Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

The Mauriss deal would get us closer to better owners than keeping Ashley now that the Saudis bid is done. And by that I mean any good owners will find it easier to buy from Mauriss than Ashley.

That’s based on absolutely nothing other than surely he can’t be as thick skinned and difficult to deal with as Ashley surely.

Mauriss isn’t interested nor Has the funds. He’s got links to Qatar and has allowed his name to be linked with us so Qatar can object to the deal and say that we have an alternative.

The Mauriss deal would get us closer to better owners than keeping Ashley now that the Saudis bid is done. And by that I mean any good owners will find it easier to buy from Mauriss than Ashley.

That’s based on absolutely nothing other than surely he can’t be as thick skinned and difficult to deal with as Ashley surely.

Mauriss isn’t interested nor Hans the funds. He’s got links to Qatar and has allowed his name to be linked with us so Qatar can object to the deal and say that we have an alternative.

Not that's there's any evidence to support, but Qatar could really piss on KSA chips if they came in and bought us :naughty:

Interesting. Roma fans have turned on him, but from the article below it sounds like he's got some sense and isn't completely clueless. Would be a decent compromise to this entire debacle.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-james-pallotta-billionaire-friend-17588465

Would rather trust the fans, a newspaper could easily spin Ashley to be a decent owner

Mauriss isn’t interested nor Hans the funds. He’s got links to Qatar and has allowed his name to be linked with us so Qatar can object to the deal and say that we have an alternative.

That's a shame, i like the sound of Hans the Funds.  Good Welsh name for a rich lad.

Interesting. Roma fans have turned on him, but from the article below it sounds like he's got some sense and isn't completely clueless. Would be a decent compromise to this entire debacle.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-james-pallotta-billionaire-friend-17588465

Would rather trust the fans, a newspaper could easily spin Ashley to be a decent owner

Yeah, that's fair I guess.

Just so sick of Ashley man. So difficult following the team with the rubbish people he keeps putting in charge.

Guest reefatoon

No thanks to Pallotta, he doesn’t bomb Yemen, lash women, hack up journalists or illegally stream football.

Guest reefatoon

No thanks to Pallotta, he doesn’t bomb Yemen, lash women, hack up journalists or illegally stream football.

Tbf i only do two of those.

Good enough for us horrible Newcastle fans, lob an offer in lad.

Tbf i only do two of those.

Good enough for us horrible Newcastle fans, lob an offer in lad.

If only i could.

Is that fella that bad, 5th in league and won their last 4 i think.

I've no doubt he'd be better than Ashley.

Mojo's bang on that they could clear this up themselves fairly simply like, although I suspect the PL are just too scared to say that Saudi Arabia walked away because they weren't going to pass the test, despite that being the most likely scenario

I envy those in here who never wanted this to go through. Imagine not being gutted about the whole mess? Bliss. 

Imagine thinking Mauriss or some other PL approved owner will actually make much difference. The main hope with PIF was that they would have the will and resources to go straight for the top. What will Mauriss or Pallotta's ambition be other than to turn a profit? Finish 10th maybe?

Luke Edwards still prattling on.

Can he just do his fucking job and go and find out exactly who mauriss is for a start? People are laying into him because as per he sticks a petty comment on the end of a normally valid point to provoke people.

I'm honestly glad I'm not on Twitter or I'd probably be getting visits off the police :lol: