Bournemouth Vs Newcastle - 01/07/2020@18:00 (Live on SkySports & Pick)

Definitely think we alternate Carroll and Gayle up top in one half or the other for the rest of the season providing they stay fit. I don't want to see Joelinton as a lone striker again, that said I'd prefer him to maybe start as a wide fwd, and drop Almiron for a bit, with StMax on the other side.

Or Rithchie and StMax wide Joelinton behind one of Carroll or Gayle. Hayden has been one of the better midfielders, so it's a toss up who plays next to him, Shelvey probably compliments Hayden the best. So I guess that would be 4411 or 4231.

To be honest, I actually hope we lose this one. We're on 39 points - Norwich would have to win 6 of their final 7 games to pass us, and maybe even draw the other. Villa need at least 4 wins from their last 6 games, Watford would need at least 11 point from their last 6, and West Ham have to play both Villa and Watford, so points are clearly getting dropped there between the 3 of them, leaving even less margin for error in their other matches, so we're basically like 99.9999% safe (even if we lost every other match 0-10).

Like many others, I'd far rather BOTH West Ham and Villa went down, and the way Bournemouth are playing that isn't looking too likely, so they'd really need to win this one if there's any hope of that, and I'll be in the same midset for the Watford match as well. I'd be happy if he rested a lot of players, take some out of the squad completely to save the long trip, and then get them all back in for the 'home' match against West Ham on Sunday.

Looking at our remaining matches, I would like to beat West Ham, but not really too fussed about any of the others, and I can certainly see the appeal of finishing on 42 points around 15th, for obvious reasons, should the takeover actually happen.

Bit of a shit situation to be in, but that's where I personally stand.

Bournemouth's last 6 games after this is:

Man Utd (A)

Tottenham (H)

Leicester (H)

Man City (A)

Southampton (H)

Everton (A)

I can't see them getting much joy from the first four, so they really could all ready be down by the Southampton match if we beat them, so they really need to win on Wednesday to have any real hope.

Bournemouth aren't in my ideal 20 teams that would make up the PL. Get them down, get Leeds, Forest and Derby up. (I know it's looking almost certain that WBA will come up but oh well)

I'd probably be more in that mindset if we were where we traditionally should be, comfortably in that 7-9 range, with hope of getting in the top 6, but as we're always one of the 5 or 6 favourites to go down (at the start of the season), I don't really want these similarish sized clubs like Villa, West Ham, Leeds (although it's inevitable they'll be in now) etc. in the league, probably doing better than us, having more resources, generally making a better fist of things, and cue all the 'big club' debates and stuff.

If we got taken over and we were soaring then I'd probably want these more traditional clubs from big cities in there for a more 'ideal' league as you say, but while we're far from being ideal ourselves, I would rather still be doing better than our contemporaries.

Bournemouth aren't in my ideal 20 teams that would make up the PL. Get them down, get Leeds, Forest and Derby up. (I know it's looking almost certain that WBA will come up but oh well)

Same here, although I consider West Brom to be in the same bracket as Forest and Derby so not really fussed which one comes up. Much prefer games against the slightly bigger clubs than Bournemouth. Although I'd still like to see West Ham go down, never liked them as a club, and hiring David Moyes didn't help.

I think Forest do still have a bit more pull than the likes WBA despite not being in the top flight for ages, and even spending a few seasons in the 3rd tier (I guess similar to Leeds...). Those European Cups, and the fact they're from one of the 8 'core cities' in England does add something in my opinion.

I also do get what people are saying, a Newcastle vs Leeds match (or the away fixture) do generally have a bigger feel than say Newcastle vs Bournemouth/Watford, and certainly Leeds vs Man Utd is a more appealing match to the neutral than Man Utd vs some of the other aforementioned clubs, but again, while we are just surviving and existing, I'd probably rather just be playing small teams, as I'd be more jealous if a Villa/Leeds etc. became a Wolves type and easily passed us, as I'd be thinking it should be us. Leicester and Wolves being a million miles away doesn't feel quite as bad for some reason.

I don't care if we win, I would rather Bournemouth stayed up mind.

I would prefer Bournemouth to go down, although I'm not really sure about us winning. I don't really care either way at this point, although in the long run we need Bruce to be losing ideally, even if I will still be cheering us on.

I wish the football season was always like this.

Loving the fact that there is football on TeeVee almost every night and our games come round really quickly. 

The FA and Premier League should look at this, two seasons per calendar year with two nice breaks in between  13 weeks on, 13 weeks off.... 

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Teams I would like to see back in the PL:

Leeds

Blackburn

Nottingham

Sheffield W

Sunderland

Middlesborough

Coventry

In place of:

Burnley

Brighton

Bournemouth

Sheffield U

Watford

Norwich

Crystal Palace

I'm also enjoying all the football being back, and have watched just about all the televised matches these past 3 weeks, however, tonight's PL offering is probably the least interesting/significant since it's return. It might turn out to be a decent watch, but Palace and Burnley will finish anywhere between 9th and 13th, and their respective seasons are effectively over, so I'll be watching the League 2 play off final instead - big match for Sunderland, ha.

I don't actually mind West Ham, to me they are just another club similar to us. Loyal well supported fanbase run by clowns etc.

Bournemouth had their fun and time up in this league but lets be honest there are far bigger clubs who are more suited to this league better than they are. They lost their shine a while ago and their purchases have been diabolical.

Teams I would like to see back in the PL:

Leeds

Blackburn

Nottingham

Sheffield W

Sunderland

Middlesborough

Coventry

In place of:

Burnley

Brighton

Bournemouth