Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur - 11/08/18 @ 12.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I mean all the negativity on transfers aside and looking at it purely from a footballing perspective, we should be looking to win this and should be confident in doing so. I know it was a long time ago but hopefully the players and fans keep a bit of residual confidence from the Chelsea home game last season. It's a similar sort of occasion.

I mean all the negativity on transfers aside and looking at it purely from a footballing perspective, we should be looking to win this and should be confident in doing so. I know it was a long time ago but hopefully the players and fans keep a bit of residual confidence from the Chelsea home game last season. It's a similar sort of occasion.

Ashley has sapped a lot of the momentum and enthusiasm stemming from that Chelsea game, the fat twat. Agree with you though.

We will be playing Spurs reserves or a team made up of half fit players so 0-0 or maybe a flukey 1-0 win or maybe a devastating 5-0 defeat , I honestly can't call this and the way things are at the moment ,I really couldn't give a shit .

Ashley has sapped a lot of the momentum and enthusiasm stemming from that Chelsea game, the fat twat. Agree with you though.

No doubt. It's blind optimism on my part.

Honestly just so sick of the all the transfer stuff. I shouldn't but I still get a little bit hopeful every window only to have it cruelly extinguished in ever more creative and ludicrous ways. The game is played on the pitch at the end of the day, it'll be a relief to get the window shut and just on with it.

No doubt. It's blind optimism on my part.

Honestly just so sick of the all the transfer stuff. I shouldn't but I still get a little bit hopeful every window only to have it cruelly extinguished in ever more creative and ludicrous ways. The game is played on the pitch at the end of the day, it'll be a relief to get the window shut and just on with it.

Aye. :thup: Sick of the window, it's bollocks and always will be when the fat wanker remains.

If the Magpie Group/AO organise something, I'm on board though.

I reckon unless hell freezes over the WC players are going to start.

Lloris, Alderwiereld, Vertonghen, Trippier, Rose, Alli, Dembele, Dier & Kane havent played in any match since the WC

Add Eriksen, Son and Sanchez who have been in Spurs' pre-season and isnt that basically their whole (usual) team anyway? :lol: Only 3 of 'em with any sort of match fitness

Reckon they’ll go for the first half blitz given lack of fitness. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a draw. If Kane plays and gets any sort of positive reaction from our lot I’ll be sick.

We’ve made a few changes to the team, they’re exactly the same.

There can be a case to make that we deserved something from each of the fixtures against them last season. We definitely had chances at Wembley.

Normally I’d be positive going into a fixture like this but we’ve been so off the boil in pre season, it’s hard to see how things will suddenly click.

With them having key players injured or just coming back from the WC we should be looking at this game as a very possible 3 points, or at least a draw.

A shit transfer window, an unhappy Rafa, what seemed like an unfit squad, and the possibility of Ashley fucking us over again and selling Lascelles, well I’d be over the moon if we could snatch a draw.