Mo Diamé to be released

BeloEmre

Is he just an all-round midfielder? I know he scored a few goals last season but looking at stats it's the only season he's done that.

We might not always need a dedicated holding midfielder as long as we have enough presence in general. 

Is he just an all-round midfielder? I know he scored a few goals last season but looking at stats it's the only season he's done that.

We might not always need a dedicated holding midfielder as long as we have enough presence in general. 

From what I understand, he usually plays in a box to box role, but last season he spent the whole season playing practically as a number 10.

From what I remember, he's a very similar style of player to Sissoko. Powerful, can score and create, has presence, but also a bit inconsistent.

What HT says

Guest firetotheworks

I liked him a lot at West Ham, but I can't say that I've followed his progress much since he left, but 10 goals last season sounds very promising.

As a side note, I feel a bit shit for the Hull fans, no club should be allowed to be decimated to that extent and it'll ultimately end up with the fans being the ones who suffer and have to pick up the pieces.

Thought we should have gone for him years ago (when he was still at West Ham) and like others, I don't really know how he's done since.  Back then he was definitely something different to what we currently have in midfield though so I'm optimistic

Bit weird that he's dropping down a division so he spends 2 seasons in the Championship instead of 1 but I guess Hull are all over the shop at the minute which will explain it.

I quite like him from what I've seen, he was easily the best player on the park in the playoff final and is different to any of the other midfielders we'll have in the squad.

Any mention of the actual fee?

I remember him giving us all sorts of problems in a home game, might have been for West Ham, he was running at us with pace and directness and we couldn't deal with him.

Aye, think I remember that game too.

Yeah he bossed the midfield that game. He would have been a good cheap option for us the past couple of seasons tbh so it's pretty much a no-brainer now imo.

Bit weird that he's dropping down a division so he spends 2 seasons in the Championship instead of 1 but I guess Hull are all over the shop at the minute which will explain it.

I quite like him from what I've seen, he was easily the best player on the park in the playoff final and is different to any of the other midfielders we'll have in the squad.

I'm sure we are making it worth his while.

Mentions of £3m release clause, but that's not definite.

Any signing in single figures of millions these days is pretty much risk free tbh, especially under £5m! The world has gone mental yet we seem to be the ones spending wisely.