Newcastle United 1-2 Everton

samptime29

Wish Almiron could be more composed. He's had another good 3 chances today and though he's unlucky with the post one, that one at the end of the first half sums him up. Nscoring hasn't solved any of the demons it seems.

Joelinton could have had 3 assists in 2 games if our attackers could score

Guest godzilla

Also the winner - he hit the top of the ball and It spun beside him and rolled in. That luck.

Our Miggy post hit usually hits the keeper and rolls in - somehow that snuck by Pickford.

tbf he should have buried it and his other 2 chances or at least make the keeper do a save.

We all know that Bruce is very limited but the corner leading to their 1st looked a clear goal kick and we absolutely gifted them the 2nd. Nowt Bruce can do about that, the ref looked determined not to give us anything, couldn’t really see the challenge on Almiron from my seat but there was definite hands on Carroll, how hard I don’t know but at speed it really doesn’t take much.

Bruce did make some strange subs mind and the defence had to ask who was playing where. Not helped by the options off the bench we have, Atsu really shouldn’t be given anymore game time, he just can’t compete physically and isn’t good enough to compensate for it.

Thought it was some of the best stuff we played all season - midfield ran out of legs at about 70mins plus Delph came on and we struggled to keep any momentum

If the best we played all season resulted in us having less corners, shots, shots on target, possession and goals than the opposition, I think we may be in trouble

Thought it was some of the best stuff we played all season - midfield ran out of legs at about 70mins plus Delph came on and we struggled to keep any momentum

If the best we played all season resulted in us having less corners, shots, shots on target, possession and goals than the opposition, I think we may be in trouble

I feel absolutely nothing when we lose, a tad bit of emotion when we win, and that’s working for me. I understand people wanting us to lose, I started out like that but in the end couldn’t even be bothered to invest that time. What I don’t understand is coming on the match day thread relentlessly celebrating goals against and almost warring with those still wanting the team to win. I think MDTs should be for those still invested in the results, they’ve enough misery to contend with. :)

I feel absolutely nothing when we lose, a tad bit of emotion when we win, and that’s working for me. I understand people wanting us to lose, I started out like that but in the end couldn’t even be bothered to invest that time. What I don’t understand is coming on the match day thread relentlessly celebrating goals against and almost warring with those still wanting the team to win. I think MDTs should be for those still invested in the results, they’ve enough misery to contend with. :)

Totally fair comment. Nailed it.

I think the MDT should be for all supporters of the club whether they want the team to lose for the greater good or they want the team to win. We all love the club and we can all decide whether to read the forum or not. That’s all there is to it really.

I think the MDT should be for all supporters of the club whether they want the team to lose for the greater good or they want the team to win. We all love the club and we can all decide whether to read the forum or not. That’s all there is to it really.

Exactly, telling people what to use the thread for is idiotic.

Everybody is invested in the result, hugely invested, and that's the point being missed by some posters.