NUFC History - Matchday Experiences/Memories - Those Were The Days Thread

NG32

was thinking about great comebacks after the Norwich game.

Fulham 83' Anybody?

Think It was Gimps first match- 1-2 down going into stoppage time and won 3-2. Wild scenes :lol: remeber a fat bloke on his back with his arms and legs all sticking up in the  air going mental. the giant roll-arounds that happened when there was terraces :lol:

Promotion at the end of that season anarl, hopefully a happy Omen.

So many good memories from that promotion, Huddersfield away when we got the point that assured we went up was crazy 3 sides of the ground was black and white.

Being about 12 when we won away to West Ham 2-4, Shearer and Owen tearing it up. Main memory is being in my glory with a black and white Santa hat on singing "All I Want For Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey at HT along with loads of other people around me :blush: It was a quality atmosphere during the game aswell. A week before Christmas I think it was!

Darren Ambrose giving us the lead at Old Trafford is another moment I will never forget. Absolute scenes in the away end! But we all know what happened after..

Being about 12 when we won away to West Ham 2-4, Shearer and Owen tearing it up. Main memory is being in my glory with a black and white Santa hat on singing "All I Want For Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey at HT along with loads of other people around me :blush: It was a quality atmosphere during the game aswell. A week before Christmas I think it was!

Darren Ambrose giving us the lead at Old Trafford is another moment I will never forget. Absolute scenes in the away end! But we all know what happened after..

17 December 2005 that was. Remember it well my first away game on my own just me and a mate. Got the back page bus down

17 December 2005 that was. Remember it well my first away game on my own just me and a mate. Got the back page bus down

I was probably on the same bus then as I would've got it with my dad!

Remember my first away game with a mate we went to Reading on Back Page. Sat and played him on GTA/FIFA on the PSP all the way down :lol: Emre curled a free kick and I think it was Michael Duberry scored an own goal.

Jones ended up in goal against us one game as well didn't he? :lol:

6-1 after Segers (I think) got sent off. Was at the Gallowgate end and he was getting it tight but he made a couple of realy god saves.

Vinny was brilliant that day the way he played to the crowd. Definitely an actor in the making.

Get your memories in here.  :lol:

I was at the match in 1988/89 (I think) when we played Wimbledon in the FA, where Vinny Jones grabbed gazza by the nads.  I always remember the incident at the end of the match where Mirandina ran up and flying kicked David Beasent in the back.  :lol:

The still had the fences up then, I remember my old man raging at Vinny Jones through the fence.  :lol:

That was the year Wimbledon went on to win the cup.

Did they both happen in the same match ? For some reason thought they were separate games.

Game when Mira attacked Beasant was sold out but Gallowgate was way past given capacity, sure it was pre Hillsborough.

My first game was a 1-0 win over Tranmere Rovers on 10th October 1992, I'd just turned 8. That win made it 10/10 wins at the start of the 1992/93 season.

David Kelly scored the goal.

7,000 locked out that day. Every match after that was all ticket. Remember the panic when they locked the gates at the Gallowgate with 1000s legging it round to the Leazes as word went round that there was still a bit of space in there as we stood there smug watching them all because we had our season tickets.

Guest neesy111

1st game was in the old milburn paddock vs Royal Antwerp in the UEFA cup 1st round 2nd leg.  Won 5-2.  Cole Hat-trick, Lee, Beardsley and 10-2 on aggregate.

Remember us doing a mexican wave and conceded 2 goals after.

My first game was a 1-0 win over Tranmere Rovers on 10th October 1992, I'd just turned 8. That win made it 10/10 wins at the start of the 1992/93 season.

7,000 locked out that day. Every match after that was all ticket. Remember the panic when they locked the gates at the Gallowgate with 1000s legging it round to the Leazes as word went round that there was still a bit of space in there as we stood there smug watching them all because we had our season tickets.

only home game i missed that season was bristol city at home, due to being locked out 12-30 ffs.

tried to get in their end- policemen asked me which part of Bristol I was from, I said--'ermm City? ':lol:  He actually told me to fuck off. :lol:

One of my earliest memories is us losing against Chelsea in a penalty shootut in January of 96. I can also vaguely remember Halmstads and Ferencvaros later on that year. We demolished both of them with Ginola scoring THAT goal against Ferencvaros. I genuinely thought we were one of the best teams in the world because we were able to beat teams from Sweden and Hungary :lol:

More recently the 4-3 against Man Utd with Robert scoring the free kick and Keane swinging a punch at Shearer was pretty epic in terms of the atmosphere throughout the game.

