Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

The still image looks to be 90-95% over but not 100%. But you're saying that it "clearly" didn't cross the line which to me would be in the 10-20% range.

In the picture it looks like 10% more of the ball would make this a goal, but 10% further on a "clearly not" position isn't a goal.

It was a lot closer than it looked

which is exactly my point :lol:

That photo is a still and not necessary a shot of the ball at its furthest position into the goal.  Also, that wasn't the ref's view so he may have had a better view.  I’m not bothered if it was a goal or not as it has no effect on me but I’m giving the referee the benefit of the doubt.  He clearly had a better view than the twats in the studio who were giving him shit for what now looks to be probably the right decision.

Guest neesy111

The still image looks to be 90-95% over but not 100%. But you're saying that it "clearly" didn't cross the line which to me would be in the 10-20% range.

In the picture it looks like 10% more of the ball would make this a goal, but 10% further on a "clearly not" position isn't a goal.

It was a lot closer than it looked

which is exactly my point :lol:

That photo is a still and not necessary a shot of the ball at its furthest position into the goal.  Also, that wasn't the ref's view so he may have had a better view.  I’m not bothered if it was a goal or not as it has no effect on me but I’m giving the referee the benefit of the doubt.  He clearly had a better view than the twats in the studio who were giving him shit for what now looks to be probably the right decision.

The ref has admitted he got it wrong.

Just read last couple pages? Is there now proof that the ball crossed the line? Only seen ITV coverage...

No, it just doesn't look as bad a decision as ITV were making out and the ball may have crossed the line.

• 3 weeks later...

Mark Halsey was also the referee who missed the elbow on Shearer (despite the incident being right in front of him, much like tonight!) all those years ago. So, lightning can strike twice eh?

Don't know how he thought it was right to give Tiote the yellow after one challenge (from where I was it didn't even look like a foul, more a coming together), but didn't book Chelsea players for similar, if not worse, challenges.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/empics/20100814/22/1385205319-soccer-barclays-premier-league-sunderland-v-birmingham-city-stadium-light.jpg

Really? I can.. I can blow the whistle?

Guest neesy111

So professionalism was suppose to make officiating in the PL better....

:yao:

It's got far worse this season.

So professionalism was suppose to make officiating in the PL better....

:yao:

It's got far worse this season.

Because they've got their comfy little jobs and sponsored expensive watches and nice big cars. Twats

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n203/Chriswok/reactions/yaomingtheref.png

• 4 weeks later...