Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Howaythetoon

Joint 7th worst defence in the league now.

In the words of gun toting patriot Dean “Rafa Out!”

Joint 7th best you mean right?

Actually I think the defence has been poor the last 3 games in general, hopefully just a blip

Is that a natural consequence of being slightly more attacking since Almirom joined?

If you look at the goals I would say no just think it's poor defending to be honest

No doubt, and I agree. However, I think because we are more attacking now or have been more offensive lately, our general defending and some of our defenders will be exposed more which can lead to more mistakes and more chances created by the opposition. It’s natural and defensively we’ve always looked stronger because of the shape, system, tactics and coaching by Rafa more than because of any real defensive strengths in our defenders. This is where the lack of real quality will show which we’ve always compensated for with greater organisation, shape, tactics and downght blood sweat and tears.

Me, I much prefer being more attacking even if it means being exposed more defensively, mind only because I know we won’t ship in tonnes of goals under Rafa. It’s about finding the right balance and that becomes much easier and more consistently if you have more higher quality players in all areas in the team.

Jesus in a moment of emotion after that run of 9 games on the trot I made a statement I'm never going to live down FFS

Heat of the moment shit man oh and gun toting patriot....really??

You're insinuating I'm some kind of intolerant racist which is totally not the case. I may have firearms but fuck me it's a given here in the deep south

Chronicle site crashed my work laptop twice. Mind copy/paste on here?

Newcastle United boss Rafa Benitez insists he is relaxed about his contract situation at St James' Park.

It is believed that United have made Benitez a written offer to entice him to extend his deal beyond this season.

With the club on 35 points, many feel that Newcastle are more or less safe from relegation and the time is right to reopen negotiations on the deal during the international break.

However, when asked if he would be sitting down with managing director Lee Charnley any time soon, Benitez simply said: "We have plenty of time, yes."

The encouraging sign is that Benitez is not shutting the door on the prospect of staying on Tyneside.

The verdict of the dressing room is also quite clear on what happens next with their manager with Isaac Hayden, Ayoze Perez and Matt Ritchie all saying publicly that Benitez should remain in charge.

Benitez will officially start contract talks once Newcastle are declared as a Premier League club for next season.

For now he is delighted with his players, when asked if he was proud of the team, he said: "I think they are working so hard.

"You can see that in every game.

"You could see at Bournemouth they did that until the last minute of every game.

"We were losing and we kept pushing.  Some teams would think they'd lost and give up, but we didn't do that.

"We had a good reaction."

United players will return to training on Wednesday after a five-day break.

Benitez said: "We have the international break and they can relax a little bit.

"They can enjoy it with the families and come back with their batteries charged."

Jesus in a moment of emotion after that run of 9 games on the trot I made a statement I'm never going to live down FFS

You're insinuating I'm some kind of intolerant racist which is totally not the case. I may have firearms but fuck me it's a given here in the deep south

Heat of the moment :lol: you’re delewed. And, if you’re not and, also accounting for the scorching temperatures last season you have once again repeatedly shat yourself time and time again this season.

Also, I’m inferring you’re a total knacker. Nothing more, nothing less. A know nowt reactionary blowhard. Ironically made all the better (funnier) because you’re a self identified real man, a hard man who hates soft cunts - as you’ve stated previous.

The guns stuff if just a wee bit of banter as I know it’s gets a rise, as you’ve just proven. Plus given you’re so considered and rational in your posts you should definitely carry deadly weapons.

:safetywink:

Heat of the moment s*** man oh and gun toting patriot....really??

You're insinuating I'm some kind of intolerant racist which is totally not the case. I may have firearms but f*** me it's a given here in the deep south

Heat of the moment :lol: you’re delewed. And, if you’re not and, also accounting for the scorching temperatures last season you have once again repeatedly shat yourself time and time again this season.

Also, I’m inferring you’re a total knacker. Nothing more, nothing less. A know nowt reactionary blowhard. Ironically made all the better (funnier) because you’re a self identified real man, a hard man who hates soft c***s - as you’ve stated previous.

The guns stuff if just a wee bit of banter as I know it’s gets a rise, as you’ve just proven. Plus given you’re so considered and rational in your posts you should definitely carry deadly weapons.

:lol:

Also, I’m inferring you’re a total knacker. Nothing more, nothing less. A know nowt reactionary blowhard. Ironically made all the better (funnier) because you’re a self identified real man, a hard man who hates soft cunts - as you’ve stated previous.

Wow can't say nowt to that fair play fella