Graeme Jones

loki679

Absolute wanker.

:lol: :thup:

I'll be going absolutely fucking nowhere near a love-in for this no-mark who should be nowhere near the club. As complicit as the rest of them. Just happens to be competent.

I'm biased because I knew his dad but this talk is absolutely tripe. He's not your typical British managers lunch club coach. "Should be nowhere near the club" - he has the best CV for a coach that we've had for many years. I hope he gets the main job soon.

My view is based on the theory being correct about him being the acting manager/manager in waiting; and on that basis, his only managerial experience has come briefly at the foot of the Championship. So he isn't in the position on any sort of merit. Just another typical Ashley appointment; cheap, grateful and entering the job with eyes wide open. Just cos he's not a liar or totally incompetent (both of which remains to be seen of course) doesn't mean I'm gonna offer him any leeway.

Any manager at Mike Ashley's NUFC, who's career is being progressed at the expense of the continued Ashleyfication of the club, won't get any applause from me. Which I'm sure he'll be devastated about of course.

I mean the guy has been an assistant for eons, alongside a really good manager, and at club level as well as international level with a top international team.

In Ashley's model where he has always wanted more of a head coach that can work with players the recruitment team brings in, it's the kind of hire he should have looked for previously.

The contrast between the two, here..

What I like about it is when I join a new team I hold back and let them take the lead for a bit so not to ruffle feathers.

He's just fucked them off and going for it

What I like about it is when I join a new team I hold back and let them take the lead for a bit so not to ruffle feathers.

He's just fucked them off and going for it

There's no way Bruce appointed Jones then let him make him (Bruce)look like a fraud. Surely during his interview/appointment he's been told his real role and to be up front ASAP.

Yorkie:

My view is based on the theory being correct about him being the acting manager/manager in waiting; and on that basis, his only managerial experience has come briefly at the foot of the Championship. So he isn't in the position on any sort of merit. Just another typical Ashley appointment; cheap, grateful and entering the job with eyes wide open. Just cos he's not a liar or totally incompetent (both of which remains to be seen of course) doesn't mean I'm gonna offer him any leeway.

Any manager at Mike Ashley's NUFC, who's career is being progressed at the expense of the continued Ashleyfication of the club, won't get any applause from me. Which I'm sure he'll be devastated about of course.

What I've been trying to phrase verbally and mentally for a long time. Stealing that now.

Guest neesy111

Not to be negative, but I reckon it's more having someone, anyone in other than Bruce & Co giving instructions that's lifted the players this week. Which is pretty indicative and damning given that he's a coach from the championship who was hardly heralded by fans of his former clubs.

I do believe this is part of the reason for todays performance.  Amazing what have new voice to listen do can do to anyone in a job.

The contrast between the two, here..

Somebody go try and decipher what Agnew is going on about there.

A stupid, clueless bunch of Steves right there.

By the way, someone we hated previously also liked to give a thumbs up the way Jones did at the end there. :lol:

New messiah did ye say?

Jesus Jones it is then.

Personally keeping us up for the takeover and showing Bruce up is the only good that can come of it for me though. Anybody keeping this thing ticking over as is is not for me.

Will he become an international bright young thing?

New messiah did ye say?

Jesus Jones it is then.

Personally keeping us up for the takeover and showing Bruce up is the only good that can come of it for me though. Anybody keeping this thing ticking over as is is not for me.

Will he become an international bright young thing?

He's right here right now and real, real, real

Guest reefatoon

Just shows, you don’t have to be a great coach, just have a vague idea of a plan and tactics and it can get you that. Who would have thought “let’s play” every day would not have the desired effect.

So it turns out he almost exclusively played a 4-3-1-2 formation at Luton. Checkout the tactic column on the far right below for his time at Luton.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/graeme-jones/leistungsdatenDetail/trainer/7889/verein_id/1031/datum_zu/2019-05-07/datum_ab/2020-04-24

The exact formation we played today. which Bruce had not used at all at Newcastle. Bruce looks to have been demoted :laugh: