Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Guest Howaythetoon

Prefer international football these days and enjoy watching England play. The Bulgaria match was the first I’ve seen all season!

The three in a row right at the beginning of the season is the only thing that bothers me. Destroys any ability for teams or leagues to gain momentum.

Remember that old international break right before the season started but after clubs had spent weeks in preseason? Genius whoever scheduled that.

I like international breaks now, easier to avoid the Premier League and better to follow the lower leagues.

I like international breaks , said no one ever

Used to be that way but don't mind them at all now. Quite like to see how England are coming along and a week without Sports Direct FC is always welcome.

Absolutely. Looking forward to the England game tonight.

Does anyone know why it's not at Wembley? Can't seem to find the answer after a fairly half-arsed Google.

Wembley isn’t selling out for games against smaller nations, people are sick of seeing empty seats. The FA relented and started doing tours of England again. Part of it is because Wembley is only allowed to have a capacity over 50k for a handful of events a year, and less England matches mean more full capacity events they can rent it out at. Also, they took the decision to have this game in Southampton at a time when they wanted to sell Wembley and needed to be able to justify doing so, so having games elsewhere is a way of justifying it.