Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

We have sold our best 2 attackers.

Between Almiron, Joelinton, Saint-Maxim, Gayle, Muto, Longstaff and Ritchie I think it will suffice.

The league is not as strong this year.

Between Almiron, Joelinton, Saint-Maxim, Gayle, Muto, Longstaff and Ritchie I think it will suffice.

Gayle will be sold to claw back some money and Ritchie is a LWB now

FWIW I'm not saying these signings are bad, I don't care either way. They're just not made with any attention to success on the pitch.

In what sense? Position wise you mean? Or you don't think they're good enough?

Gayle will be sold to claw back some money and Ritchie is a LWB now

I think if we are playing two upfront int he 3-5-2 Bruce has used in pre-season it would be worth keeping Gayle. You may be right though.

Ritchie creates a decent amount of chances and gets the odd goal even from that position.

FWIW I'm not saying these signings are bad, I don't care either way. They're just not made with any attention to success on the pitch.

They're not signed for footballing reasons or with attention to any bigger plan, they're signed because they might sell to a bigger club in a season or 2.

They might be 'good enough' for what they want, which is just to stay up.

ASM needs nurturing and patience he's incredibly frustrating, Bruce is not the man for this

That's what happens when your signings don't have anything to do with your choice of manager.

"with a lot of bonuses".

Weird how he's seemingly totally switched from paying up front to that. Wonder what the motivation is.

TBF if the bonuses are things like plays for France, plays in Europe, wins a cup then they'll never mature anyway.

They're not signed for footballing reasons or with attention to any bigger plan, they're signed because they might sell to a bigger club in a season or 2.

They might be 'good enough' for what they want, which is just to stay up.

Ah, right. But I was only commenting on how I think they will do well this season, because I think they are going to be part of a really dynamic attack. We're all clear on MA's approach and we all know that's the case, unfortunately.

ASM needs nurturing and patience he's incredibly frustrating, Bruce is not the man for this

Possibly, however, unlike the Ben Arfa situation he will have to play him and let him figure things out. He won't be able to get away with mucking him about as he is not goign to be some loan player he can scapegoat.

I’m kind of on Kaka’s side here, I can see us benefitting from what is known as the ‘George Graham Effect’ which basically means a disciplined well drilled team might carry on that way for a couple of seasons, but with added flair up top. If this guy, Joelinton and Almiron hit it off then top 10 isn’t that far fetched.

Although clearly a short term blip that will only get worse.

Is he a big and strong modern-type player?

He's 5ft 6.

Well I hope he’s all about grit and effort and none of this fancy dan showboating stuff. Wouldn’t want any of that.

I’m kind of on Kaka’s side here, I can see us benefitting from what is known as the ‘George Graham Effect’ which basically means a disciplined well drilled team might carry on that way for a couple of seasons, but with added flair up top. If this guy, Joelinton and Almiron hit it off then top 10 isn’t that far fetched.

Although clearly a short term blip that will only get worse.

VDjowbk.gif

This just reminds me of the Rondon abuse last summer.

I know you guys want to see the team do badly, but the fact is some really talented attacking players have been added to a a sturdy defence and midfield that both really came on last season.

And, without Rafa, they're being sent out by an utter imbecile.

See how that stacks up.

Didn't this happen with MArtinez at Everton ... for a season, he benefited from the previous defensive manager, and the defenders were solid (like ours last season) and with Martinez's attacking approach, it worked .. then the defense lost it, he couldn't train a defense and it came unstuck ... we might have a half decent season, if we get a strong attack and keep a bit of defensive solidarity ...

Relegation in 20/21 instead ...

Interestingly an immediate reversion to the carr model.

I think Ashley sees the squad as a revenue stream which Rafa wasn't maximising hence being so enthuastic to get shot of him.

Once bitten twice shy clearly doesn't apply to Ashley, 3rd relegation under his watch here we come.

The likes of Almiron, Saint-Maximin and Joelinton are a big step up from the likes of Riviere and Gouffran. They are also more physically capable than the likes of Thauvin and Cabella.

Unfortunately for a lot of people on here, the team is going to be an exciting one to watch, and are likely to do well this season. Best prepare yourselves.

Hi guys,

My names Kaka and I'm a fucking lunatic.

Have a nice day.

He's right though. Just to fuck us all off, the team will have a blinding season.

It'll be another "5th place under Pardew" that the media will use as a stick to beat the fans for the next decade or so.

Mate, if we get 5th place, or even 10th place, the media can beat the shit out of us, I'll happily take it as a lesson learned.