Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Guest neesy111

Haven't watching it many times but could he not have just stepped up playing Son offside?

Not sure how you can step up in those circumstances as it would give Sissoko free run on goal.

Guest firetotheworks

Haven't watching it many times but could he not have just stepped up playing Son offside?

That would have just given Sissoko the time and space to run through on goal and probably get it on his right foot.

It's not exactly hard to confuse Sissoko tho, when he isn't passing the ball to someone 5 yards away. Spurs will never move on to the next level unless they upgrade on players like him.

Guest firetotheworks

It's not exactly hard to confuse Sissoko tho, when he isn't passing the ball to someone 5 yards away. Spurs will never move on to the next level unless they upgrade on players like him.

He's been class this season tbh. I'd be surprised if they chose now as the time to get rid.

He's been class this season tbh. I'd be surprised if they chose now as the time to get rid.

I've not been paying attention to him to be honest, just going off his stats. No goals, couple of assists, a shot every other game and a tackle a key pass and a dribble per game. Not sure what his contribution is

Guest firetotheworks

I've not been paying attention to him to be honest, just going off his stats. No goals, couple of assists, a shot every other game and a tackle a key pass and a dribble per game. Not sure what his contribution is

Just generally very good all-round play, particularly strong runs and good on the counter. But aye, his stats are still shite, although it's less important when you've got Erikson, Alli, Son, Moura, Kane, and the full backs doing the goals/assists bit I suppose.

Just generally very good all-round play, particularly strong runs and good on the counter. But aye, his stats are still s****, although it's less important when you've got Erikson, Alli, Son, Moura, Kane, and the full backs doing the goals/assists bit I suppose.

Fair point 👍

• 2 weeks later...

It probably doesn't count as a pet hate, but it really annoys me how the media use the same words over and over again in their headlines like "player reveals" and "injury blow". Reading Newcastle news alone I probably see it 10 times a day. They are journalists you would think they would have a wider range of vocabulary.

Guest firetotheworks

Hmm, I dunno, I think that one's a little wide of the mark.

EDIT

That's an Alan Oliver one just in case you thought I was being arsey.

It probably doesn't count as a pet hate, but it really annoys me how the media use the same words over and over again in their headlines like "player reveals" and "injury blow". Reading Newcastle news alone I probably see it 10 times a day. They are journalists you would think they would have a wider range of vocabulary.

I hate it when they refer to a player as “star”- proper winds me up

“NUFC star Matt Ritchie” etc etc

Remember Nile Ranger being a Newcastle star for a long time, until he became ex-NUFC star even when he was playing for other clubs

I also hate when their headlines say "according to reports" and it turns out its just one report from The Sun.

Weaker teams being described as 'brave' when they defend and manage to hang on for a draw.

'Brave' is rushing into a burning building to save a child. Not defending your goal at football.

• 2 weeks later...

The women’s FA cup final being today.

Personally I’d love for women’s football to be bigger. But when they schedule it for the same day as a round of men’s league games your going to massively reduce the amount of people who will go and could potentially keep going.

The fact that they wouldn’t even move one of West Ham’s games so that fans wouldn’t of had to choose between going to see the men’s or women’s teams is ridiculous.

Guest neesy111

Personally I’d love for women’s football to be bigger. But when they schedule it for the same day as a round of men’s league games your going to massively reduce the amount of people who will go and could potentially keep going.

The fact that they wouldn’t even move one of West Ham’s games so that fans wouldn’t of had to choose between going to see the men’s or women’s teams is ridiculous.

Very different over here in Spain, they are organizing them like proper events for family etc.  World record attendance the other month for Atletico vs Barca at the Wanda.

It was Southampton that wouldn’t move the game.  Nothing the PL can do without both teams agreement.