Newcastle United 0-0 Brighton & Hove Albion

Greg

In case anyone hasn't read the quotes, here's what cabbage heed said about Rafa:

I’ve not tried not to change anything too much (from Benitez so far). We were far too open and tried to press the ball too far up the pitch and caused our own problems. We changed and it made us a little better.

Amazing considering Rafa had literally none of those issues when he was manager. Absolute bell end

:lol:

Wow, what a fucking cunt. A lying cunt at that too.

He can't use Rafa as an excuse for much longer. Be interesting to see what he tries next.

He may well end up with a better and more extensive list of excuses than even Pardew managed. Can't wait to hear the next one.

To be honest, the season is going as I would have liked.

Attendance have fallen evidently. You can put up the number of tickets sold up all you want but even that has fallen and will continue to fall.

Those who still go to the games are getting restless and booing the fuck out of the team like yesterday. I sure most will stop going if the shit show continues.

Summer signings have been wank so far. Saint-Maximin by far the most exciting yet is out injured. Joelinton is good but not bagging the goals. That Swedish cheese has been awful. Willems is ok but that's about it.

And what can we say about Bruce? He's Steve Bruce. Never been successful anywhere else so anyone who expected him to perform miracles were delusional.

We're stuck in the  bottom half of the table. Can't win at home, clueless, unimaginative, injury-hit, sham manager, out of the cup already. It's great for me to watch people like Luke Edwards grasping at some stupid stats while trying to protect Bruce and his team.

And Ashley is having a mare off the pitch too so hope this continues. Couldn't give a toss anymore. Seen Carroll come back so that's about my last interest about the club. Slept almost all of the second half when I came home last night. Woke up in the 87th minute when Carroll was already on. So slept through a pointless 2nd half of a match.

Agree fully with all of this. It's really cathartic to watch them all get exactly what they deserve.

It’s absolutely essential that Ashley’s strategy is proven wrong. Unfortunately that means NUFC have to lose as often as possible and the match day experience be as bad as it can possibly be.

I understand why fans can’t give it up but I hope it’s a really bad experience watching the team this season.

After half an hour, Newcastle midfielder Isaac Hayden approached head coach Steve Bruce on the touchline and, stating what was already abundantly clear to St James’ Park’s lowest home crowd since 2010, declared: ’This isn’t working

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Attendance have fallen evidently. You can put up the number of tickets sold up all you want but even that has fallen and will continue to fall.

Those who still go to the games are getting restless and booing the f*** out of the team like yesterday. I sure most will stop going if the s*** show continues.

Summer signings have been w*** so far. Saint-Maximin by far the most exciting yet is out injured. Joelinton is good but not bagging the goals. That Swedish cheese has been awful. Willems is ok but that's about it.

And what can we say about Bruce? He's Steve Bruce. Never been successful anywhere else so anyone who expected him to perform miracles were delusional.

We're stuck in the  bottom half of the table. Can't win at home, clueless, unimaginative, injury-hit, sham manager, out of the cup already. It's great for me to watch people like Luke Edwards grasping at some stupid stats while trying to protect Bruce and his team.

And Ashley is having a mare off the pitch too so hope this continues. Couldn't give a toss anymore. Seen Carroll come back so that's about my last interest about the club. Slept almost all of the second half when I came home last night. Woke up in the 87th minute when Carroll was already on. So slept through a pointless 2nd half of a match.

The first sentence.......yet you still renewed?

Where did I say I renewed?

Those who still go to the games are getting restless and booing the f*** out of the team like yesterday. I sure most will stop going if the s*** show continues.

Summer signings have been w*** so far. Saint-Maximin by far the most exciting yet is out injured. Joelinton is good but not bagging the goals. That Swedish cheese has been awful. Willems is ok but that's about it.

The first sentence.......yet you still renewed?

Where did I say I renewed?

You didn't I read it wrong.apols fella.

After half an hour, Newcastle midfielder Isaac Hayden approached head coach Steve Bruce on the touchline and, stating what was already abundantly clear to St James’ Park’s lowest home crowd since 2010, declared: ’This isn’t working

Bet he's loving playing under Brewcie eh?

Bet he's loving playing under Brewcie eh?

Of course. Instead of Rafa grilling each and every one of them why they failed and how to improve, they are all sat round a table with Bruce telling jokes this morning. Good laugh with him around, mood is so much better it doesn't even feel like we didn't win!

I went for a walk instead of following this shite. Decent walk too...would now recommend walks over watching NUFC.

I had the telly in the garden watching the games before this, was meant to take the bairns up to blyth to the in laws after the nufc match, watched about 2 mins of it and fucked it off :lol:

A blustery beach with the bairns and no coat is also recommended over watching sdfc.

What exactly was it that wasn't working though? Anyone know?!  That statement from Hayden suggests there was a plan, but i'm fucked if i know what it was.

What exactly was it that wasn't working though? Anyone know?!  That statement from Hayden suggests there was a plan, but i'm fucked if i know what it was.

Perhaps not having a plan wasn't working.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2019/09/top-player-refuses-to-follow-steve-bruce-happy-clapper-stance-when-asked-to-comment-on-brighton-newcastle-united-fabian-schar/

“We played a s… game – what can I say?

“We were lucky to get a point.

“We played a bad game – that is it.

“We move on to the next game but we have to improve on this.

“It’s a positive that the fans stayed with us but we need to do more for them in the home games.

“We need to play much better.

“Today was a really bad game for ourselves and that’s all I can really say.”

Well said :lol:

It's nice to see some players like Schar and Hayden showing that they have a basic concept of reality unlike most of the squad and management. Not surprised by his comments. He looked really frustrated during the game, rightfully so.

Won't take too long before the players get fed up with being criticised  and booed and then rebel in the dressing room.  It won't get rid of Bruce but it would be nice to see him suffer a bit more.  He looks like he is in the verge of a breakdown anyway so any little nudge will help

It was said time and time again when Bruce was confirmed that he would be out-thought by every other manager in the Premier League, and Saturday was a perfect example of it. Graham Potter gave Brighton a game plan and it worked.

We are arguably better in every position than Brighton and yet they played us off the park, because their manager is better tactically than SB.  Not the first time and it definitely isn't going to be the last.

There was no high press. None.  Whatsoever. 

It was pathetic. It gifted possession to Brighton and allowed them to get into the game.  I watched and I was stunned that we would so easily give all the momentum to Brighton.

Had we pressed from the start that was a game that coulda, woulda, shoulda been ours.