Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

going on Interpolic's 'glove' thread in chat, I'll add footballers who wear gloves, and even more, footballers who wear short sleeved shirts and gloves.  So you'll be warmed up enough not to keep your arms warm, but your hands might get too cold?

Emre, you little scamp, I'm looking at you.

It's more comfortable!

The modern habit of squealing like a lass in order to convince the ref that a challenge was bad.

Refs should have the power to allow the cheated player to kick the cheat as hard as they like - a true "free kick".

Away goal rule.

International weekends and people who are only interested in international football.

Timewasting, including trying to keep the ball by the corner flag. Love it when the ref (probably wrongly) blows a free kick to the other team when this happens.

People like my dad and Mark Bright who complain about footballers making mistakes. 'What he should have done there is...' -- well, no shit, you fucking idiot. Doubly so when it's the likes of Bright or Jim Beglin complaining about, say, Ryan Giggs' delivery. As if they could teach him fucking anything, ffs.

See also: my dad complaining EVERY TIME a player is offside. 'That should never happen!'

Ignorant pundits who comment on players based on their reputations rather than their real abilities.

Diving.

Players crowding the referee and whinging like little girls.

Screaming in pain when tackled.

Fergie.

People calling for the introduction of technology.

Beckham haters.

Pompous, Biased Football Journos

Fans of other clubs with an agenda (for reasons best known to themselves) about us.

Man U fans who were "from/born/dad was from" Manchester (this includes Mongolians, Chinese, Outer Hebrideans, Martians)

Ole Gunnar Sockpuppet

Foreign players who only wish to play for one of the top 4 - ONLY one of the top 4.

Footballers who seem to believe being paid £100,000 a week is "fair"

Journalists who believe Liverpool fans are "justified" to attack their board and owners, while we are not.

You're right with the Stevie G crap too.

Fergie, yes. Ranting at any decision going against them, and ignoring the other 95% of the time when ref decisions go FOR them

How often does the refs play until Man U score ? Blatant pens not given ? Etc etc ad naseum

This thread makes me think there's more that I hate about football than things I like. I could easily add another 10.

Absolutely.

On the other hand, I used to think there was nothing I didn't like about speedway.

Then I started believing it was getting processional, and too many changes to the sport I loved, and stopped going totally 15 years ago, and never been back since, i can't ever imagine that happening with football though.