Our Worst Manager Under Ashley

ChrisMcQuillan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don’t really buy the line that Pardew had the players to bail him out.

We’ve seen time and time again other good playing squads who either are not performing due to the managers tactics or who are mentally not there.

Therefore despite his many shortcomings and general unpopularity the other names on the list are not good enough to wipe his arse.

Kinnear and McClaren are worse than Bruce in my opinion.

1 (worst). Kinnear.

2. McClaren

3. Carver

4. Bruce

5. Pardew

6. Hughton

7. Keegan

8. Rafa

Leaving Shearer out, and Sam Allardyce as well.

I don’t really buy the line that Pardew had the players to bail him out.

We’ve seen time and time again other good playing squads who either are not performing due to the managers tactics or who are mentally not there.

Therefore despite his many shortcomings and general unpopularity the other names on the list are not good enough to wipe his arse.

Five points of relegation, with the quality of Colo, Cabaye, Ben Afra and Ba in the side. I beg to differ.

Thinking about it a bit more and from reading back through some posts on here.  McClaren has been let off lightly, I feel. 

Perhaps it is because he wasn't here long for hatred to start taking over.  Or because Rafa came straight in and then stayed on after relegation, so it kind of blurs it all out.  Maybe because he came in after Pardew and Carver and so we were all just happy that era was over.  I guess he also wasn't as unbearable as a personality compared to some of the other despicable cunts that have managed us. But whatever way you cut it, we were going down with a whimper under him and went on some long winless streaks, from memory.

He had a decent amount of money to spend at the time, especially for us.  We had some players that could often turn in decent individual performances, or who went on to achieve more elsewhere, for better clubs.  So it's unforgivable that he had us in a relegation scrap his whole time here.

McClaren the worst for me. Spent loads of cash and took a side with loads of quality to the brink.

Kinnear by far the most embarrassing name but would have kept us up without his health issues that season. We were drawing a lot and weren't taking many thrashings; it was the period of Hughton caretakership and the damp squib of Shearer that took us down that year.

Bruce very very shit but ahead of McClaren as he didn't relegate his side (yet).

Pardew biggest cunt but a better manager than the others.

Carver not even a manager, barely human.

Weird people remember finishing 5th under Pardew, but forget the following season where we nearly got relegated with a side that should have been pushing the European places.

Thank god we're not in Europe any more!

Was gonna say that. He resembles a Stone Age caveman more than he resembles a human. :lol:

Carver by a long shot. Just a shit cunt in every way even if he probably meant well in his head and wasn’t a vindictive lying piece of shit like Pardew or Bruce.

Carver was comfortably the worst manager, but my hatred for Pardew and Bruce is much greater.

:thup:

Kinnear’s management was just before my time as a supporter, so I’ll not rate him in that regard.

In terms of direness of quality on the pitch:

1. Carver

2. McClaren

3. Bruce

4. Pardew

In terms of pure, unadulterated shithousery:

1. Pardew

2. Kinnear (DoF)

3. Bruce

4. Carver

5. McClaren

McClaren  has to be higher  up the shithousery list, do you not remember  when Chelsea  hammered  us 5-0 he came on the tv smiling  from ear to ear after

Carver by a long shot. Just a shit cunt in every way even if he probably meant well in his head and wasn’t a vindictive lying piece of shit like Pardew or Bruce.

Carver was comfortably the worst manager, but my hatred for Pardew and Bruce is much greater.

:thup:

Kinnear’s management was just before my time as a supporter, so I’ll not rate him in that regard.

In terms of direness of quality on the pitch:

McClaren  has to be higher  up the shithousery list, do you not remember  when Chelsea  hammered  us 5-0 he came on the tv smiling  from ear to ear after

Just never got it right at all.  "Judge me after 7 games." *7 games later* "wait, haha, did I say 7? I meant 10. Judge me after 10 games." *3 games later* "Would you spot me 15? Just wait until 15 before deciding...."

McClaren the worst for me. Spent loads of cash and took a side with loads of quality to the brink.

Kinnear by far the most embarrassing name but would have kept us up without his health issues that season. We were drawing a lot and weren't taking many thrashings; it was the period of Hughton caretakership and the damp squib of Shearer that took us down that year.

Bruce very very shit but ahead of McClaren as he didn't relegate his side (yet).

Is this a commonly shared opinion? I can't say I am in agreement :lol:

Is this a commonly shared opinion? I can't say I am in agreement :lol:

Wasn't pretty or particularly pleasant, but he was well on target to keep us up. Did the basics enough to get some results that weren't total flukes unlike Bruce where players cant pass to each other if they're ahead of them on the pitch or more than 5 feet away

McClaren was just 100% the wrong person at the wrong time. The club was poison when he came in and he just isn't the personality to turn anything around

Pardew rode waves and then got too big for his boots and tried to be too clever far too often. Other than Rafa and Keegan no manager that we've had under Ashley would have taken his squad to 5th place though.

Carver, he was just Pardew's turd that wouldn't flush.

Bruce actually came in with the team in the best shape of any of Ashley's managers - other than maybe Allardyce

So you have Rafa, Keegan, Hughton who were qualified successes (as successful as could be under the regime but potential to have done better if circumstances allowed)

Big gap to Pardew

Gap to Kinnear

Swamp feeders of Carver, Allardyce and McLaren

Bruce

Bruce very very s*** but ahead of McClaren as he didn't relegate his side (yet).

Pardew biggest c*** but a better manager than the others.

I’m with this, I vote McLaren , fucking useless mind.

Carver was totally inept, barely can be called a manager.

Think has to be Mclaren of the supposed experienced managers, shocking and after not too bad a summer.

Kinnear obviously wasn't good but came into absolute chaos, reckon he'd probably have kept us up if he'd stayed on for season - I don't really blame him, or any manager that season, for the relegation like I would McClaren.

Don't make me rank them as can't bring myself to write Pardew/Bruce around the top.

I reckon Bruce is better. McClaren's been pretty consistently utter shite since Middlesbrough, bar an unremarkable season at Derby the year before us and his first spell at Twente. Bruce was getting Hull promoted for a second time while McClaren was wrecking us.

To put it this way, if I was a Championship club I'd think Bruce was a pretty good appointment, I wouldn't want McClaren.

Man ... Pardew was so rubbish and clueless, and his smarmy, arrogant, condescending manner just made the whole thing completely intolerable. Pretty difficult to top. Especially after that 5th place finish thanks to an outstanding team that he then went on to destroy single handedly.

Steve Bruce is equally rubbish and clueless, but is more of a pathetic figure just trying to blag it and cover his arse, which is pretty annoying too, but don't think it reaches Pardew levels.

Man ... Pardew was so rubbish and clueless, and his smarmy, arrogant, condescending manner just made the whole thing completely intolerable. Pretty difficult to top. Especially after that 5th place finish thanks to an outstanding team that he then went on to destroy single handedly.

Steve Bruce is equally rubbish and clueless, but is more of a pathetic figure just trying to blag it and cover his arse, which is pretty annoying too, but don't think it reaches Pardew levels.

It does - as a manager way worse

It does - as a manager way worse

Disagree though last night was probably the worst managerial performance I’ve seen from anyone.