I remember that one well. I was 6 and I adored Peter Beardsley, and the game was on his birthday, I believe (or around it at least). I was absolutely devastated that he missed a penalty and I cried. I then drew pictures of the players and sent to St James's for him to cheer him up as a birthday present.

edit:

it was the night before his birthday

There were actually a few really fun away nights in the first half of that depressing Sounness season. That one was great, seeing Owen and Shearer together felt special.  There was also Blackburn away when they both scored, Owen got his first and a great second half 3-0 at West Brom.

I was at the match in 1988/89 (I think) when we played Wimbledon in the FA, where Vinny Jones grabbed gazza by the nads.  I always remember the incident at the end of the match where Mirandina ran up and flying kicked David Beasent in the back.  :lol:

The still had the fences up then, I remember my old man raging at Vinny Jones through the fence.  :lol:

Did they both happen in the same match ? For some reason thought they were separate games.

Game when Mira attacked Beasant was sold out but Gallowgate was way past given capacity, sure it was pre Hillsborough.

They were two separate matches. The Vinny/Gazza incident was at Plough lane in the league earlier in the season, but the Mirandinha/Beasant one was up here in the FA Cup 3rd round - that was my first ever match too, went in the corner with my older cousin.

Another good one from that season, was Chelsea at home, not long after that Wimbledon game. We won 3-1, with Gazza scoring and 2 from Mirandinha. He was being subbed, and didn't want to go off, as he was on a hattrick.. players having to usher him off. Never seen the goals from that game since, and they've never turned up on YT or on that Facebook page that cover those years.

O0

only home game i missed that season was bristol city at home, due to being locked out 12-30 ffs.

tried to get in their end- policemen asked me which part of Bristol I was from, I said--'ermm City? ':lol:  He actually told me to f*** off. :lol:

:lol:

1. first match = leicester home 1-4. think lineker got one for them, and pedro for us. waddle was leaving the club and got some stick. "pedro would never leave us" me and my mates were saying.

2. wettest match. sunderland 1-2. the gullit match. p*ssed down, no roof on milburn. we were losing and i couldnt be arsed going to the loo so just sat there and p*ssed myself. was that drenched anyway, no one noticed.

3. best away match. leeds 4-3 from 1-3 down, just managed to get there in time for kick as had been snowing.so emotional when solano scored, never screamed as much and was nearly in tears.

4. still can't get over it match. 0-1 and out on pens to partizan in champions league qualifier.

Jones ended up in goal against us one game as well didn't he? :lol:

6-1 after Segers (I think) got sent off. Was at the Gallowgate end and he was getting it tight but he made a couple of realy god saves.

Vinny was brilliant that day the way he played to the crowd. Definitely an actor in the making.

He deliberately dropped his gloves while trying to put them on to a massive cheer of derision from the Gallowgate but he was all smiles and, as I said, he made a couple of really good stops, including a full-length flying job that was going top corner that he palmed over - any 'keeper would have been proud of that.

He's obviously a totally shit actor but I think many people viewed him differently after that stint in goal.

1st game was in the old milburn paddock vs Royal Antwerp in the UEFA cup 1st round 2nd leg.  Won 5-2.  Cole Hat-trick, Lee, Beardsley and 10-2 on aggregate.

Remember us doing a mexican wave and conceded 2 goals after.

Was my first game too. Remember being very back row of the Milburn. Absolutely class.

2. wettest match. sunderland 1-2. the gullit match. p*ssed down, no roof on milburn. we were losing and i couldnt be arsed going to the loo so just sat there and p*ssed myself. was that drenched anyway, no one noticed.

;D

They were two separate matches. The Vinny/Gazza incident was at Plough lane in the league earlier in the season, but the Mirandinha/Beasant one was up here in the FA Cup 3rd round - that was my first ever match too, went in the corner with my older cousin.

Another good one from that season, was Chelsea at home, not long after that Wimbledon game. We won 3-1, with Gazza scoring and 2 from Mirandinha. He was being subbed, and didn't want to go off, as he was on a hattrick.. players having to usher him off. Never seen the goals from that game since, and they've never turned up on YT or on that Facebook page that cover those years.

O0

:thup:

Wettest match - at home to Oxford in 1991. Match was called off at HT (should have never been allowed to start) with the score at 1-1. Absolutely soaked along with 13000 others that were there. :( I was also at the Bournemouth cup tie in 1992 (the first one) that was postponed to due pea soup fog. Couldn't see the Leazes End, from the Scoreboard and could barely see the Milburn too. :(

Definitely the gayest away day story I've ever heard.