Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Benitez's first match as permanent Newcastle manager was away to Fulham in the Championship and his last match will likely be away to Fulham last match of the season. I think there is a chance he will stay, but based on that narrative I think he will leave.

Benitez's first match as permanent Newcastle manager was away to Fulham in the Championship and his last match will likely be away to Fulham last match of the season. I think there is a chance he will stay, but based on that narrative I think he will leave.

It wasn't though. His first contract was three and a half years.

Guest godzilla

I think Ashley will say just enough to get that signature. When he doesn't stick to his word though....

Can't see this as Ashley has not stuck to his word throughout the 3 yers Rafa has been here. With Ashley in chanrge IMHO not a cat's hell in chance Rafa stays beyond the Summer.

It wasn't though. His first contract was three and a half years.

His first proper match.

Don't know, especially if they fall short this year, I'd back him to win a league there under their current owners.

I'm not sure it would work out because Liverpool also have a strategy of signing young players with resale value. I think Benitez's time at the very big clubs is over he just won't get the control that he wants.

"Newcastle tried to sign two young players last summer in potentially record-breaking deals, and both were blocked by the former Real Madrid manager."

Yeah no, this article is all sorts of false.

ffs. POTENTIAL record-breaking.

that means £6m up front and then £10m in add-ons over the next 6 years depending on appearances, goals and reaching the champions league.

so could have technically been tru but really absolute bullshit.

"Newcastle tried to sign two young players last summer in potentially record-breaking deals, and both were blocked by the former Real Madrid manager."

Yeah no, this article is all sorts of false.

ffs. POTENTIAL record-breaking.

that means £6m up front and then £10m in add-ons over the next 6 years depending on appearances, goals and reaching the champions league.

so could have technically been tru but really absolute bullshit.

Remember all those reports saying that the club didn't want to spend big because they wanted to save the money for the next manager if Benitez leaves so why were they lining up deals for Benitez didn't want and not knowing the next manager if Benitez leaves will want them or not?

Don't know, especially if they fall short this year, I'd back him to win a league there under their current owners.

Think his best team at Liverpool was better than the Liverpool team is now, and the points you need to win keeps getting higher the last few years

Either way, hope he gives us an idea before the end of the season, the man needs a proper send off, banners need to be made.

Also if he decides to go none of the Rafa Benitez we want u to stay songs he’s made his choice based on where this club is going under Ashley, he’s tried his absolute best to move the club forward but feels it’s a lost cause under the current ownership.

If he thinks that then so should every single match going fan and do something about it, BOYCOTT until Ashley is gone

Once bitten, twice shy.

He would be an absolute fool to stay.

Despite Ashley, this club has taken great steps during his tenure. We’re making progress. Maybe he feels that despite everything he can build something here and decides that it just might be worth it.

Once bitten, twice shy.

He would be an absolute fool to stay.

Despite Ashley, this club has taken great steps during his tenure. We’re making progress. Maybe he feels that despite everything he can build something here and decides that it just might be worth it.

The positive steps are all driven by Rafa and given a complete lack of support above him means we are about to hit the glass ceiling.

In the premier League if you don't spend millions you every year you are going backwards.

Also Rafa isn't a chump, he doesnt need us and his ambitions to build something more than a Sandcastle which is precisely what he would be building under Ashley's stewardship.

Can you imagine you`re an ambitious professional footballer spending time being coached by Rafa….then watching him walk as a consequence of club mismanagement, then coming to training one day to be faced with the likes of....

:pardsgrin: