Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Was a yellow though. Didn't see his first yellow, but that is just great refereeing in my opinion. Clearly a Newcastle fan. Just send Williamson off now too please. It has come to the point where I'm hoping suspensions will force Pardew to get it right.

Guest palnese

A foul? Sure. A yellow? Have a fucking word. Should've booked the little prick for diving. Rolling around like a right little queer.

That's football though man. Shola came in hard there and for me he deserved a yellow just for sheer laziness. Why put his leg in? Not going to have a debate about it, just thank god he was sent off you ungrateful prick :lol:

The ref didn`t even see the Brighton player trip over the back of Shola`s ankle for the first yellow. He just guessed. The second yellow was ridiculous considering what other players get away with when already on a yellow. There we worse fouls all game that escaped yellows.

Surely this should be in Godawful FA Cup Officiating. Sponsored by I don't fucking care any more. :lol: Last night I deleted the highlights programme tonight and the draw tomorrow because I totally knew we'd play the reserves and they would play their first team AND give a shit. FFS. Can somebody just gimme a slice of cheese? FFFFS, man.

In real life it was very balanced the amount of fouling from each side, In Atkinson world he blew for 21 fouls from us and 10 from them. I mentioned this the other week.

Did anyone see the career ending foul that chelsea player only got a yellow for in the QPR game !

Who was the ref in the Chelsea-QPR? Not arsed to google. Marins tackle was one of the worst I've seen and it's ridiculous that I knew right away it's only gonna be yellow as it was Chelsea and only 3 minutes played. Compare that to the reds we have got this season.  :rant:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ObiChrisKenobi
Northumberland FA Referees Academy launched

The first meeting of the "new" academy took place at the County headquarters in January with 27 bright young referees attending to listen to the opening remarks of Michael Oliver FIFA and Premier League referee and also Northumberland FA referee who is to direct the academy. Focus will be given to the members of the academy to improve their skills and encourage them to progress through the levels of refereeing within the county. They will be appointed to games at Newcastle United Football Academy and twelve of the group will be taken by the County to the National Referees Association conference at St Georges Park in the summer.

RDO Clive Oliver said "This is a venture I have been looking to launch for some time and I was delighted to secure the help of Michael Oliver to lead the group. Although he is at the top of his profession he is a perfect role model as it is not that long since Michael was being trained at the same level as the referees in the group. Not only do I believe he is the best person in the county to lead the group, he is the best person in the country. The referees both male and female will gain so much knowledge from him"

Northumberland FA are delighted to announce that Michael Oliver has been selected as fourth official for this seasons Capital One Cup Final between Bradford City and Swansea City on February 24th 2013. Furthermore, Michael has been promoted within FIFA to a "category one" referee and will therefore be eligible to referee games in the UEFA Champions League

An evening with Howard Webb

Northumberland FA`s RA-FA event will be held in The Magpie Suite at St James Park on Monday 25th March from 7pm till 9pm. The evening will consist of some referee development opportunities followed by World Cup Final referee Howard Webb talking about "Teamwork" and his experiences in South Africa.

This really is a unique opportunity to listen to a colleague at the top of his profession and should not be missed by any referee. Places will be limited and should be booked vie email to [email protected] in order to reserve your place.