Most entertaining team?

summerof69

So personally, I consider KK’s entertainers the most entertaining team of all time. Obviously there have been better teams, with better players, that have scored more goals. However I still hold a candle for kks side.

Anyway I was wondering if as a forum we can come to an agreement on the most watchable team of all time. With the thought being after a few pages of suggestions we get a poll going?

Couldn't possibly guess for all time but I think when Klopp's Dortmund started winning titles and his manic counter pressing was still kind of new. I know it wasn't and was plenty of precedents but it was refreshing after everyone was just trying to calmly keep the ball like Guardiola's Barca did . Obviously now we're so used to everyone doing it it's kinda got a little dull (I also realise i mainly watched them in europe, not really full Bundesliga matches)

I liked Arsenal under Wenger when they had Henry and Bergkamp up front.

Not sure if nostalgia but I remember that era of Arsenal having the quickest counter attacking transition; it was like the whole team instantly uncompressed upfield at once.

Might be a bit contentious but Man U had a couple of seasons where they were incredible to watch as well as being able to grind the wins out. It was somewhere around the Rooney, Ronaldo, Berbatov era.

The most impressive counter attacking team i've ever seen was Mourinho's Real Madrid (at their best) Now obviously not entertaining so shouldn't be here but they were ridiculous making corners won against them into almost more dangerous for the opposition than for themselves

Might be a bit contentious but Man U had a couple of seasons where they were incredible to watch as well as being able to grind the wins out. It was somewhere around the Rooney, Ronaldo, Berbatov era.

It was around the same era, but I loved this goal from Man United against Arsenal in the Champions League semi finals a few years ago.

It was around the same era, but I loved this goal from Man United against Arsenal in the Champions League semi finals a few years ago.

He started off the move brilliantly with a backheel too but it still irritates me Ronaldo running off to make it all about him, not you know thanking Rooney for the perfect assist that gave him an open goal (edit: on rewatching still had to beat teh keeper I suppose)

That era man u were very good to watch to be honest, never seemed to have to labour to score goals and seemed insulated from all tactical trends. I do wonder though if at that point half the teams in the league just rolled over for them cos the manager wanted a nice chat with fergie over some wine after

In a totally different era, Liverpool had a fair few teams in the 80s that were unbelievable to watch and stand out to me as it was when I first started watching the game. Particularly in that era of muddy, heavy pitches and predominantly long-ball, they had some brilliant teams around 78-84. Best I saw though was probably 87/88, slightly biased as Beardsley was a big part of that team. Watched them first-hand beat the toon 4-1 at St James and 4-0 at Anfield. Think they only lost 2 games that season.

2 of Arsenal’s sides stick out for me.  The one that won the double in ‘98 with Anelka, Petit and Overmars.  Then the one a few years later with Pires, Henry, Ljungberg etc.  Both class to watch and very physical sides aswell.  As much as i like tippy-tappy football i like see teams being able to fight aswell.

Arsenal Gilberto and Vieira era. Pace, power and technique all over.

Man United. Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo era.

Barcelona Ronaldinho, Deco, Eto'o era.

Barcelona Messi, Villa era.

Real Madrid that 1 season they didn't win anything but often played a midfield 3 of Kroos, Modric and James. BBC up top. Fun as owt.

Liverpool Suarez, Coutinho and Sturridge season. Those last 20 games they were absolutely tremendous.

Ronaldinho's Barca were must watch TV at the time.

Was reading that Ronaldinho scored two in a 3-0 win at the Bernabeu on the same day Messi made his first league start. Amazing to think there was a time Messi wasn't the GOAT. But yeah, the Dinho

The Proper Galácticos were up there for me.

Figo, Zidane and Ronaldo were 3 of the best and most entertaining players going, all on the same team.

Roberto Carlos was hammering every free kick into orbit 99 times out of 100 but then that 1 was always amazing.

That Spanish core of Raul, Casilas, Salgado, Hierro, Helguera, Morientes and even Guti were all solid.

Makalele in the middle breaking up everything.

I will never understand how Geremi got games for them though.