Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

He needs to add goals to be worth his spot, he works hard and can put in a decent cross, but his lack of pace restricts his threat out wide. If he was banging a few in regularly you could overlook it.

With Atsu and Murphy the only people banging on the door I don't think he has to many worries.

I should have added long term to that tbf, he's obviously worth his spot right now, but he does need to be contributing more goals. I know Murphy is a let down whenever he plays, but there is a player in there potentially. Perhaps he might grow into one. Or alternatively grow a pair and start having a go.

Whatever formation that removes the need to play Dummett is good for me, like. Was impressed that we looked like a footballing side on Monday and had players that were not shit scared of the ball.

Ritchie is an intelligent player, and it that regard I think he’s a better fit for LWB role in a defensive 5 given the other options we have.

Think we’d be far better off with a decent number 10 in that system too.

Whatever formation that removes the need to play Dummett is good for me, like. Was impressed that we looked like a footballing side on Monday and had players that were not s*** scared of the ball.

Ritchie is an intelligent player, and it that regard I think he’s a better fit for LWB role in a defensive 5 given the other options we have.

Dummett's been good for us.  As long as we use him as a full back and not a wing back, he's fine.  We might as well forget about wing play anyway because our wingers are awful.

Whatever formation that removes the need to play Dummett is good for me, like. Was impressed that we looked like a footballing side on Monday and had players that were not shit scared of the ball.

:thup:

Whatever formation that removes the need to play Dummett is good for me, like. Was impressed that we looked like a footballing side on Monday and had players that were not s*** scared of the ball.

Dummett's been good for us.  As long as we use him as a full back and not a wing back, he's fine.  We might as well forget about wing play anyway because our wingers are awful.

At defending Dummett is ok but the modern day full back (especially in the premier league) requires far more going forward and unfortunately he is badly lacking in this area.

At defending Dummett is ok but the modern day full back (especially in the premier league) requires far more going forward and unfortunately he is badly lacking in this area.

Which is great, but we haven't got any modern day full backs in the squad. We also haven't any AMs or a 10 who are PL standard, wingers who can beat a man and we only have one striker of PL standard. It would be a mistake to spend transfer funds on a LB when we are totally inadequate in at least 4 positions. At least Dummett does the basics of his position, which is more than can be said of others.

Which is great, but we haven't got any modern day full backs in the squad. We also haven't any AMs or a 10 who are PL standard, wingers who can beat a man and we only have one striker of PL standard. It would be a mistake to spend transfer funds on a LB when we are totally inadequate in at least 4 positions. At least Dummett does the basics of his position, which is more than can be said of others.

I would say left back is a very key role mind especially in modern football - I agree we do need all those positions filled still doesn't take away the fact that Dummett should be replaced as soon as possible also.

Didn’t agree with him coming straight back in the side. But Rafa obviously trusts him and likes his graft.

He’s just one of many ‘nothing’ players that we have. If we stay up, it will be through hard work, grinding games out and probably relying on teams being worse than us. Such a lack of quality all round.

Anyone hear him shout to the East stand yesterday "shut up you fucking bellends" after the crowd groaned because he passed backwards. Sky picked it up and apologised for the language.

:lol:

To be fair i think exactly the same thing when that happens.  It’s one of the most irritating things about our home support.

Anyone hear him shout to the East stand yesterday "shut up you fucking bellends" after the crowd groaned because he passed backwards. Sky picked it up and apologised for the language.

:lol:

To be fair i think exactly the same thing when that happens.  It’s one of the most irritating things about our home support.

And it's a loooooooong list.

Guest firetotheworks

That's mint if Ritchie said that, like. :lol: Fair enough when it's coming from a player like Ritchie imo, you could never accuse him of being thin-skinned, being intimidated, or hiding.

Bloke behind me in that stand was blasting Perez after he was elbowed. 'Get up you fucking cunt, there's nowt wrong with you Perez, man'. These are the same people who shouted at my dad whilst we were doing the 11 minute walk in 'that's done a lot, they're 1-0 up now'. Some of them are so fucking thick. Have to restrain myself from bursting into a swearing tirade against them in front of everyone. :lol: