Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Why/how is a referee who lives in Bolton (less than 10 miles from the DW) refereeing today's game?

Would we get a ref from Hexham? Or Ashington? Or Morpeth?

Absolutely scandalous. Said to my missus that we were in trouble as soon as I saw Halsey.

The thing is, linos and 4th officials have no bollocks at all, they very rarely make a call that would go against the ref or help him out. It all stinks.

Well Colo got sent off on the lino's say so at Liverpool, you can see him shouting "it's a red it's a red" in his mic.

So it does happen, and needs to happen much more often but like you say as a rule they say nothing.

Colo had barely touched Suarez (I think he completely missed?) and was sent off for that, the inconsistency is just ridiculous now.

Guest bimpy474

The thing is, linos and 4th officials have no bollocks at all, they very rarely make a call that would go against the ref or help him out. It all stinks.

Well Colo got sent off on the lino's say so at Liverpool, you can see him shouting "it's a red it's a red" in his mic.

So it does happen, and needs to happen much more often but like you say as a rule they say nothing.

Colo had barely touched Suarez (I think he completely missed?) and was sent off for that, the inconsistency is just ridiculous now.

Aye he missed Suarez but the intent was enough, i say that through gritted teeth mind. But you're spot on the inconsistency is so bad.

Actually i just think we have very bad refs. Plain awful, crap standard, bog awful refs.

Can't remember the last time a really bad tackle on one of our players was punished. Ryan Taylor x 2 (Villa and Atromitos), HBA and Haidara all crocked, iirc we didn't even get a foul for any of them.

Guest Howaythetoon

The match officials are the most important people during a game of football and in my opinion they should be made professional. Footballers have to train every day of the week, I think its time the officials were made to turn pro and trained every day too. We are talking about a sport that effects thousands of people, a sport that can make or break a career, a sport where someone could lose their job or career even based on what the officials do or do not do. I'm sick of the whole respect thing, that they are just normal guys or cannot win. Bull shit. They need to be far more accountable and there needs to be some kind of officiating centre so refs and linesman can go to train, study and basically learn. We also need more ex players and fans progressing into becoming refs. A lad we play 5-a-side with will never make a match day ref at any level other than Sunday pub level yet he is a fucking very good ref.

Guest bimpy474

The match officials are the most important people during a game of football and in my opinion they should be made professional. Footballers have to train every day of the week, I think its time the officials were made to turn pro and trained every day too. We are talking about a sport that effects thousands of people, a sport that can make or break a career, a sport where someone could lose their job or career even based on what the officials do or do not do. I'm sick of the whole respect thing, that they are just normal guys or cannot win. Bull shit. They need to be far more accountable and there needs to be some kind of officiating centre so refs and linesman can go to train, study and basically learn. We also need more ex players and fans progressing into becoming refs. A lad we play 5-a-side with will never make a match day ref at any level other than Sunday pub level yet he is a fucking very good ref.

They are professional now H.

Can't remember the last time a really bad tackle on one of our players was punished. Ryan Taylor x 2 (Villa and Atromitos), HBA and Haidara all crocked, iirc we didn't even get a foul for any of them.

Add to that De Jong v Benny, Bardsley v Colo, and that Sterling tackle.

There's a video montage to be made in there.

Guest Slippery Sam

Wonder if the FA will let Halsey ref a game at SJP this season? I hope so, as it would be nice to give him a warm reception.

watched 2 games today, saw 4 major f*** ups that changed the result in both games, absolute f***ing shambles tbh.

I watched the Mackems game (I know, I know) and their luck was unreal.

Their player handling in their own box, ref inexplicably gives a free kick outside.  And I know the Bassong handball was a handball, but it was harsh.  Controlled with his chest and it bounced onto his arm with no one near him threatening.

Guest Slippery Sam

watched 2 games today, saw 4 major f*** ups that changed the result in both games, absolute f***ing shambles tbh.

I watched the Mackems game (I know, I know) and their luck was unreal.

Their player handling in their own box, ref inexplicably gives a free kick outside.  And I know the Bassong handball was a handball, but it was harsh.  Controlled with his chest and it bounced onto his arm with no one near him threatening.

Contolled it with his chest and deliberately handled it? No chance.  The mackem was offside as well, but, surprise surprise, the linesman missed it!

Guest Howaythetoon

:lol:

I know they are pro, I meant actually pro, as in 6 days a week, 9-5 job.

Actually I didn't know they were pro, f*** me when did that happen?! 9-5 shit as well?

Anyway, my general point still stands. That French place we send Ben Arfa to, there needs to be an England officials type place similar.

The problem is that football is so high up in there own asses it´s not even funny. That they can´t start using some f***ing technology, how hard can it be? I´m just so sick of everything in football right now. The sport will start to kill it self soon with Fifa and that lot.

Aye he missed Suarez but the intent was enough, i say that through gritted teeth mind. But you're spot on the inconsistency is so bad.

Actually i just think we have very bad refs. Plain awful, crap standard, bog awful refs.

It's important to remember that the referee will give his pre match instructions to the linesmen prior to kick off. People get wound up when a linesman doesn't flag for a foul close to him, well quite often a ref will say something along the lines of "everything in your third flag for the rest is mine" they do this to absolve responsibility from the linesman, same with penaltys, the ref may allow linesman to flAg for say hand ball but will decide himself on fouls in the area.

They do it to try and be consistent but it quite often fails them.

Guest Slippery Sam

Has the standards actually improved since they went pro?

No. They've got worse.

Sad indictictment of PL refereeing is that the best one they've ever had was an amatuer who's day job was a schoolmaster at Eton.

I don't think they're worse or better tbh.  What has happened is the increased use of technology has highlighted the amount of mistakes they make.  It's about time we used technology to it's potential imo - that includes the FA changing the law so as to include retrospective action against players regardless of what the referee at the time think.