Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Which footballer did you used to try and be in the back garden/school playground when you were growing up? Anyone do any weird stuff looking back at it?

I used to love Solano so much so that I used to cross myself when I scored just because he did it. 

When I went in goal I used to pretend to be Fabien Barthez because I heard on a video that he'd only ever conceded 2 goals . My young brain didn't want to accept it was only 2 goals in World Cup 98 not his career. I also used to copy this Laudrup celebration:

45e84215-5b34-4c4c-8edc-324853349549.jpg?publicKey=cms-ro&t%5B0%5D=tv2cropping%3Awidth%3D620%2Cheight%3D349&t%5B1%5D=compress%3Alevel%3D15&accessToken=bbdb9edda6cdd3493651f896d398ae3b8c1e6ee17203f048c10b993783b7c108

Zico. Still not executed a single overhead kick in my life :lol:

Practiced the David Platt volley against Belgium in 1990 with my mate all summer long, he was Gazza and I was Platt. Couldn’t get it down, skied loads over the bar and the few I got on target were shit. When we played a school match a few months later he clipped the ball into the box over my shoulder and I fucking nailed, flew past the keeper. We lost the game 7-2.

We also used to try and recreate Alex Mathie’s mint goal from when beat Sheffield Wed 4-2 on our first ever Monday Night Football. With no success.

I was going to post I remember everyone at school and on my football team trying to copy the flip flp thing after Ronaldinho did it.  Tried to copy that Di Canio volley vs Wimbledon too.

Also used to do the Ravanelli celebration of shirt over the head

Horacio Carbonari. Not even kidding. He scored a screamer once, so we all used to shout "Carbonariiiiiiii" if the ball came to us about 25 yards out.

Or Shay Given if I was in goal, which I was quite a lot. I used to say to myelf "Save, Shay" if I stopped one going in the corner. This lass who played semi-pro nearly broke my nose by drilling one straight at my face and that was the last time I ever pretended to be Shay Given.

Post it, i'm not clicking on a Daily Mail link.

Off my phone?! Get bent! I only read the football on there as the app is spot on!

No you get bent!  Fucking gobshite!

just kidding :lol:

Post it, i'm not clicking on a Daily Mail link.

Off my phone?! Get bent! I only read the football on there as the app is spot on!

No you get bent!  Fucking gobshite!

just kidding :lol:

Ha ha ha 🤣