Newcastle United 2-2 Manchester City - 30/11/19

Raconteur

Wish the Militant Mags would stop posting "Get In" when the other team scores and wishing we get beat by double figures.

It's so fucking boring.

Aye, I understand apathy or even antagonism towards the regime, but I can't get behind celebrating when the other team scores like. Even more so when it's one of the plastic, money clubs like City scoring.

Pretty much where I am.

It's very easy to celebrate (only a mental 'ha ha' for me, no jumping around) when you view the club as Sports Direct United rather than Newcastle United.

I sort of understand that perspective but it still seems odd to me to keep watching, if I legitimately wanted us to lose every week and no longer considered the team in black in white to represent Newcastle I think I'd probably give it a miss until I felt differently. To continue watching seems masochistic at best.

Because they do still care.its just uber cool to join the fucking morons in wanting us thrashed and say they dont care because it's what the cool kids do.ive no idea why if they hate the club so much they bother.They still watch though,they still know stats etc yet dont give a fuck  :lol:

:lol: Dear me.

How is it that hard to understand that the reason people want the club (in its current guise) to fail is because they care deeply about the club that used to exist before Ashley took over.

What people don't give a fuck about is Sports Direct United.

FWIW, I haven't watched a matched in years. I've got better things to do with my time. I enjoy coming on on here though for the craic, the community and the connection with home as I live in the Midlands now.

Oh I understand, it's the twatty attitude of folk giving it get in when the oppo score

So, I just went through the thread to count the overwhelming number of Militant Mags who said "get in" after City scored.

Let's see... when Sterling scored, precisely ZERO posters felt moved to say "Get in" or ANYTHING that could be remotely construed as cheering in the City goal.

When KDB scored his worldie, exactly ONE person said get in, and ONE other person quoted that post.

Which prompts me to ask to please fuck off with your Trumpian bullshit?

It was me who said get in, and I already clarified that I didn't want us to lose, although the lad who quoted me definitely does. I said get in purely because I thought we were shit and playing poor football, and to be quite honest, I am sick of it. We used to play good football, and we used to be a good football club. There was nothing militant about it, just fed up with where we are going - nowhere.

Van't help feeling that Gayle would be a far better option than Joelinton.  Three forwards with pace and stop lumping it up to the big man

We would just lump it to Gayle anyways and win even less balls up the top, unfortunately old Brucie doesn't know how to changed things for the better.

Watched the extended highlights and checked the stats.  Screams pure luck to have got out of that game with a point.

They've lost seven leagues game in one and half seasons and two of them were to us, aye we might have been lucky but you earn your luck and we've had some shite luck in the past.

Probably the same for most team like us who get something out of a game against them, you need to be lucky and take your chances if they miss theirs.

Van't help feeling that Gayle would be a far better option than Joelinton.  Three forwards with pace and stop lumping it up to the big man

We would just lump it to Gayle anyways and win even less balls up the top, unfortunately old Brucie doesn't know how to changed things for the better.

Did Gayle contribute anything different in his half hour? I keep seeing this (about Carroll too) but neither have came in and made me think we can take Joelinton out of the firing line now.

That's exactly what happened, Gayle ended up ludicrously jumping for long balls against 6ft plus defenders because that is how we play. I can't recall him getting a touch of the ball with his feet in 20 mins.

Watched the extended highlights and checked the stats.  Screams pure luck to have got out of that game with a point.

The stats are very, very similar to when we beat them last season.

Last season: 24% possession, 7 shots, 2 on target.

This season: 23% possession, 6 shots, 3 on target.

They've lost seven leagues game in one and half seasons and two of them were to us, aye we might have been lucky but you earn your luck and we've had some s**** luck in the past.

Probably the same for most team like us who get something out of a game against them, you need to be lucky and take your chances if they miss theirs.

We only beat them once last season?

Did Gayle contribute anything different in his half hour? I keep seeing this (about Carroll too) but neither have came in and made me think we can take Joelinton out of the firing line now.

I thought Joelinton came off too early, Fernandinho was struggling against him and Gayle isn't as physical as Joelinton. I thought Gayle looked unfit.

I thought Joelinton came off too early, Fernandinho was struggling against him and Gayle isn't as physical as Joelinton. I thought Gayle looked unfit.

Even if he was fit, he's not going to win many aerial battles with big centre halves. If we were going to continue humping the ball long and high then yes, we might as well have kept Joelinton on. Although he clearly doesn't like fighting for high balls either.

I dont even get the logic of it'll make Ashley sell if we go down. He'd specifically pick out someone like the Don, a chancer that he can control and take it back from if we came back up. Only way he ever relinquish control is if someone's prepared to overpay massively.

If you want us to lose, I don't get why you'd post in the match thread.

To me it's fucking bizarre.

It's not like. I used to post in the match threads when Pardew was manager, and I definitely wanted us to lose in the last year of his tenure. It made the game more interesting if anything. You wouldn't want to watch the game for the football entertainment, it was awful stuff.

No one's making excuses though, are they? Bad performances have rightly got plenty of criticism.

It's just this place is so partisan that apperantly if you dont just say every decent result is pure luck, you're a sympathiser.

Yeah I hated all those fans in the Souness era who wanted us to lose, the ones who actually went to the game. SAD!

Posting in match threads desperately wanting us to lose is sad. It's a simple point to grasp.

If I really wanted the Toon to lose, I wouldn't post in a match thread on a fan message board about how much I wanted them to lose.

Because I wouldn't want to look like an attention seeking moron.

Yeah I hated all those fans in the Souness era who wanted us to lose, the ones who actually went to the game. SAD!

Posting in match threads desperately wanting us to lose is sad. It's a simple point to grasp.

If I really wanted the Toon to lose, I wouldn't post in a match thread on a fan message board about how much I wanted them to lose.

Because I wouldn't want to look like an attention seeking moron.

How many people actually post in match threads wanting us to lose? There's one from what I recall, the toonarmy1892 fella.