Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

So I am the most relaxed about the takeover happening in a long while.  I think it will be Thursday next week (28th) when the announcement is made (just a hunch).  Most of the papers are either quiet or aligned to the takeover happening.  I wonder if the mail/times will do one more scare story for the Sunday headlines, just to get the clicks etc?

Anyway, this time next week we will hopefully have new owners and are recovering from the 'cans' extravagance of the past few days.  Really looking forward to hearing Amanda speak and start to share some plans for the future!!

Haway the Lads!

Cant wait to hear what she has to say. The first questions I would love to ask her is, why Newcastle and why she didn't give up and go after another club. I think she would have been within her rights to after Ashley called her out as a time waster.

Why not us? 8-9th most successful team in England and an owner open to offers. She went for Liverpool originally but owners were difficult to deal with.

Honestly think a lot of people don't appreciate how much of an impact Newcastle has on those who live further inland. It's just like the total opposite of London, not just in geography, but in general outlook. That's not to diss London either, plenty of people love it, and it's the capital city for a reason, but Newcastle has a bit more of a local feel to it.

Amanda probably has a lot of affinity for Liverpool because it is very tribal in a lot of ways, and Newcastle is similar. If you want to build a special football club which will have clout all around the world, Newcastle is as good as any for many reasons which we've been over before.

I’m not sure Amanda would have had an affinity with Liverpool the city. She lived in North Yorkshire, and went to school in York. Any affinity to a city she had would have likely been York, Leeds, or Harrogate.

I think she may have been or at least claimed to have been a Liverpool fan because she grew up during a time when they were the biggest team. If she was a football fan and not getting involved because it opens up business dealings to her then her affinity would likely have been limited to just following the football club from a far.

In saying this I don’t believe she has an affinity to Newcastle as a location either. She may very well be aware of culture up here due to her proximity and general research she would do before getting involved. None of this actually matters so long as she actually understands this and is actually wanting to buy into it.

With London having Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and West Ham, its hard for any one of them to have a special feel about them and none of them really eclipse the others totally.

You talk about he North East and it's only really us with that presence and where that's been nothing to really cheer about last 10 years, we're going to be absolutely giant within a couple of years.

So I am the most relaxed about the takeover happening in a long while.  I think it will be Thursday next week (28th) when the announcement is made (just a hunch).  Most of the papers are either quiet or aligned to the takeover happening.  I wonder if the mail/times will do one more scare story for the Sunday headlines, just to get the clicks etc?

Anyway, this time next week we will hopefully have new owners and are recovering from the 'cans' extravagance of the past few days.  Really looking forward to hearing Amanda speak and start to share some plans for the future!!

Haway the Lads!

Cant wait to hear what she has to say. The first questions I would love to ask her is, why Newcastle and why she didn't give up and go after another club. I think she would have been within her rights to after Ashley called her out as a time waster.

Why not us? 8-9th most successful team in England and an owner open to offers. She went for Liverpool originally but owners were difficult to deal with.

Honestly think a lot of people don't appreciate how much of an impact Newcastle has on those who live further inland. It's just like the total opposite of London, not just in geography, but in general outlook. That's not to diss London either, plenty of people love it, and it's the capital city for a reason, but Newcastle has a bit more of a local feel to it.

Amanda probably has a lot of affinity for Liverpool because it is very tribal in a lot of ways, and Newcastle is similar. If you want to build a special football club which will have clout all around the world, Newcastle is as good as any for many reasons which we've been over before.

I’m not sure Amanda would have had an affinity with Liverpool the city. She lived in North Yorkshire, and went to school in York. Any affinity to a city she had would have likely been York, Leeds, or Harrogate.

I think she may have been or at least claimed to have been a Liverpool fan because she grew up during a time when they were the biggest team. If she was a football fan and not getting involved because it opens up business dealings to her then her affinity would likely have been limited to just following the football club from a far.

In saying this I don’t believe she has an affinity to Newcastle as a location either. She may very well be aware of culture up here due to her proximity and general research she would do before getting involved. None of this actually matters so long as she actually understands this and is actually wanting to buy into it.

Maybe affinity is the wrong word then. As I said, I think the attraction of clubs like Newcastle and Liverpool is also because the attitude is a bit more tribal here. Even some clubs in London have a similar feel, such as West Ham, but clubs like that have an off-putting cockney spiv feel about them.

