many hopefully) or it could be another peak before a trough, there's no scientific formula for "success".

f*** Ashley and all of his horrible cronies past and present, including Pardew. This regime stinks.

I think we are tbh. Now that said, we're not doing it by throwing the owners cash at it (he just won't) but we are a big club and our means (even if only marginally exploited) are better than most but it will be a long process.

There isn't a magic bullet solution, Spurs just spent £90 Million and they're below us, now they may very well end up above us but they fucking should do given the spend.

As for the regime, couldn't care less who owns us or what they do/say, so long as we get better on the pitch and this season we are appearing to do just that.

The current league table would suggest our "average" manager, which he is along with most others, is doing OK (or above average) enjoy it while it lasts. It could be a step in the right direction (the first of many hopefully) or it could be another peak before a trough, there's no scientific formula for "success".

Personally I think the club is in the best shape it's been in, both on and off the pitch, for 10 years or so.

I also reckon with PL safety probably assured, no other distractions and a healthy looking squad situation we'll be having a full on tilt at the FA Cup, and reasonably kind draws could see us having a good run.

If only the owner would make some kind of positive statement.................

Please feel free to throw this back if we put out a reserve/junior side away to Bournemouth in round 3.

Good to see Pards trying to get expectations under control after a few wins. I seen a lot of people on here demanding we should dominate teams for 90 minutes and smash them for 4 and 5 :lol: it's literally mental! Every game is a tough game in this league and most teams have more resources than us too. All we can do is hope that Pards keeps this run going.

:thup: :thup: :thup: