Joelinton

Stifler

The real problem we're having here is that everything is being made easy for Joelinton. When Gayle &  Carroll came on especially Gayle, he looked annoyed, even with the goal he was fed up, reading his body language you might assume Gayle has had words about being behind a striker who isn't delivering? Why work your arse off back to fitness to sit behind a player who has played virtually every game and only managed 2 goals. Joelinton needs to spend time on the bench so he understands how to have desire and aggression to want to score and succeed as a player. If we continue to start him in every game no matter how he plays then its sending the wrong message. Obviously it boils down to Bruce and his relentless selection of the lad, but in fairness to the others it's not a good message and it will eventually piss players off that think they're worthy of playing.

Another poster did mention Joleinton and ASM share the same agent, I'm beginning to wonder if the amount of games Joelinton has been getting is to do with us signing ASM with part of the deal was that Joelinton had to play all games when fit or something stupid like that? Possibly daft theory, but why would Joelinton get so many games when he's not performing.

The real problem we're having here is that everything is being made easy for Joelinton. When Gayle &  Carroll came on especially Gayle, he looked annoyed, even with the goal he was fed up, reading his body language you might assume Gayle has had words about being behind a striker who isn't delivering? Why work your arse off back to fitness to sit behind a player who has played virtually every game and only managed 2 goals. Joelinton needs to spend time on the bench so he understands how to have desire and aggression to want to score and succeed as a player. If we continue to start him in every game no matter how he plays then its sending the wrong message. Obviously it boils down to Bruce and his relentless selection of the lad, but in fairness to the others it's not a good message and it will eventually piss players off that think they're worthy of playing.

Another poster did mention Joleinton and ASM share the same agent, I'm beginning to wonder if the amount of games Joelinton has been getting is to do with us signing ASM with part of the deal was that Joelinton had to play all games when fit or something stupid like that? Possibly daft theory, but why would Joelinton get so many games when he's not performing.

He's being asked to play a role that he's not really suited for.  He's never going to be the big lad up top who makes the ball stick and brings others in.

He's being asked to play a role that he's not really suited for.  He's never going to be the big lad up top who makes the ball stick and brings others in.

That aside, does he actually deserve to start every game regardless of position he should/shouldn't play, his contribution in all the minutes he's had doesn't reflect that from what I've seen. Is he immune from the bench?

Would you get fucked off if you were a professional footballer sat on the bench watching him not deliver? The point you're making makes it even more frustrating for an actual striker sat on the bench then, if Joelinton shouldn't be playing that role, and you can see that, I'm pretty sure a pro footballer can.

In another example, we drop ASM and start playing Joelinton in right or left inside forward, because a few people think from the Hoffenheim days hes a wing forward, now hes playing every game there and keeping ASM or Almiron out of the side,would people be moaning, 1 million percent they would.

Basically wherever a player should/shouldn't be playing,  if their is better placed players play them.

I don't give a shit what his prefferd position is, id be looking at what he offers me, dont get me wrong, I've absolutely nothing against him, and I think Bruce keep picking him and playing him up front is the problem. But the message is wrong like I said in the other post, it just tells Joelinton no matter how you play, you'll be in the starting line up next week.

Bruce keep picking him and playing him up front is the problem.

There it is.  I'd actually like to see ASM, Almiron and Joelinton played behind Carroll (for want of anyone better).  I think that could be quite a good combo.

Bruce keep picking him and playing him up front is the problem.

There it is.  I'd actually like to see ASM, Almiron and Joelinton played behind Carroll (for want of anyone better).  I think that could be quite a good combo.

You've just done a Tory :lol: (Matt Hancock), and skirted around what was said, Joelinton keeping ASM or Almiron out? Not them three behind Carroll.

Although that would be interesting.

I reckon our scouts went out trying to find a natural successor to Shola and ended up finding Joelinton.

Apart from the former actually kicked the ball at the goal once in a while. Joelinton gets into the box and immediately QWOPs.

He is just too much of a luxury when he offers nothing in or near the box other than playing hot potato and trying to get rid of the ball as soon as he can. How can a Striker be so petrified to attack? Really solid performance otherwise but without doing what he was bought to do and the basic job of a striker he is a bit pointless. Just lacks any killer instinct.

Guest godzilla

Personally thought he was our worst player by a mile, he keeps tripping over his feet just about every time he gets the ball

I thought he was fine enough today, however he attacks with no intent or belief. I think it's going to take him a long while to fully believe in himself. The takeover, if it happens and he stays could be good for him and he's afforded the chance to play without pressure.

I thought he was fine enough today, however he attacks with no intent or belief. I think it's going to take him a long while to fully believe in himself. The takeover, if it happens and he stays could be good for him and he's afforded the chance to play without pressure.

Strong chance Bacon's light touch and letting the players be isn't his thing, might need a more detailed manager to push and direct him.

How have we managed to find the only brazilian who's fucking hopeless in football, watching him play makes my blood boil.

I can't believe how poor he is.  Yet some on here swear "there is a player in there somewhere".  Beggars belief what they are watching!

Guest godzilla

How have we managed to find the only brazilian who's f***ing hopeless in football, watching him play makes my blood boil.

I can't believe how poor he is.  Yet some on here swear "there is a player in there somewhere".  Beggars belief what they are watching!

He is terrible no doubt about that, offers absolutely nothing and loses the ball time and time again.