Newcastle is a one club city, it stands apart from the rest. I think the Saudi link will actually see an explosion of interest in the city around the world if the club becomes successful. While Amanda isn't a Geordie herself, she might very well be attracted to it for the same reasons another Yorkshireman once was, our very own KK. It's a football city. Where else would you want to build a football club to represent your ideals?

His last comment is a little concerning, it suggests they haven’t even got round to dealing with the issues yet.

It's almost like what I said 2 weeks ago about it been sat in a folder largely untouched on a desk whilst they work on project restart is right. This one is going to run and run.

Expect it to still be running into mid June at least 

Guest reefatoon

What a fucking pointless interview and questions, only put out to try and piss on the takeover again. Some people are fucking gagging for this to fail.

The issues are

A) are they linked to the piracy allegations?

B) are the human rights allegations enough to stop it?

C) is there a conflict of interest with the Sheffield United director?

It can't take long to work them 3 key questions out I know. I mean the human rights issues are well known and publicised so it can't take them long to work out whether that's a deal breaker for starters.

His last comment is a little concerning, it suggests they haven’t even got round to dealing with the issues yet.

It's almost like what I said 2 weeks ago about it been sat in a folder largely untouched on a desk whilst they work on project restart is right. This one is going to run and run. Expect it to still be running into late mid June at least 

Can they just do that though when you've got £300m plus riding on it? No sympathy for Ashley, but say for example he was waiting for this money to help stabilise his other businesses during this time, they can't just put it on the back burner because they don't know when football is going to restart? Same from a buyer perspective. They'll want to get cracking on hunting out new staff, players, facilities, etc.

It's almost like what I said 2 weeks ago about it been sat in a folder largely untouched on a desk whilst they work on project restart is right. This one is going to run and run. Expect it to still be running into late mid June at least 

Can they just do that though when you've got £300m plus riding on it? No sympathy for Ashley, but say for example he was waiting for this money to help stabilise his other businesses during this time, they can't just put it on the back burner because they don't know when football is going to restart? Same from a buyer perspective. They'll want to get cracking on hunting out new staff, players, facilities, etc.

It appears they have though to me. Which is why this will still be unresolved in 2/3 weeks time despite people thinking it is imminent. I'd love it to go through this week but it's just not going to happen.

It appears they have though to me. Which is why this will still be unresolved in 2/3 weeks time despite people thinking it is imminent. I'd love it to go through this week but it's just not going to happen.

What a fucking pessimist you are, all your posts continually try and throw a wet blanket on the takeover.

Guest reefatoon

I mean look at the way he wrote his headline. He could have just said “I was able to ask some takeover related questions the blah de blah, but no, he went with, “can the premier league really let this highly controversial takeover go through” absolutely gagging he is for it to go tits up. Probably offered to suck him off Behind the shed if he called it off.

I see nufc Twitter has used these total non-comments as a reason to go into meltdown. Trying to get anything from what he said there is totally pointless. The league haven't made any comment this entire time he's not about to giveaway where they are in the process suddenly.

What a f***ing pessimist you are, all your posts continually try and throw a wet blanket on the takeover.

I'm not a pessimist. A realist. I've been refreshing this page for 6 weeks almost non stop and thinking of nothing else. I take my dogs for a walk and it's all I can think of. I'm desperate.

However, it  doesn't matter how much I or we want it to happen this week when in reality that's likely not going to be the case. It's pointless people getitng worked up for a certain date then being dissapointed as it passes with no news like the other weeks have.

They have clearly not even made much progress with this as I have said. Nothing I have said so far has been proven wrong and when this is still rumbling on in 2 weeks time it suggests that this is the case.

I prefer to hang on the comment of the tests "they are what they are for all to see" as in you may not like it but you can only judge on the test we have which hasn't thrown up issues as reported. Yes we may see the test change off the back of our takeover but still confident.

Guest godzilla

What a f***ing pessimist you are, all your posts continually try and throw a wet blanket on the takeover.

I'm not a pessimist. A realist. I've been refreshing this page for 6 weeks almost non stop and thinking of nothing else. I take my dogs for a walk and it's all I can think of. I'm desperate.

However, it  doesn't matter how much I or we want it to happen this week when in reality that's likely not going to be the case. It's pointless people getitng worked up for a certain date then being dissapointed as it passes with no news like the other weeks have.

They have clearly not even made much progress with this as I have said.

Honestly man  :crazy2: ;D