Southampton 0-1 Newcastle United - 07/03/20

Disco

Don't remember that, just read the match report and it says he got sent off after the final whistle?

The last one I can remember is when we beat Arsenal at the Emirates and I think one of their defenders got sent off in the last min

Actually think it might be Bardsley for the mackems for his disgusting ‘tackle’ in the Ryan Taylor game.

Just seen that tackle Djenepo got sent off for. He should thank his lucky stars he didn't snap Hayden's leg in half. It wasn't intentional, but if he's genuinely that clumsy, he shouldn't be playing at this level.

Very relieved to get a win. We're starting to look a lot safer now.

My usual bugbear with penalties though. It was a very good save from Ritchie, but he did jump off his line beforehand. This can't be the most difficult rule in the world to enforce - why don't they?

My usual bugbear with penalties though. It was a very good save from Ritchie, but he did jump off his line beforehand. This can't be the most difficult rule in the world to enforce - why don't they?

As penalty saves go, it was in the top 10%. Agreed about the non-enforcement of the rules. You'd think it would be easy to check with VAR. Any rule-breaking by a keeper is going to matter much more than encroachment by outfield players, which is enforced. As we know ourselves, it can even be enforced by berk referees who erroneously take the penalty away.

I don't know much about xG, how would it have measured that triple save?

I presume it just counts it as one instance rather than 3 seperate instances

3 separate attempts. 0.54, 0.43 & 0.13 iirc

We are much better with Shelvey in the team.  If fans can't see this then I'm staggered.  I honestly think some on here hate him regardless of the performances he puts in.  He is the best passer of a ball by far and controls the tempo.  As for Danny Rose, I honestly can't believe how bad he is!

we all know he's the best passer of the ball at the club, but it's what his presence does to the overall shape and position of the team that turns people like me off him

controls the tempo?  yeah from inside our own 3rd of the pitch for the majority of the time looking for hollywood balls over the top

that said i'll actually agree that while bacon is our manager he might as well be first choice because the cunt can't coach a passing game through midfield, so why bother trying

Get the fuck in. Another season of Bruce/Ashley/mediocrity beckons.

What a fucking time to be a fan of NUFC

i was getting worried for Big Mike for a while there tbph, he could have lost another year of the gravy train

scary times

Hard to gauge from highlights and match threads but was this one of our better performances this season then?

We were creating chances and playing fairly well before the red. Easily could've been 2 or 3 nil at half time, it had to be at least 1-0.

Second half wasn't great, but we got the job done in the end.

Spot on [mention]samptime29 [/mention] 

They honestly looked completely incapable of doing much to us and our players were dictating the game. We should have been out of sight before the red.

Our best lineup imo would be ASM wide left, Almiron central, and Lazaro wide right (would honestly sign him fully). A proper CF at the top of that. If we could truly upgrade the CM and fullbacks we could look decent. I do like All of our CBs but I’m still hurting seeing Schar on the bench and Lejeune no where near the team.

Hard to gauge from highlights and match threads but was this one of our better performances this season then?

We were creating chances and playing fairly well before the red. Easily could've been 2 or 3 nil at half time, it had to be at least 1-0.

Second half wasn't great, but we got the job done in the end.

👍

sorry what chances did we create before the red other than the triple save? 

after the red we were creating them wholesale granted but prior to the red not so afair

Gayle missed two other sitters. One a header from 6 yards out from Shelvey's pass and another from ASM's cut back.

after the red we were creating them wholesale granted but prior to the red not so afair

Gayle missed two other sitters. One a header from 6 yards out from Shelvey's pass and another from ASM's cut back.

Yeah he did. Championship striker at best

i know, that wasn't what i asked though