Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Guest neesy111

In fairness, Debuchy could have been sent off as well.

I thought he made the right decision with a yellow. Many refs would have succumbed to pressure from the crowd and given a red.

The two penalty claims were both a bit marginal. Some you get, some you don't. It wasn't much of a push, and those handballs where a shot gets blocked can go either way.

The only really poor decision was the Shelvey head-butt. I can only assume he didn't see it.

Williams was a blatant handball, arms were all over the place.

Guest bimpy474

I thought he made the right decision with a yellow. Many refs would have succumbed to pressure from the crowd and given a red.

The two penalty claims were both a bit marginal. Some you get, some you don't. It wasn't much of a push, and those handballs where a shot gets blocked can go either way.

The only really poor decision was the Shelvey head-butt. I can only assume he didn't see it.

Both arms above his head, just scandalous it wasn't given.

That one was a tough spot, in real time. I don't think anyone noticed it until the TV replays after the game, did they? I didn't see any appeals from the players.

Guest neesy111

That one was a tough spot, in real time. I don't think anyone noticed it until the TV replays after the game, did they? I didn't see any appeals from the players.

The linesman was 10 yards from it.

Guest bimpy474

Exactly....and why it's a disgrace it was missed.

As well as four of our own players. If neither they, nor anyone else, spotted it, is it too much of a surprise that the linesman missed it too? It only seemed to graze his arm.

Officials aren't blessed with superhuman powers, or slow-motion replays from a variety of angles.

Guest bimpy474

As well as four of our own players. If neither they, nor anyone else, spotted it, is it too much of a surprise that the linesman missed it too? It only seemed to graze his arm.

Officials aren't blessed with superhuman powers, or slow-motion replays from a variety of angles.

Well an official ten yards directly behind a ball with a clear view of the Swansea CB raising both hands above his head deflecting the ball as it was crossed. Yeah i can see why he didn't spot it.

And fwiw the player who crossed it (gouff) appealed immediately.

Well an official ten yards directly behind a ball with a clear view of the Swansea CB raising both hands above his head deflecting the ball as it was crossed. Yeah i can see why he didn't spot it.

It didn't look like much of an appeal to me, but in any case, you're deliberately avoiding the point. You can only call a decision 'scandalous' or a 'disgrace' if it's blatant and the official has a clear view. That cannot be described as blatant.

Guest bimpy474

It didn't look like much of an appeal to me, but in any case, you're deliberately avoiding the point. You can only call a decision 'scandalous' or a 'disgrace' if it's blatant and the official has a clear view. That cannot be described as blatant.

How can it not be blatant (a blatant pen, a blatant wrong decision), take your pick,  if he has a clear view from ten yards away, and the player he is looking at has his hands above his head, and that player deflects the cross with those raised hands. It's blatantly wrong......avoiding what question by the way, wasn't aware you asked one.

Are you blind to what you saw ?

It is one of football's great mysteries how the white Uriah Rennie that is Webb manages to con enough people into believing that he is a top referee.

Following hard on the heels of a thoroughly incompetent display from an unfit looking Phil Dowd on Saturday it is embarrassing that the supposed "world's greatest league" has these guys in charge of matches.

I recently watched a Bundesliga match and once again was really impressed with the standard of officiating. The ref looked strong and fit for a start, and managed to remain in complete control making all the big decisions quickly and correctly.

As we have now reached the stage where most of the managers and players come from abroad maybe we should start recruiting some competent officials from foreign leagues.

Quite a few players appealed for it, all of our players who were within 20 yards or so of it in fact

Guest Haris Vuckic

If it didn't hit his arm it was hitting the back of the net.

His arm was outstretched so it's a penalty. Every single time.

Also Williams blocked a cross with both hands - Penalty. The push on Gouffran - you seen them given but realistically I wouldn't give it.

Guest icemanblue

Incredibly hard to stomach, when a non-playing individual has such a massive effect on the result. You look at the replays and think, 'how'? How hasn't he seen it? How has he not given the penalty, if he has seen it?

Nothing will be said, or done, about it. It's a routine win for a home side, on an evening of higher profile games. Sickener.