Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Anyone think the PL might be getting twitchy. If their stalling and refusal to make a decision on the ODT results in Newcastle going down and they are found to have acted improperly then it could end up in a hell of a lawsuit

Surely they could just say there was nothing to stop us sacking the useless clown and appointing a competent manager regardless?

Nah there’s no stalling anymore. We will likely hear one way or another soon imo.

If that’s the case Bruce will be gone soon anyway or it’ll not matter anyway as the club will be fucked anyway

Anyone think the PL might be getting twitchy. If their stalling and refusal to make a decision on the ODT results in Newcastle going down and they are found to have acted improperly then it could end up in a hell of a lawsuit

The decision to employ an incompetent manager lies with Ashley, not the PL. Can't pin that one on them unfortunately.

The decision to employ an incompetent manager lies with Ashley, not the PL. Can't pin that one on them unfortunately.

I get that but he wants to sell and they won’t allow it.

Nah there’s no stalling anymore. We will likely hear one way or another soon imo.

If that’s the case Bruce will be gone soon anyway or it’ll not matter anyway as the club will be fucked anyway

If we get sold, our best info says Bruce will be gone quickly.

If we don’t get sold, and the league position is in contention, then Ma will likely sack him (too late) and who tf knows will replace him.

You get the feeling we’re at the crossroads of prosperity and doom.

More evidence for De Marco and co to show our takeover was subjected to far stricter scrutiny than any previous.

I would have thought the government would have pushed for them to accept the bid.  Premier league went to them....

More evidence for De Marco and co to show our takeover was subjected to far stricter scrutiny than any previous.

I would have thought the government would have pushed for them to accept the bid.  Premier league went to them....

Agreed.

I think they would, but the point is why did they feel they had to go to them. It’s meant to be a confidential process and if scrutiny of our takeover has been shown to be different to others, it all plays into the narrative that we have been treat differently.

I think they would, but the point is why did they feel they had to go to them. It’s meant to be a confidential process and if scrutiny of our takeover has been shown to be different to others, it all plays into the narrative that we have been treat differently.

I expect to tell them that they are going to reject the bid and wanted to explain why (Piracy) or get more info on the buyers.  Also we probably have been treated differently but I can't think of any club being bought while at the same time running an illegal sports stations that steals games. 

I expect to tell them that they are going to reject the bid and wanted to explain why (Piracy) or get more info on the buyers.  Also we probably have been treated differently but I can't think of any club being bought while at the same time running an illegal sports stations that steals games. 

I'm still confused by this. Is it PIF that are illegally streaming games? Is this still going on?

That’s the issue we are led to believe why this all stalled. The Premier League are trying to link PIF with those governmental officials that supported the piracy (state sponsored acts) off their product and PIF argue they are a separate entity

I'm still confused by this. Is it PIF that are illegally streaming games? Is this still going on?

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2020/6/16/explainer-the-piracy-case-against-saudis-beoutq-channel

Think we all know if the Saudis wanted to shut it down they could.

That’s the issue we are led to believe why this all stalled. The Premier League are trying to link PIF with those governmental officials that supported the piracy (state sponsored acts) off their product and PIF argue they are a separate entity

PIF stated they had provided the proof that they were a separate entity, and it is this aspect that I feel De Marco will be able to prove (again) in the Legal Action (not the arbitration) should it end up in court.

The Public Investment Fund (PIF) was established in 1971 as the sovereign wealth fund of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The fund’s objective is to provide financial support for projects and investments aligned with the strategic expansion of the Kingdom’s economy through the expansion and creation of new sectors.

Does not sound unlinked to me.... But I trust in De Marco

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2020/6/16/explainer-the-piracy-case-against-saudis-beoutq-channel

Think we all know if the Saudis wanted to shut it down they could.

Probably could have but its still got nothing to do with PIF. Separate legal entity which is what do marco is trying to prove.

It’s as unlinked as Man City’s ownership is to their government

They changed the rules after that

Then citeh owners should be forced to sell. It states that the test is applied to every club every season.